Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 2 April 2009
I like ROBERTS products. They are always well built and thought out. This Ipod dock alarm clock is well built and sounds good for a bedside unit, but I just can not fathom out why the designer would overlock one small yet annoying factor. I am one of those people who use's an alarm every day, just in case I dont wake, but I always seem to wake just before it goes off, so I turn the alarm off not to wake my partner; but with this product you have to first turn the unit back on, out of sleep mode, to set the alarm back to off, but this also turns the radio on as well, waking my partner. I have looked for another way to do this, but there isnt one, so you have to try to turn the radio volume down quickly before you set the alarm to off. Very annoying.
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2009
Firstly, This is a lovely looking product. Very well made and a professional feel, high quality audio and IPOD playback. Remote control is great. However - the previous comments about the backlight display are true. The (three) settings are such that the display is either too dim (unreadable at night for me unless the clock really is right next to you) or is so bright that it does light up the room casting shadows! The problem is in the design, in that the whole display is lit by a strong backlight rather than an emphasis on the digits - that makes it difficult to pick out the time and day.
on 25 February 2010
I have been very impressed with this product. I considered many other products before opting for this one. The sound is great, very easy to use with an excellent handbook, and looks quite stylish.
The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the radio alarm ascends very quickly in volume to a heart attack inducing 19 (very loud - you most certainly don't need to worry about sleeping through it). After checking the handbook I rang the Roberts helpline to be greeted by a girl, that clearly sounded as if she needed a career change, who advised me in monosylabic tones that this feature couldn't be adjusted (all that was missing was the sound of gum being chewed); I did advise that they should consider changing this only to be greeted by absolute silence.
The only other minor negative was a style issue, namely that I would have preferred the unit to be available with black detailing on the top.
Otherwise a great product that I would recommend to anyone without a heart condition.
on 15 January 2012
We bought this for our 7 year old son to have a docking station for his iPod. It certainly serves that purpose.
The remote control is quite good and he enjoys using that rather than the buttons on the system - and that's because the buttons on the top seem quite fiddly.
It is not that easy to switch the unit on as the button is on top and not really raised. So when you are in the dark it's hard to find. It would have been better to have the on/off switch on the side or on the front - somewhere that is easily accessible and cannot be confused with other buttons.
Also, when I set the alarm on the iPod and then dock it - nothing happens. The fact that it is docked - and set to iPod on the system - seems to negate the alarm completely. Which means the alarm has to be set on the system rather than the iPod. I think that's a bit strange.
Otherwise, it plays good quality sound for a bedroom of a young boy. And as this is his first foray into owning such a device, he is very happy with it.
on 30 October 2009
I had read mixed reviews about this Radio, but decided to go ahead and buy it anyway. Glad I did. The sound quality is really very good. My only nitpick would be the earphone point is at the back rather than the front where it would have been more accesible.
on 3 April 2010
Positives
Sound quality is excellent.
Sensitivity of DAB tuner is good. We live in a poor DAB area and it receives everything without problem.
IPOD dock does exactly what it says.
Setup is easy.

Negatives
The display is either too bright (on middle of 3 settings) or too dim (lowest setting).
We find it difficult to sleep with it shining so brightly.
On the dim setting, from a distance, first thing in the morning with bleary eyes, it is difficult to read.
on 14 December 2009
I bought IDream for my wife and she is very pleased with it. It`s smaller than expected ( great for bedside table) and really simple to set up.
Radio reception can sound a bit watery but believe this is down to poor coverage in the Worcester area rather than the IDream. We love the IPOD dock and now enjoy both nodding off and waking up to mellow tunes of our choice!
We were concerned that the lack of power output would be an issue but have to say that the volume is fine for the bedroom, as is the sound quality.
We did have an issue with the remote control but Roberts provided excellent service sending us an FOC replacement on next day delivery.
Overall I`d recommend the IDream and believe it`s good value for money.
on 30 December 2009
First of all I have to say that this item and the delivery speed have really impressed me so far.

The build quality of the unit and remote control are very good and far superior to cheaper 'plasticy' units. The sound quality is good for bedside listening and suits this job well - You aren't ever going to buy this to play loud at a party are you!?

The 3 levels of dim levels on the display are fine. It plays the IPOD fine too (I have 2nd Gen IPOD Touch).

So far so good then - so why not a 5 star review?....

Well for me it was hassle tuning it in (unlike some other reviews on here). It tuned itself in straight out the box no worries, set its own date and time in seconds, great start.....BUT I have a DAB radio downstairs and knew that I should have recieved more stations than it found. It couldn't even find BBC radio stations (Unlike my other DAB radio had). I then had the hassle of finding the frequencies of the missing stations and going to manual tune mode. It now works fine and I can listen to all the stations I want with no hassle and in great sound quality, but it was far more hassle than it should have been compared to my other DAB set.

A warning to DAB owners - check which stations you should be able to recieve in your area and compare them to the stations you actually recieve. If there is a difference, just find the frequencies of the missing stations online and do a manual tune - Don't put up with 5 or six stations!

So now it is tuned in, everything is great and I am very pleased with my purchase. Highly recommended
on 17 January 2010
I was looking for a DAB radio with an Ipod dock for my kitchen, this fits the bill exactly. Simple to use and sound quality is fairly good for a small unit with little speakers. The only quibble is the fact it doesn't come with an universal Ipod adaptor.
on 4 September 2011
The product is excellent for the price paid, the tone, the easiness of use, only one thing spoils it for my partner and myself is, we cannot see the clock, our last clock radio had a dark background with green digital figures, this one has a blue background with white digital figures, the same size figures as our previous one, and neither of us can read it, it is probably an age thing as certain magazines we suffer when the type is not black on white, maybe it is something the manufacturer could consider in the future.