5.0 out of 5 stars great cd
Really brilliant cd that i can't stop listening to! Came in great time in secure packaging for a good price. This CD includes the number 1 hits "I kissed a girl" and "Hot 'n Cold" Would definitely recommend this, regardless of whether you're a Perry fan
Published on 7 Jan. 2012 by apleximus

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
On purchasing Katy Perry's other albums i purchased this one but to my surprise was not as good. Taking into account it was her first one the only track i like is " I kissed a girl " the others well not so good. I don't want to be hard on this great talented artist but this album wasn't for me sorry.
Published 2 months ago by POPPY

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 9 Mar. 2015
This is a great CD.

My children love it, I love it and their nan loves it ;)

I find leaving a review for a CD a bit strange because we all have different taste in music and being that I bought it means I (or who I buy to for) likes the artist/s and also when buying a CD such as this - the tracks are listed.. you buy the CD because you like the artist... you like the tracks listed... I don't know... can't really understand poor reviews for CDs on Amazon... but anyway.... I/We loved this CD...

Arrived well packaged as usual and was as usual a fantastic price..

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you still breathing?, 18 April 2011
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
There isn't a single song on this album I don't love. It's easy listening and (I'm ashamed to admit) my flatmates and I dance around our living room to this!

5.0 out of 5 stars possibly the best album i own, 30 Jan. 2010
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
if you like any one of katy's singles, you'll love this album. every song without exception is catchy and definitely single worthy. her voice is so different and has a lovely sound to it. i'm just waiting for her to bring out some new stuff ! can't wait.

edit: a lot of reviews comment on the album being censored. i searched for an uncensored version at the time and couldn't find one so i can only assume that this is the only version available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 4 Mar. 2009
This review is from: One Of The Boys (MP3 Download)
I wasn't expecting to like this album much but there are some good songs and Perry delivers them well. I can't see why people compare her to Lily Allen. To me, Perry sounds more like Pink.

Best songs: One of the Boys, I Kissed a Girl, Waking Up In Vegas, Ur So Gay, Hot N Cold.

Worse songs: There are no 'worst songs' but the ballards are a bit boring.

Once you get past the attention-seeking antics this is actually quite a qood album

5.0 out of 5 stars what took me so long??, 26 Jun. 2014
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
Huge fan of Katy's but didn't get in to her until Teenage Dream. Finally completed my collection off hers with one of the boys. And it is brilliant . Different sound but that's a good thing and once you play all three albums you can really here how far she has progressed . My favs on this album are Hot and Cold and Fingerprints and Thinking of you. And Ur so gay.

A MUST FOR ALL KATY FANS WHO HAVN'T GOT THIS YET.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poptastic!, 12 Sept. 2012
N. Wood (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
As a casual Katy fan, I bought this as a bargain for the singles, but loved it for the rest. I was enjoying it so much on the first listen I forgot it hadn't even reached Hot n Cold yet. Favourites include One of the Boys, about a teenage girl blossoming, and Ur so Gay (opening line - "I hope you hang yourself with your H & M scarf" ) and Mannequin. This is a great example of what a Pop album can and should be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Katy Perry - One of the boys, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
One of the boys she certainly is not! Not the most talented singer, but she can certainly belt out some attitute. I bought this album solely for 'hot 'n'cold' but that's not the whole story - 'One of the boys' 'I kissed a girl' (both versions) 'If you can afford me' 'Self inflicted' all classic whacky Perry tracks which I just play & play. Thanks Katy the world would be a lesser place without you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Feb. 2009
This review is from: One Of The Boys (MP3 Download)
Although I had been caught up by the two main tracks on this album, namely I kissed a girl and Hot n Cold, I was suspicious that the rest of the album would be fillers. I needn't have worried, this album never ceases to make me smile when I play it and more and more tracks seems to be making it to be singles in their own right - very good sign.
Buy it, you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good collection, 14 Sept. 2011
Mrs. T. Nel (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Of The Boys (Audio CD)
Some of Katy Perry's well known songs and also some less well known. A good CD at a good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 13 May 2015