Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 7 January 2012
Really brilliant cd that i can't stop listening to! Came in great time in secure packaging for a good price. This CD includes the number 1 hits "I kissed a girl" and "Hot 'n Cold" Would definitely recommend this, regardless of whether you're a Perry fan
on 12 September 2010
I've always been a huge fan of Katy Perry, so when her fourth single, 'Waking up in Vegas', came out I just had to have this album, having loved every song she'd brought out!
I definitely wasn't disappointed! This album is crammed full with vibrant, upbeat and charismatic rock/pop tunes that you could listen to over and over again!
What I love is how different and unique she is, and how outstanding her vocals are to some very catchy, quirky and funny lyrics! I would recommend this to anyone!
1.) One of the Boys- a brilliant start to the album! Catchy and a good concept, very different to the usual 'love songs' you here, 8/10
2.) I Kissed a Girl- FANTASTIC! One of the best here! It's been out for a few years now and I still haven't got bored of it! It's daring, it's sexy and it's cool! 10/10
3.) Waking up in Vegas- One to dance to! If you've ever partied in Vegas, you'll definitely relate to this song! It's fun and nothing too serious! 10/10
4.) Thinking of You- different to previous songs, as this one is a great ballad! Katy's vocals are outstanding and she proves she's not just about the soaring party beats, she can offer a good heartfelt melody too! 10/10
5.) Mannequin- one of my personal favourites on the album! Very rocktastic! Brilliant lyrics, and definitely something I could relate to! 10/10
6.) Ur So Gay- Hilarious and catchy! Very daring and different! Slower beat than a lot of the other songs, which is a nice change :) 10/10
7.) Hot n Cold- Again shear pop brilliance! I just can't get bored of it! Very catchy and one to dance and sing-a-long to! 10/10
8.) If you Cna Afford Me- not the best but still a good listen! Good lyrics :) 8/10
9.) Lost- definitely a heartfelt melody to listen to! Very touching, and a surprise change from Katy's usual persona! You see a vulnerable side to her here! Still fantastic! 7/10
10.) Self Inflicted- Love it! Sad, yet upbeat and very powerful! Worth a listen! 9/10
11.) I'm Still Breathing- Slow and beautifully written, sung and a powerful concept! One to cry to! Love it! 9/10
12.) Fingerprints- not the best, but a good end to the album! Still Perry good though!:) 7/10

13.) I Kissed a Girl (rock mix)- Not totally necassary, but worth a listen for any I Kissed a Girl fans! Good new mix, but it doesn't beat the original! 7/10

..This also includes the video to I Kissed a Girl! :)

Very good as Katy's debut..and I can't wait to go out and buy her new album aving loved California Gurls!!!! I'm sure it'll be just as good as this, though I'm still contemplating over whether or not it could ever beat it!:) Buy, buy, buy!!!!!
on 9 December 2011
Such a brilliant album, her voice is amazing with an increadible vocal range that is experienced through 13 great songs!

One Of The Boys- brilliant opening, good lyrics, catchy.
I Kissed A Girl- no explanation needed!
Waking Up In Vegas- again billiant, catchy, great build up.
Thinking Of You- good song, ballad about an ex.
Mannequin- critics say is horrible, i say unique brilliance, class.
Ur So Gay (Edited)- disappointing, download class american version.
Hot N Cold- fantastic catchy tune, you will dance.
If You Can Afford Me- again, full of attitude and catchy!
Lost (Edited)- good song, vocal range superb here.
Self Inflicted- excellent song, sing along to this- LOUD!
I'm Still Breathing- another ballad- good song.
Fingerprints- another good song, catchy.

There is also a hidden bonus version of 'I Kissed A Girl'- the 'Rock Mix' which is utterly brrilliant! Overall I love this album and can't stop listening to it!
on 7 September 2011
I bought this one after having bought her second album and was actually surprised at how much I came to like it! Whenever I had heard Hot 'n' Cold on the radio I hadn't been bothered, but from actually listening to the album as a whole I'm now pretty fond of it, and all the others on this. It's not quite as good as her second, but I'd really recommend this.

If you're a parent buying it for a young daughter, listen to the songs yourself first before deciding if you're happy giving it to your kid or not. I know there's bound to be some out there who'd be a bit reluctant, so this is a heads up. =P
on 16 April 2009
I only bought this cd because my 3 year old came back from nursery singing "I kissed a girl and I liked it, tastes like cherry and chop sticks..." and I'm afraid to say I thought it was funny (although I was a little worried why they were listening to it at nursery in the first place). However, I really like the rest if the album too, although there are a few songs which are a bit slow and I end up skipping them, I much prefer the more upbeat ones and I think it suits her singing style
on 13 December 2011
After a slow start, I'm really now starting to like Katy Perry. She's definitely put some fun back into pop music again, by not taking herself too seriously yet delivering some killer pop gems - my favourites are the singles so far 'Hot 'N' Cold' and 'Waking Up in Vegas', though 'I Kissed a Girl' isn't my favourite.

Her vocals may not be the best in the world, but that never stopped Madonna! She's fun, bright, and her music makes you want to get onto the dance floor and tear it up!

Can't ask for more! That's what good pop music should do!
on 3 June 2014
Flawless album! Katy at her rawest, perfect production, amazing lyrics an very catchy timeless songs! Amazing pop tracks, pop/rock tracks an a few beautiful ballads a must buy!!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 27 September 2008
First things first.

Does it offend ?

We are being led to believe that Ms Perry's (nee Hudson) debut album
has ruffled a few feathers within the sweaty-palmed enclaves of America's
moral majority and beyond.

Indeed, even her evangelical parents are allegedly outraged.

Lighten up Mom and Dad - You have every reason to be proud of your lovely daughter!

On a scale of one-to-ten 'One Of The Boys' has not registered even a paltry
0.0001 on The Wolf's disgust-o-meter.
There are many more creatively perverse ways of hitching a ride to hell
than listening to this splendid little album.

Whether Ms Perry has, or has not, discovered pleasure in mouth-to-mouth
contact with another female of her species is not the issue (for goodness-sake
in The Home Forest squirrels are doing it all the time).

These twelve songs deliver as much fun as it is feasibly possible to have
with a four-and-a half inch diameter piece of shiny plastic.

Our heroine emerges with her "cherry chapstick' (...not chopstick as your
reviewer initially believed he had heard) entirely intact.

This is uber-competent power-pop of the very first order. Truly stonking stuff.

'Waking Up In Vegas', 'If You Can Afford Me', 'Self Inflicted', 'Fingerprints' and 'Hot and Cold',
however formulaic, are all barnstorming models of foot tapping singalong perfection.

The formula is a good one.

'Thinking Of You', 'Lost' and 'I'm Still Breathing' demonstrate her capacity to
vary the emotional palette and pace without losing our attention.

'Ur So Gay' is a metrosexual hoot. Dig out your favorite recording of Die Zauberflote
( my own preference remains the 1964 Karl Bohm / BPO set ) and play along !

'Mannequin' is as fine a pop song as you will hear anywhere in the musical firmament this year.

Unreserved praise, then, for this cracking little offering !

Highly Recommended.
on 17 March 2009
Dear all,

Katy Perry is presenting herself as a singer songwriter, and both she does very well. Not only have I heard the CD-album already many times but also seeing her live in her "Hello Katy Perry" show in Brussels, which included all numbers of the CD-album, has convinced me: she has enough potential to be as big as Kylie, and perhaps even as big as Madonna.
Much will depend on the hits on her next albums, but the current album "One of the boys" is a great start. I also like to hear her quieter pop songs with acoustic guitar as an important ingredient. Putting Katy in a music direction is easy: POP will do nicely for the moment.

Theo
Belgium.
on 9 March 2015
This is a great CD.

My children love it, I love it and their nan loves it ;)

I find leaving a review for a CD a bit strange because we all have different taste in music and being that I bought it means I (or who I buy to for) likes the artist/s and also when buying a CD such as this - the tracks are listed.. you buy the CD because you like the artist... you like the tracks listed... I don't know... can't really understand poor reviews for CDs on Amazon... but anyway.... I/We loved this CD...

Arrived well packaged as usual and was as usual a fantastic price..