5.0 out of 5 stars Special.
I have to say in complete honesty, i didn't care much for Rhydian (his singing he seems a lovely guy) on X-Factor, probably because i dont take many of its products seriously, but i took a chance on his album.
Published on 16 Dec. 2008 by Neil Shaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong direction
This saw Rhydian veering off in the wrong direction. Instead of building on the success he had won from the X Factor and his debut album, he took (in my opinion) a completely wrong turning with this one. There are some real nuggets - Benedictus, Ave Verum, How Great Thou Art - and there is no doubt that his voice is rich and even spine-chilling at times. However, after...
Published on 30 Aug. 2011 by amazon shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Special., 16 Dec. 2008
Neil Shaw (Northern Ireland, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
It is superb, i haven't heard a voice like his before. The albums song choices are brilliant, and even though id be more partial to other music genres there is no denying Rhydians singing ability. As a Meatloaf fan, obviously 'Not A Dry In The House' was a major factor in buying this, and he sings it absolutely wonderfully, the power and control in his voice is astounding. All the songs will give immense pleasure to anyone who listens, a must for any music fan, and surely the beginning a wonderful career for this fine man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Superb, 8 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I've been listening to the album over and over again and each time I'm overwhelmed by the power and passion in Rhydian's voice. It's hard to choose favourites, but What If and The Prayer stand out especially.
I look forward to following his future career and enjoying more albums to come. As the ad says "Music has a new voice" A force to be reckoned with, and a voice that will become even richer and more mature in the future. Just wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purely and Utterly "Rhydian", 24 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
Rhydian's journey to this day of his debut album release has been an amazing one to follow.This album is absolutely wonderful.The tracks are a great ecclectic mix which lovers of good music will enjoy.Rhydian sings each one with all the power and passion that his wonderful voice conveys.It is difficult to single out particular songs because each one touches the heart. "What If" the duet sung with Idina Menzel is delightful. "I'm Coming Home Again " has a Celtic feel which stirs the heart and Not A Dry Eye In The House has a new slant to it making it sound unique.The spellbinding version of "The Prayer" is simply amazing.All 11 tracks make this album one not to be missed.Rhydian gives 110% and I cannot find anything negative to say. It is purely and utterly Rhydian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Nov. 2008
C. Magro "reading bug" (Malta) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I live in France and last year I could not vote for Rhydian...which was a shame. I ordered my copy of his album and boy was it worth it! Totally loved it and also if you do get a copy, do read Rhydian's 'thank yous' at the back! I think he's lovely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhydian 10 - Sony 0, 29 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
The voice is better than ever. The execution is superb and will move you to tears. Tracks you thought worn out he's breathed new life into. Buy it. You won't regret it.

It's the selection of tracks which is so much less than he deserves and we hoped for. Where are the upbeat fun tracks which leave you feeling happy and make you want to dance? Sony seem to be trying to make him fit into the same mould as other creations of theirs (Il Divo, Josh Groban, Jonathan Ansell...) and that's selling him short. He's capable of so much more than this as we saw with 'Somebody to Love', 'I would do anything for Love' Go West. and we loved it. Bring on the next CD and this time, Sony, let him do what he does so well (and Il Divo, Josh etc don't) - surprise us and get us up on our feet, dancing!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Outstanding Debut Album, 29 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I've never watched X Factor, never been interested in any of reality singing shows, but few days ago my friend bought me the album Rhydian as a birthday gift. She said "go home and listen to the voice of this man". I've never heard for Rhydian before, what a shame many would say, but as a working woman there is no time for much music in my life.
I listened to 11 tracks on this album and than listen again and again....the voice of Rhydian is something so special, beautiful, unique it's difficult even to describe if you are not musically educated. But more than the quality of his voice the pure, deep emotions which he is able to fill up his voice with have impressed me tremendously. He cries, he smiles, he promises, he loves, he does everything through his voice. I've never come across any singer who has been able to tell the story of the song with such an artistic power and at the same time has made me feel the part of his emotions while following his magical voice.
The artist's ability of taking the listener into the world of his deepest emotional secrets, fears, hopes while singing I assume is the sign of the real artistic power and Rhydian has got this ability in the abundance.
There is a great future ahead of this young man!
The songs I like the most would be "I Am Coming Home Again", The Impossible Dream, There Will Be A Time, Who Wants To Live For Ever, Not A Dry Eye In The House, To Where You Are, What If,....OMG, I love them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars next one, 30 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I would willingly buy this album for just one of the tracks, however I have a full album instead to enjoy. His voice has that something extra that gets right inside you. He said that he would have liked some more upbeat tracks to be included, but for a debut album there has to be a compromise. I am sure that the next album will include some less "safe" options once his credibilty as an artist without the XFactor tag to his name is established. Roll on the next album and his tour, see him live, there is nothing to beat him in a live performance - I can speak from experience!!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!!!, 9 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
Having watched Rydian through the stages of the competition I think it was a bitter sweet pill to take when he came second but you know it has been the making of him. This album it utterly compelling in every way such quality of voice and arrangements there is not a bad track and each one has a very personal feel to the familiar lyrics. I hope this will be the first of many wonderful albums from Rydian he is a talent which we need to nurture I have not stopped playing this since it arrived I full recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than even I expected!, 24 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Rhydian's since last year and was looking forward to this album with great expectation. I've played it now - and it far far far exceeds those expectations!

Yes, lots of ballads and lots of covers but all interpreted in Rhyd's unique way. He says that he likes to let the songs touch his heart and then convey that emotion to his listeners - he succeeds here. A truly sublime album.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Beautiful Voice!, 2 Jan. 2009
Strangefig (Stockport, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhydian (Audio CD)
I loved this album from the gorgeous 'Somewhere' which made me tremble in parts long and best forgotten, through to the sheer artistry of 'To Where you Are' which I confess made me cry. 'The Impossible Dream' which has had many, many covers has never before made me want to take up some heroic quest personally until now!I cannot believe music lovers have had to wait a whole year for this wonderful album.

Rhydian