My children absolutely love these and it keeps them busy and creative in the garden as they draw on the paving slabs or on the fence.

These crayons are basically oversized chalk but instead of being powdery and brittle they feel more solid. The colours are incredibly bright - particularly the yellow and pink which look neon in the bright sunlight! Some of them have snapped but instead of splintering into pieces they broke quite cleanly and given that they are so large, the children happily play with two smaller chalks now.

They are a lot longer lasting than I expected. After creating lots of outdoor art in the garden they haven't worn as much as I assumed they would and there are many hours of play left in these. The chalk art is easily tidied up too, a quick blast with a hose (or even a jug of water) seems to dissolve the chalky deposit and if we have any rain then that would easily wash my kid's 'canvas' clean, ready for another artistic make-over once it's dry.

My girls quickly learnt that by rubbing their fingers on patches of colour, they could then apply it to their arms (or face!). However a quick trip to the sink had them spotless when they'd finished - again, a quick wipe over with a wet flannel was all it took to get it off, it washes out of clothes with no issues too.

In a nutshell: One of the best toys we've had for the kids. When it's nice weather they soon get bored of their climbing frame and swing - but they never get bored of drawing and scribbling. This turns a patio or garden fence into a massive canvas for the kids to enjoy. Plus - being so easy to clean makes them a favourite for us parents too! For the money these represent great value as there is a lot of playtime to be had from these, when they eventually wear down to nothing I'll definitely be getting some more.
on 19 June 2011
These chalks are great value for money and the kids have had hours of fun with these chalks. They really do wash away with the rain but however be careful not to let your little ones draw on wood because they do stain wood even after a good hose down. Saying that these chalks are by far great value for money, would recommend to everyone =)
on 15 July 2013
I used these with a small mixed age group of children. The reaction was varied depending on their artistic interest - the boys wanted to go and play football!
It was very useful that the crayons could be rubbed out with a damp cloth.
I gave the product 4 stars as with no covers the crayons did come off over the chlldren's hands but as they are washable this did not create a big problem.
on 11 June 2013
I bought this for my two and five year old daughter and son. With the great weather we've finally been having they been out playing in the garden and drawing on the paving. The crayons are well made and quite sturdy. The drawings wash away as soon as it rains leaving a blank canvas for the next time they're outside. Holds their attention for quite a while.
on 8 August 2013
Colours did not wash off as well as expected. We had a new natural stone patio laid and still have bright pink blotches dotted around. I am sure they will fade in time, but just be aware that the bright pink is not so easily removed. However the children had great fun making rainbows etc!
on 14 August 2013
My Grandson loves these as used in garden and washes off after rain.Have now had 3 orders from this supplier - good packaging prompt delivery and crayons good to hold . They do break if pressure put on them but not easily, which is a big plus. I am sure I will be ordering more in the future
on 6 June 2013
These outdoor crayons are a present for my great neice and I'm sure they will be excellent and she will love them. My only complaint is that they are not in the container advertised on the website,(quite naughty!)
on 29 January 2013
My daughter has enjoyed making drawings at the park with the chalks. They have been great as we have only been able to use them on the wet ground so far but they still work and make beautiful bright pictures.
on 18 April 2013
Just what they say. They wash off. Are a good size for small hands to hold. I got them for a toddler group and they were quite taken by the colours that are strong on paper too.
on 8 July 2013
Our cul de sac has been transformed by my 5 year old and all the neighbouring children. Been keeping them very busy with their artistic endeavours! Washes easily by the rain.