5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful
Published on 22 Oct 2005 by yolanda

3.0 out of 5 stars if you see the movie
the music will have meaning. The music is haunting and beautiful in places but I bought it just for what it was..theme music. It is not a symphony or even a concerto. Parts of it make valuable additions to your favourite playlists.
Published 15 months ago by David Pennell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly beautiful, 22 Oct 2005
What a glorious soundtrack. I must have listened to it hundreds of times and its beauty has actually made me weep. Glorious interplay of strings and piano. Some hauntingly sad tracks (17) are counterpointed by upbeat (Arriving at Netherfield 7)and the brisk military march. Highly highly recommended. Listen out for track 15 which is the famous field scene in the movie, and when you hear the piano solo start, picture Lizzie Bennett looking through the mist and seeing the love of her life walking towards her.... magical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 19 April 2006
All I have to say is that this score has surprised me as much as the film itself did. Being a fan of the BBC version and its brilliant score by Simon Langton, I didn't expect much of the new ones, but I have to confess I have liked them both.

The score is incredibly simple, yet beatiful and haunting. It is based on very few motives or themes, but combined with such skill and taste that they adapt wonderfully to the image.

I am sure everyone will love listening to this beautiful music, no matter whether they have seen the film or not-it's brilliant in itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful!, 3 Oct 2005
This is one of the most beautiful and emotional soundtracks I've heard in a long time. Some of the tracks are happy and up-tempo while others are sad and melancholy. Even though I can't say enough in its praise, there is one thing wrong with it, and that is the fact that it is so short...barely 40 minutes. Nevertheless it is breath-taking, and if you are undecided as to whether you should buy it, my answer would be a huge and emphatic YES!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really moving, 2 Oct 2005
Pippa (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
If you love the movie then this is a must have buy.....even if you don't love the movie buy it anyway! It really reflects the emotions that you feel when watching it and is incredibly powerful. I honestly don't think theres a bad track on this CD, but my favourite would have to be "Your hands are cold" because of the gorgeous cello and flute moments. BUY THIS CD!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uniformly Charming., 2 Oct 2005
I am in love with this cd. I'm a devoted big Jane Austen fan and the soundtrack to Emma Thompsons version of Sense and Sensibility has long been a favourite. I'm a sucker for good classical soundtracks. Before I walked out of my (first out of three) viewing of the new Pride and Prejudice film I'd decided to get the soundtrack. Darcy and Elizabeths first dance, and the shot of her on a hillside in Derbyshire, the music behind it had made up my mind for me. The soundtrack does not disappoint. The music is a perfect accompaniment to the story, the Colin Firth adaptation music was just a bit too chirpy for me, this one has the right touch of melancholy and heartbreak. It's mainly led by piano and is a truly beautiful piece of music. I first thought it a bit strange that the music sequence was not in the same order as the story line (Pemberley is track number three) but it does all flow well the way it is. My one tiny criticism is that some tracks sound remarkably like others, but hey, it still gets five stars because I don't mind more of a good thing! If you enjoyed the film I heartily recommend it. Go buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 28 Oct 2009
Lisa (Lower Kingswood, Surrey) - See all my reviews
I loved this CD. What beautiful music lovely to listen to anywhere. If you have a really busy life and just need a few minutes to float away from it all then this is the CD for you. I have transferred my favourite pieces to my ipod and have found this music to be so uplifting. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Tinkly Piano, 25 May 2009
Daisyellow (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Really lovely soundtrack that is listenable on its own as (largely) piano music.

I love Meryton Townhall which has me leaping about in a jiggy, pointy-toed country-dancing way whenever I hear it. I also adore the Postcard to Henry Purcell which is the lovely Lizzy/Darcy "Maggot" dance where the crowd melts away and leaves them alone with each other. Stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pride doesnt take a fall, 29 Sep 2005
There will be inevitable comparison with the equally excellent BBc/Andrew Davies production of Jane Austen's novel in which Carl Davis produces a very good musical score. However Dario Marianelli desrves the utmost credit for a very moving soundtrack. In the sleeve notes he says he wanted to combine the melodic piano with the storyline, he suceeds! Jean Yves Thibaudet is a gifted pianist and having seen the film his playing very much captures the essence of the story. I f you liked Carl Davis' score you will love this.
I bought the CD before I saw the film and I can say that I enjoyed the film more for doing so. On my return from seeing it I played this CD from start to finish and found the melodic themes taking me to the settings of this very good film.
I am a great admirer of Andrew Davies who has produced some very good adaptions of Jane Austen Novels and his 6 hour version was worthy of the praise it got. The film version had to do the same in 2 hours and it suceeds in many ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful beyond words., 29 May 2007
Louise Amkaer (Greenland) - See all my reviews
It isn't often, that a soundtrack truly survives the movie. Usually, it's great as long as the listener can remember the movie, then the soundtrack falls apart. The soundtrack to Pride and Predjudice is the exception.

First of all, the music is a prominent character in the movie - always present to perfection and always accenting the story, the characters, the environment and the atmosphere.

Secondly, this soundtrack is able to stand on its' own feet and be a audible feast to the listener. The music is beautiful beyond words, full of sentiment and feeling. The pianist is remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pride and Prejudice Film Music, 15 May 2012
Mrs P J Tomkinson (Newcastle, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
When I saw the film I was mesmerised by the lovely music. I had been trying to obtain the soundtrack so was thrilled when I saw it on Amazon.
The music is hauntingly beautiful, and when I need some quality relaxation I always listen to it. Fantasic!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›