Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

VINE VOICEon 6 September 2003
Never thought my car would go so fast. If you have a CD player in your car take it out before buying this. It's just hard rock at it's magnificent best. Sehnsucht gets you rolling and by the time Du Hast kicks in you've lost your licence. Who cares if it's German this has to be the best album since Led Zeppelin IV.
Nothing too fancy, just driving hard rock with no pretensions for ballards, only, tight all round production. BUY IT NOW.
on 5 October 2001
....make it this one. More refined than Herzeleid, but more raw, sheer power than Mutter. It features some of Rammstein's best songs, including the superb Bestrafe Mich, the classic Du Hast, the emotionally powerful and dramatic Klavier and the infamous Buck Dich. Every song on this album is a masterpiece in its own right, whether it be with riffs that could scare the hell out of any Metallica or Slayer fan, lyrics that make Marilyn Manson sound like The Smurfs, dramatic wagnerian vocals or just a great sound! The one down side is that the keyboards verge on cheesy sometimes (Eifersucht)....
on 10 February 2005
Well, what can I say?! I waited a while to get this album and finally got it this Christmas. It was every bit as fantastic as I'd hoped. Rammstein never cease to amaze me - I absolutely adore them! This album is more industrial sounding that the others (or so I thought), but every bit as pleasing. Songs I would recommend on this album are "Du Hast", "Sehnsucht" and... well, all of them :)
on 4 June 2000
Being a typical Brit, and having not been subjected to much rock in my lifetime (due to national preference of trance/techno/pop), in my relative ignorance I would say that this (admittedly old) album of Rammstein's is one of the best heavy rock albums I have ever come across. German is definitely the right language for this sort of music - aggressive and harsh! There were no songs that I skipped through...I love them all, particularly "Du Hast", "Sehnsucht" and "Bestrafe Mich". The only criticism I would have is that a couple of songs were a bit thin, and required an extra layer of instrumentalisation (a continuous train of bass and vocalist can cause a lot of songs to "merge" into each other and sound very similar). But nevertheless, Rammstein have done an extremely good job, and the lyrics are amazing - very well thought out and some really deep! BUY IT!
While lacking the lush symphonic dynamism of Rammstein's mature work on 'Mutter' and 'Reise, Reise', this their second studio album offers some more traditional metal-derived pleasures, particularly on Sehnsucht and Du Hast. The synths can sound a little thin in places compared to the Wagnerian strings and massed choirs of their later work, but this is still pretty strong stuff.
Not their best work, but better than just about everyone else around, few can match Rammstein for apocalyptic beauty.
on 29 May 2002
Having bought this five years too late, I'm astounded by the brilliance of this album.While the guitar playing is fairly basic the song dynamics and trancey keyboards make this a unique dance/metal/thrash hybrid.Like Noir Desir in France they sing in their own toungue and are bristling with raw vision and passon. "Du Hast" is a dark brooding metal track while "Engel" is a sinister mix of angelic female voices and male angst. "Sehnsucht" is far better than their follow up LP "Mutter" and is one of the finest albums of the Nineties, easily the best German language album too!.
on 25 June 2015
I'm a middle aged music lover hooked on Rammstein. Very very addictive. You see these blokes my age 50+ reliving there golden years of their youth, wrapping their guts in The Ramones, or The Clash, or ACDC. RAMMSTEIN aren't new but the sound is 21st century and thrilling enough for me to rebel all over again. ICH WILL
on 5 February 2007
Rammsteins second album,'sehnsuct' meaning longing is a natural follow up to their debut,its more polished,more immediate and a very solid piece of work.

Opening up with the title track,the album has a euro pop feel to it but thats in the background to the metal that rammstein feel,the keyboards and synths are never in greater use than on this album and it works,tills vocals have also improved from the debut and even though his vocals are as commanding as ever he can still sing when needed,ie on the classy 'klavier'.The album is packed with classics such as 'tier','du hast' which is defintely an anthem,and 'alter mann' to name just a few.The use of female vocals are also a factor why this is a great album,the one downside is found on the last track 'kuss mich' which is pretty average when you consider all that came before but this is still an essential album.
on 9 February 2014
I got this album after hearing that it surpasses even Herzeleid, which I loved, and my God was I impressed. This album contains some of my favourite Rammstein songs like Klavier & Alter Mann. Rammstein's first two albums Herzeleid and Sehnsucht have more of a Pop feel to them which to be honest I like. I love the songs that have the nifty beats in them like Eifersucht. This has to be my favourite album from Rammstein. Highly recommended!
on 20 August 2004
....because he didn't like it!! A friend he may be - but I have to question his taste!
It would have to be a big price offered before I sell it. I'm not an afficionado of Rammstein's music but I can feel some more purchases coming on.
A good buy for all wot like German metal.