on 1 February 2011
This is a beautiful soundtrack. If you enjoyed the film and found yourself drawn in by the music then i would reccommend this. I especially liked the music from the scene where Darcy and Elizabeth dance and it is no disappointment on the cd. It is not the most powerful soundtrack i've ever heard but it is still high up on the list. Definitely one for the ipod...go buy it!!
on 26 October 2013
I rated the music as 4 stars because, while I enjoyed listening to it, I found that the style of composition was very much the same in a few of the numbers. However, the first track (Dawn, I think it was) was serene, calming and very delightful. A few of the others had the same peaceful quality. Altogether a fine CD.
on 7 June 2010
Bought this soundtrack as it's perfect to use at my wedding in September as background music in the church prior to the wedding. The tracks transport you back to scenes in the film as you listen to them, with beautiful arrangements of original music written mostly for piano, wonderful for those who love the film.
on 5 January 2013
the music will have meaning. The music is haunting and beautiful in places but I bought it just for what it was..theme music. It is not a symphony or even a concerto. Parts of it make valuable additions to your favourite playlists.
on 12 September 2010
This is superbly serene music, beautifully played, and highly recommended for those quiet romantic times preferably sharing it with a like-minded person. You'll never tire of listening to it - lovely 'mood' music. Absolute bliss!
on 11 May 2014
Purchased this after recently re watching the dvd movie. I find I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it but the music goes very well with the film. Lots of very serene music with a few lively ones in there too.
on 20 April 2012
The music from this film is absolutely beautiful. It captures both a gentle and more sedate side of life as well as a more (at times) frenetic one. I envisage the scenes as the music plays (which I think is a bonus).
on 22 March 2011
I listened to this music watching the film at TV and I liked it immediately. The sound captured me and I checked immediately the CD that now I can listen any time at office while I'm working.
on 24 October 2012
Bought this for my wife and she absolutely loves it. It is played all the time at the moment and i would certainly recommend it to anyone enjoying this type of music.
VINE VOICEon 7 July 2015
The Joe Wright production of Pride and Prejudice is beautifully enhanced by a fabulous score from Dario Marinelli, and here it is in all its glory. Delightful!