on 13 December 2009
This chair has been a godsend! Despite being one of the cheaper bouncey chairs on the market it does everything you need and my daughter is very relaxed when she is in it. We tend to put her in it at our meal times and even if she is getting grumpy/hungry the vibrate setting will always keep her happy for just long enough for us to finish our meal before having to sort her out. Even if you don't choose this model I would advise getting one with the vibrate setting. Although the toys that come with it are pretty basic they are only velcro'd on so you can swap them around and hang other toys off of it to prevent baby from getting bored! My daughter is still using the chair at 4 months old so for the price this is a bargain!
11 comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2011
I bought this bouncer for about 28+ pounds before my daughter was born, since day one she loved being in there and God how much peace gave to my mind. I had a C section which was terribly so holding my baby the first weeks was very difficult, with this chair not just I got more comfort to enjoy my time with her and interact but also she seemed to love it. To be honest am not sure what would I've done without it, I wonder where mothers keep their babies if not, also gave me the opportunity to interact with her and promote eye contact and coordination as she could see everything around her and explore her own hands and movements, she would sleep there for hours if she could, and for when crying times due tiredness came along she would be easily soothed by the calming vibrations. They are a God Send, even now that she is 4 months old, a bit of calming vibrations would send her to sleep, who doesn't like a bit of massage!
The toys have kept her entertained for ages, and we became witness of how she grew with them day by day, first in size and being able to approach them, and now able to pull them and make the lion roar and play the lullabies on her own! (Exciting things to see for any mum haha) Also from the psychological point of view (am I psychologist) helped to reassure her and bond her confidence: being there she knows am around and does NEVER cry when I leave the room, this is because she got used to be there rather than my arms, so those crying babies when left down in the pram, cot or chair are not something known in my family. We do cuddle her lots but she does not need to, she just enjoys that without associating it to safety-issues. This is great, practical and help to bond with them in a less over protective way, and also gives us mums a lot of "hands-free" time to sort everything else around the house carrying them with you in their little bouncer. I will have in a month or two when she finally will be too bog for it as it deffo became the most important baby buy in our house. She adores her animals and the comfort of her chair. You MUST BUY one of this, and this one in particular is great value for money, light, not bulky and easy to transport.
P.S: Forgot to mention the great look of it, if you could just know how many cute pics of my girl with the giraffe ears behind her we have taken and everyone loves! Great looking colours :)
on 14 June 2011
I just received the bouncer and I am already very happy with it!
It was not too hard to install.
My 5 weeks old baby seems to like it already.
It looks very safe with the belt and the inclination is just perfect.
My baby looks very comfortable in it, the bouncer looks quite cute (more than on the picture) and the whole thing is rather small so I am sure it would be fairly easy to transport if needed for a holiday.
I wanted to test it right away so tonight I put my baby in and she fall asleep with the vibration on, which I switched off after a while and she did not wake up. She looks quite well and comfy there!
on 12 October 2010
I wish the features review on Amazon mentioned that this bouncer is only suitable for babies below 9kg of weight. When we bought this bouncer a month ago, my baby wasn't interested in it, as he was too young to appreciate the toys. Now he is approaching 12 weeks and getting interested in what's going on around him and looking at the toys. The other day I placed my baby in the bouncer and noticed that the bouncer feels like collapsing, I checked the tag, and it says: for babies not heavier than 9kg. This bouncer is potentially a safety hazard for him, as my boy is already 8kg (he was born as a 10-pounder). Looks like we won't be using the bouncer for long, which is a shame.
I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew it would be used for such a short time.
22 comments61 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2010
purchased initially as i thought the toy bar would keep my wee one entertained and vibrations would calm her - when she was newborn she did not like at AT ALL! she felt insecure in it i think as it is quite big (she was 7 11oz when born) she hated the bar and refused to look at it and cryed when we put on the vibration - however when the toy bar was removed it allowed me five mins here and there to get on with things - when she was about 6 weeks she started to look more at the bar but still didnt like the vibration - but loved sitting in it and would often fall asleep - now she is 10 weeks she loves the bar and the music and it is a god send as she sits quite happily allowing mummy to do some housework - i would say she is still a bit unsure of the vibrations though! a great buy but bear with it as new borns may not like it until a bit bigger, sturdy well made and wipes clean easily!
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 March 2014
My daughter loves this so much that we now have another one at the grandparents. The chair has been a godsend since we first bought her home; the colourful toys and sounds keep her entertained and its also a great place for a nap with bouncing motion and vibrate function. Don't be put off if your newborn doesn't like the vibrate at first, I think this is a bit scary for them when so small and new, but after about 3 weeks we tried again and it's now a firm part of the morning nap ritual. The toy bar is removable, we find this helpful when daughter gets tired as we can take it off to stop her being too overstimulated to drop off. My little girl is now 4 months and can reach and play with the elephant and hippo rattle. She hasn't quite mastered being able to pull the bananas to start of the noises herself yet but this is probably a good thing from a parents point of view as the only negative with this product is that you'll be singing the catchy tunes in your sleep as you will hear them so often!
on 28 February 2012
We used this chair a lot when our daughter was really little - we found that the vibration on it helped her sleep which was a lifesaver at times!

We didn't really use the toy bar much at all as our little one used to get bored of it quite quickly and you can't change the toys which is a shame.

Our daughter was quite a heavy baby and we did find that over time the metal frame did bend a bit and the seat ended up being much more reclined that it had started but she didn't seem to mind so I guess it would depend on the baby. We stopped using this at about 4-5 months when our little one was trying to sit up on her own and move about more.

I'm not sure I would recommend this particular bouncer as I think that any bouncer with a vibration function would do the same job and a bouncer with a toy bar that can have different toys attached would have been much better.
on 21 July 2010
Very impressed with delivery came within 2 days, very easy to put together and my grandson was only 8 wks old and really loved the musisc and vibration.
on 10 September 2010
I got this bouncer as I wanted one that didnt need batteries in order to make it do anything.
My son has used this since birth and he loves it. He is 4 months now and can bounce himself. I sit him in it when I do the housework and when he is cranky he always calms down when put in his chair.
Good price,plus free delivery!
on 16 October 2010
Bought this bouncer as a grandma of a new baby to keep in my home for when he visits. He has the same one in his own home and loves it! The vibrations soothe him and he loves to look at the hanging animals and listen to the music. Only criticism is that the music should play for longer than it does