Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 27 February 2011
This is the first album from the caribbean born star. Music of the sun is Rihanna's first album and she is talented! This a fantastic album and so are all her others. Definietly by this album-your colection won't be complete without it!
on 14 July 2009
This is a good album from one of my fav. music artists. Every song has something catchy and good ,so i cannot judge which song is the best. Love the whole album and i am pleasently surprised,because i though that i would not like her first album,but i love it.
on 25 October 2008
Like i said in my review this is a great debut album from rihanna,right let's get into the tracklisting:
Pon de replay-10/10 This track never gets old it is like ne-yo's so sick,i still listen to it in 2008 and never get bored of it.
Here i go again feat j-status-10/10 A great summer tune
If it's loving that you want-10/10 This was my favourite track off the album before it got released as a single,but i still like this song
You don't love me(no,no,no)feat vybz kartel-10/10 A great breakup tune featuring rihanna's amazing vocals
That la,la,la-10/10 I didn't like this song at first,because i couldn't understand what she was saying,but i looked up the lyrics and now i love it, a good pop/rock song
The last time-10/10 Another great song,again good vocals from rihanna
Willing to wait-10/10 A lovely slow jam from rihanna,superb vocals at the bridge of the song from rihanna
Music of the sun-10/10 A great summer dance song
Let me-10/10 A brillant uptempo song,one of my favourites this song just gets stuck in your head
Rush feat kardinal offishall-10/10 Another brillant uptempo song, another favourite song of mine
There's a thug in my love-10/10 I just love this song, yet another favourite of mine
Now i know-10/10 At first i didn't like this song, but now i love it, a great ballad with great vocals from rihanna
Pon de replay feat elephant man-10/10 This song is even better with elephant man
Should I feat j-status-10/10 Another great uptempo song another of my favourites off the album
If you haven't got this album where have you been, you need 2 get it now,if you like her other albums then you will like this album.
Look out for my reviews on her second and third album
on 28 February 2012
She is so talented! I thoroughly enjoyed this CD. This cd contains a lot of beautiful songs. My favorite track is Pon De Replay!

Pon De Replay - 10/10 - A great dance track!
Here I Go Again - 10/10- Her voice is really good in this song.
If it's Loving That You Want - 10/10 - Really fun song.
You Don't Love Me - 7/10 - Ok.
That La La La - 9/10 - Crazy Beat.
The Last Time - 8/10 - Very good song.
Willing To Wait - 8/10 - Very nice song.
music Of The Sun - 10/10 - Wonderful!
Let Me - 9/10 - Dance Song!
Rush - 8/10 - Ok!
Theres A Thug In My Life - 6/10 -
Now I know - 10/10 - Beautiful.
Pon de Replay ft. "Elaphant Man" - 9/10 - Ok!
Should I - 9/10 - Very Good!

Top tracks:

1. Pon de Replay
2. Music of the Sun
3. Let Me
4. Rush
5. The Last Time
on 5 December 2005
What I like about this album is that it doesn't sound like every other modern day RnB album. It mixes hop-hop, Rnb, Reggae and pop together to make a brilliant album.
Top tracks:
1. Pon de Replay
2. Music of the Sun
3. Let Me
4. Rush
5. The Last Time
on 9 September 2005
Rihanna was only 16 when she recorded her debut album 'music of the sun'. The album overall, is a very good album. Rihanna's smooth vocals blend well with the tracks, and she doesnt try to over sing, she knows her vocal range which is a good thing. The music isn't something you hear everyday either. The album contains a mix of R&B, Hip hop, reggae and calypso, which gives it a very summery vibe. You can just imagine lying on a beach under the sun listening to this on your iPod! This album will make you want to dance, even the slow songs could work in a club ( the last time and music of the sun) while the majority of the tracks will instantly light up the dancefloor, no matter where you are (Pon de replay and here I go again) Perhaps the only reason I didnt give this album 5 stars is the fact that the album may not suit the weather we are having. This may sound stupid, but this is the kind of album you listen to in the summer, not freezing in the winter! However the album is still of a great quality, and Rihanna is capable of shining on club tracks and slow songs, which proves she is a versatile artist. If she carries on making albums like this, she is sure to have bright career ahead of her.
Matty's top 5
1. If it's lovin that you want
2. The last time
3. Pon de replay
4. Music of the sun
5. Here I go again
on 21 June 2013
I bought this cd as i have all the other rihanna cds so i thought i would get it as i love the albums she done. I was not let down at all i had to listen to it a couple of times but i now love it like i love her other albums.
Would recommend this to any rihanna fan.
on 15 September 2005
When I heard pon de replay I thought what a tune but when I saw the video I thought what a girl. I decided to buy the album and was it a good choice to make. The album is full of different tracks, some to dance to and some to chill to but all are very good. With a mix of rnb, reggae and dance this album will put a smile on your face
Do not hesitate this is a must buy.
Top 5 tracks from the album
5. Rush
4. That la la la
3. The last time
2. Pon de replay
1. If its lovin that you want
on 29 August 2013
I love this cd I am a massive fan if Rihanna I love her music she's the best artist going I wish I could meet her one day and give her a massive hug
on 21 August 2015
i love this album I constantly have it on replay. They are all my favourites, especially Here I Go Again, and You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)