Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 November 2010
I'm mainly writing this review to balance the three star review that precedes this one. To me this is a superb album from a very talented lady. I can highly recommend it.
on 8 February 2009
Rockwell is the debut album for 23 year old Anni Rossi. As a classically trained violist since 3, she uses her viola throughout, along with simple percussive drum beats to accentuate. This is no classical album however. Think Joni Mitchell, Bic Runga mixed perhaps with the vocal inflections of Bjork.

Rossi performs a beautiful rendition of Ace of Bases Living in Danger that bears no resemblance, thankfully, to the original. My favourite track has to be the completely random Ecology. Initially sounding like Crystal Waters Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless), Anni then launches into gentle viola plucking whilst describing the manoeuvres of a swimming caterpillar! Awesome!