5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album!
Fantastic stuff. I think what makes it so good is that it has some class tracks, and absolutely no stinkers to bring the album down. Powerful sound, brilliant album to have on when your driving!
Published on 31 Oct 2005 by exarch22

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot give this as a present so a waste of money
Bought as a Christmas present for someone, and clearly marked as a gift on the order. The CD case arrived not wrapped in cellophane and was quite obviously scratched. It looks second-hand, even though sold as being new. Cannot give this as a present so a waste of money. Very disappointed.
Published 20 days ago by chris b

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album!, 31 Oct 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Big Country, 29 May 2004
A unique sound from a unique group.The guitar rifts that remind me of bagpipes,yet so much better, reverberate around my brain long after the CD player is turned off.The lyrics are superb, especially on the somewhat disturbing yet brilliant track "Chance". A CD I very much enjoy,perhaps made more poignant by the untimely death of Stuart Adamson. Big Country never achieved the acclaim I think they deserved, but for fans this is indeed a good a good one for your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 9 Jan 2008
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Tracks on this album go back 25 years and I loved them then and I still love them now. I am only sorry that Stuart and the boys never got the critical credit and public acclaim they deserved. One of the few bands to keep guitars in the charts in the 80's they never reached the heights of U2 (I remember seeing Stuart Adamson joining Bono and the band at Hammersmith for an encore in 1982/83 I think) but their stirring music appealed to the celt in all of us. Not a duff track on this album representing as it does the heyday of their glorious noise. Don't forget the later albums either, still a cut above anything else out there at the time and still hold good today.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the early hits on one CD - a must for all BC fans, 18 Nov 2000
This album released in the early nineties covers the heyday of Big Country. All their hits from the first four albums are covered - brilliant for blasting out in the car

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Country Big Sound, 18 April 2007
W. E. Withill - See all my reviews
I always thought they were treated as a bit of a poor relation to Simple Minds and U2 . I thought their sound was completely distinctive and certainly the 'Scottishness' shone through . I lent this album to a Scottish Military colleaugue he liked it so much that he never gave it back ..... bloody Pikey ! Any way I'll buy it again and really enjoy listening again . I am very sorry about Stewart Adamson though a sad end to avery talented man

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Genius, 2 Jan 2008
J. Muir "John Muir" (UK) - See all my reviews
Big Country captured a moment in musical time that'll never be repeated. I'm a big fan of many current bands but this is something else. Buy this along with the rest of the their albums and you'll understand. The lyrics, the guitar riffs and the passion are something to behold. Check out the 'Final Fling' DVD live from Berlin - outstanding! I only wish I was back in the late 80's/early 90's to see these guys live. A unique sound and one of the most under-rated bands of our time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Country, 14 Mar 2011
What a step back in time I'd forgotten how wonderful this band were & how unique their sound was. Fantastic album

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Best Of's ever, 25 Jun 2010
Ian Williams "ianw" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
God, but I love this album with its great rousing anthemic rocking sound. Memorable track after memorable track with its unique bagpipe-ish guitar sound and great solos. Powerful singing, thoughtful lyrics. My vision of Heaven would be a Big Country concert with me in the audience punching my fist in the air which I never actually did. This is just brilliant distinctive stuff which I've loved since I first bought it over a decade ago and can't imagine ever stopping loving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album to summarise a brilliant band, 6 April 2009
Mr. N. Montgomery (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Big Country were a fantastic group who were around for far too short a time and Stuart Adamson's untimely parting was a loss to the music business. This album brings together all their best tracks and demonstrates just what they could do. Sadly missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first and still the best., 22 Mar 2009
A Kid's Review
I have at least 3 of their LP,s in the loft and now after watching a video of Restless Natives the soundtrack made me realised it was time to get something to remind me of what I was missing. An integrated almost unique Scottish sound from their playing long before Runrig and a few others grabbed the attention of us lowland Scots and the rest of the nation at the same time.
Real memories resurface from those times and it will never be the same again with the sad loss of Stuart Adamson . Stick the disc in the car ,turn it up and take a drive through some of the countryside it will shake out the cobwebs for you.