5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album and their first so a good place to start, 29 Oct 2014
Dud (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is for the remastered plus extra tracks version.
This was one of the first CDs I bought as the owner of a new CD player. I have no idea why I bought it, it must have been a recommendation from someone or I heard a track on the radio. Previously a Beatles/Genesis/Pink Floyd listener so this wasn't in the mould at all.
Probably one of the best CDs I own. I played it to death to anyone who would listen and it would be fair to say most of them were incredibly impressed. The two stand out tracks for me are Before you go and Telegraph Poles which have outstanding lyrics but hi fi defining instruments. It's the first Frames album and shows Glen Hansard as part of a band rather than the soloist he is today.
The remastered version contains some interesting alternative version and live recordings of tracks on the original CD and an interesting Marc Bolan cover. I purchased the remastered version as my original CD was in poor condition and the case was broken for carting it around in and out of the car so much.
If you're new to the Frames this is the place to start, then follow up with Set List, the live album to hear what a powerhouse band they are in person. I have managed to see them once in London - go if you ever get the chance (unlikely now that he has his music Oscar but hey.....)

4.0 out of 5 stars DH Wiltshire, 23 July 2012
D. Harding - See all my reviews
If, like me, you have all the later Frames albums, then this is a must-buy to complete matters - it's truly good

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional album, 5 Mar 2013
A breath of fresh air album.
Real music for music lovers
Love it love it love it. Quality and class

Another Love Song