5.0 out of 5 stars Sad so many Episodes were lost
Published on 14 Feb 2009 by J. JOHNSON

1.0 out of 5 stars rag trade ITV
I really enjoyed the BBC series, so looked forward to the ITV series.

I expected a completely new set of scripts and situations, sadly I was disapointed, in most cases they were the same epidodes as in the BBC series but with a couple of different actors and very little alteration in the scripts, but easily reconisable as BBC episodes.

I think that...
Published 23 months ago by RosieInLondon

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad so many Episodes were lost, 14 Feb 2009
J. JOHNSON - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rag Trade - LWT Series 2 [1978] [DVD] (DVD)
As A huge fan of Reg Varney on the first series , I was looking forward to series 2 . It (series 2 ) starred among others Anna Karen who played Reg Varney's sister on the Great "On The Busses " show . It is my understanding that some of these second series shows were lost , or errased . Great TV like this , without all the sex and violence which writers seem to think MUST be written into shows today before they can succeed have taken the place of greats like this one , and it is a shame . Writers and the actors/actresses who played the parts used to rely on Talent and not sex and violence , or off colour jokes to make a show a hit . It is sad that some of these second series shows are no longer available . One thing I am thankful for are all the other Great British shows, a list to long to add here,which are still around and on DVD . No one does comedy or for that matter any TV like the British did TV from the 50s -90s . Some like "Last Of The Summer Wine" and "The Green Green Grass" are still being made , thank goodness .

1.0 out of 5 stars rag trade ITV, 10 May 2012
This review is from: The Rag Trade - LWT Series 2 [1978] [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed the BBC series, so looked forward to the ITV series.

I think that was an insult to the talents of the likes of Anna Karen (brilliant in On-the-Buses).

I really doubt if I will keep the ITV series, another set of DVDs donated to the old folks home.

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's Esma?, 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Rag Trade - LWT Series 2 [1978] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched the BBC series when first broadcast, and possibly watched the ITV one as well, The BBC was by far the best including as it did Reg Varney and the wonderful Esma Cannon. ThE ITV series are a disappointment.

ARRAY(0xb1b8830c)

The Rag Trade - LWT Series 2 [1978] [DVD]
The Rag Trade - LWT Series 2 [1978] [DVD] by Peter Jones (DVD - 2009)
11.60