5.0 out of 5 stars Fine
I browsed all kinds of options before my Dad recommended this from the shortlist I presented him with. It is flexible (even more so in hot weather) and thus locks well onto lamp posts, railings and even thicker objects which a U-lock wouldn't latch on to. The slot to protect the mechanism from the rain is useful too.
One can only remove one's keys from the lock once...
Published 22 months ago by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap bike chain lock
This works OK except that it seized up after getting wet - a major brawback for a bike chain lock. After oiling it, it works again but I had difficulty in getting the key in to unchain my bike - potentially very problematic. I had the same problem with a bike chain lock of three times the price so this one seems to be better value.
Published on 5 April 2010 by sisyphus

2.0 out of 5 stars Just about saved my bike!, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
I'm willing to give this lock 2 stars, but only because it actually saved my bike from an attempted theft.

Unfortunately, I would now advise anyone to avoid cable locks and opt for a U or D lock instead.

Although the lock resisted some cutting, the attack revealed just how vulnerable this lock actually is - a thin metal plating covers a very thin cable running through the length. After the attack, you can clearly see the thin cable exposed through the cut and bent armoured housing. By the look of this plating, it looks like the attacker had just pried and bent at it until it snapped apart, and so is probably about as protective as a tin can faced with a can opener!

I can only think that the thieving scum was disturbed in the act, because I could probably cut the cable with some pliers if I tried. Further, thieves actively target cable locks. Other bikes around mine had poor quality U-locks on them and they had not been touched.

So, the moral of this story is this - use a cable lock for quick lock-ups or as a secondary lock. Use a mini-U lock or full U-lock when parked up for any length of time.

Still, kudos to the poor lock for resisting an attack. I'm very pleased and relieved it passed this test, and even more pleased that it made me see the error of my ways in thinking that this lock could be suitable for anything but the lowest crime situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lock, 31 Aug 2011
J. M. Pepper "Josh Peppz" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Perfect lock for locking up for a few hours just remember to lock ur bike under shelter if possible just incase the rain gets into the lock cause the shutters dont tend to work too well on any locks tbh

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, really good, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
I bought it for my new bicycle, this lock is still working very well even when my new bicycle has stopped working. It is a five stars product all the way. Cool and calm as you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
the lock looks very secure. The key is a type C one which is nearly impossible for a thief to pick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hasnt failed so far, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Been using it for a few months now. Pefrect really, nice and compact and feels secure enough should anyone try to steal my bike. Easy to fold away in a bag or around the bike for when youre not using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks tough, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Been using this for a few months now. Curls up to fit in rucksack or panniers easily and is really easy to thread through bike or bikes and lock and unlock. Lock cover is neat too, preventing water getting in and rusting. Not the lightest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Lock, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
I have bought this lock over 2 weeks ago. It's a really good lock. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for safe thick lock so no one could steal your bike like it happened to me a few times. I don't think someone will be able to cut it without specialistic scissors.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great lock, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
this is the second lock i bought the first was for me the second was for my wife thay are great i have had mine for a year easy to use and fit just under the seat when not in use and 3 keys

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
100% satisfied with this purchase! Never hesitated for a moment. I am a happy buyer. Always feels nice to receive an item as described!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong but not too heavy, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Just the right size to coil up on my bike rack or in a backpack when not in use, not too heavy to carry, long enough to fix round a fence, and seems strong. Comes with 3 keys. Just what I was looking for.

ARRAY(0xaed07fe4)