Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£10.69

on 8 August 2001
This album captures the true essence and importance of great hindi songs from the Indian version of thee tinsel town, Bollywood! The songs are taken from major ground breaking films, taking the world by storm. It has all the well-known, very popular indian songs balanced with the fast to the charm, soulfull sounds. It's an album packet with tracks suited for all kind of emotions. The music produced by varouis well known producers from Bollywod will make you cry & laugh, remind you of events that took place during the release of these particular songs and lastly give you a good feeling within and throughout, which is what true, good quality music should be able to do. I recomend this fantastic new bollywood compilation to all the bollywood fanatics.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 February 2010
My new son-in-law Inam Rehman (India), introduced my family and I to the culture of India through the films of his country. Much of what I've seen is interesting and exciting ~ therefore when "The Best of Bollywood" came my way I jumped at the chance to review it. Of course the first Indian sound film came into being March 14, 1931 "Alam Ara" ~ since then we've seen thousands of films come out of India.

But to me it is the music that really grabs you first ~ films like what is being featured on this album ~ "Janabaaz", "Qurbani", "Tere Mere Sapne", Johny Mera Naam", "Julie"(that's my daughters name), "Gambler", "Dil Tujhko Diya", "Sholay" (biggest film of the lot, sold over 20 million soundtrack albums), "Devdas", "Lajja", "Bombay" and "Chori Chori Chupke Chupke" ~ all in all, films from India do very well in other parts of the world. For example, take a look at "Monsoon Wedding", the comedy drama blended family and domestic problems within the clever direction from director Mira Nair ~ keeping a North Indian Hindu Wedding in full swing ~ very popular in the USA.

Job well done to Hip-O Records, who within the realm of the Entertainment Industry has captured the essence of "Bollywood Films" through their music and traditions. A must have for all "film-score-buffs" and "World Music" fans, this is a must have ~ in plain words a keeper!

Total Time: 77:57 on 15 Tracks ~ Hip-O Records B0000359-2 ~ (5/06/2003)
on 16 March 2012
I must admit I am no specialist but I found this record to be very-very entertaining.
A lot of fun and very pleasant.
on 26 January 2016
Excellent,choice of song choice. Varying,themes make this an ideal listening companion.
on 28 June 2016
Wasn't very impressed with this album
on 19 December 2014
We were very happy with our purchase.
on 2 March 2015
Bollywood songs very nice.
on 14 September 2014