5.0 out of 5 stars Fine
I browsed all kinds of options before my Dad recommended this from the shortlist I presented him with. It is flexible (even more so in hot weather) and thus locks well onto lamp posts, railings and even thicker objects which a U-lock wouldn't latch on to. The slot to protect the mechanism from the rain is useful too.
One can only remove one's keys from the lock once...
Published on 29 May 2012 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap bike chain lock
This works OK except that it seized up after getting wet - a major brawback for a bike chain lock. After oiling it, it works again but I had difficulty in getting the key in to unchain my bike - potentially very problematic. I had the same problem with a bike chain lock of three times the price so this one seems to be better value.
Published on 5 April 2010 by sisyphus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
One can only remove one's keys from the lock once the mechanism is closed, something I hadn't come across before. But this is by no means a problem, just a word of advice in case you try and yank your keys out and thus break the lock.
Would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough, 4 Dec. 2010
M. Harrop (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Bought this lock after my old D-lock sized up. Having a flexible lock is a nice change as it fits round so much easier, while its probably not as strong as a solid D-lock it is definitely not flimsy like other flexible locks. It also has a key hole cover which hopefully should stop water getting in and it sizing like my old one.

In summary a very good lock at a decent price, definitely worth paying a bit more for

5.0 out of 5 stars It does a very good job, 15 July 2011
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Not at all disappointed. Its a strong lock and the chain is nicely protected by a rubber guard. Its better than most of the bike lock's i have seen out and about. The three key provided with this lock are a bonus.

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap bike chain lock, 5 April 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Lock feels quite strong, however the lock mechanism casing is made of plastic not metal. Also When not using the lock I would wrap it around the frame of my bike and lock it. The rubber covering was rubbing against the frame of my bike and has began to wear away the paint. Carry the lock in your bag and DO NOT wrap it around the frame. Overall happy with my purchase as no one has stolen my bike.... YET!

4.0 out of 5 stars some initial problems, 2 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
The key kept jamming in the lock and couldn't be removed. This proved very frustrating at first. However I have since "become adjusted" to the lock. It does require some "acclimatisation" as at first it can seem like it is faulty. Since I have become used to it I haven't had any further problems with it hence I have updated the review to four stars instead of 1. I like that it uses a straight key rather than a circular one as on you tube it shows how easy the circular ones can be to break into. It is also of quite a robust build but the initial problems I had caused me to review it unfairly at 1 star [ it didn't seem unfair at the time as the key kept jamming in the lock on and off for the first 3 months of using it ]

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Sept. 2012
ziggy_fan (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
Sturdy, flexible and clever system. I've been using it for 4 weeks and I have been very happy with the security so far. It's long enough to twist and circle into wheel, around frame and aroud bike rack tubes at work or outside shops. The only small gripe is the fact that I find the lock a bit fiddly, the key isn't always easy to push into the lock, but it is a very clever secure mechanism so all in all I'm very happy with the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Raleigh Tough Lock is Tough, 14 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
This is a super, heavy duty bike lock. A decent length with a strong lock

1.0 out of 5 stars my sons new bike still got stolen, 2 Jan. 2013
glenn (northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
looks good felt strong but with one quick snip and my sons new bike was taken i would not recomend this item
if you need a bike look use a stong padlock and solid chain

1.0 out of 5 stars Rather bad, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Tough 200 Armoured Lock 100cm x 18mm (Misc.)
I used it for about 2 weeks. Then it just did not work at all. I mean you cannot open the lock! I tried to lubricate it but it still did not work. Thus I have to abandon it!

So it does not worth the price at all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›