5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliance!
If you are a Phil collins fan then you will know just how brilliant this album really is!
I personally listen to it all the time. every track is as good as the last.
If you haven't already bought it, get it now and savour the excellent writing and singing talent of the master.
Published on 17 Mar 2004 by Mr. S. E. RENDLE

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
NOT AS GOOD AS HIS USUAL C D'S
Published 2 months ago by Mrs. Z. S. Tandy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliance!, 17 Mar 2004
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (Audio CD)
I personally listen to it all the time. every track is as good as the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten classic?, 27 Oct 2009
C. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (MP3 Download)
This album tends to be overlooked...probably even by Phil Collins fans and it was also, commercially his least successful album of the '80s, reaching only no. 2 in the UK, when all the others made the top spot.

However, it is probably my second favourite album of his after Both Sides (by far his most under-rated album by the way) as it contains a great mix of different genres. There are really dark and atmosperic songs such as 'I Don't Care Anymore', 'Do You Know, Do You Care?' and under-rated single 'Thru These Walls' (about a pervert in a hotel), lighter stuff such as - 'Like China' and a great cover of the Supremes' 'You Can't Hurry Love' (the only hit single on the album and I think PC's version is without doubt superior to the original), plus the touching closer 'Why Can't it Wait Til Morning', a sentence many of us have said at some point.

Other points in its favour is the nice big trademark PC drum sound that is evident throughout this album, REAL drums are always used and there is no drum machine used at all! So buy or download this album now, you won't regret it, there's solid music throughout. Another way of putting it is that PC has certainly made far worse...Dance Into the Light (album) anyone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great lost Genesis record, 22 Jan 2002
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (Audio CD)
This is by far and away the most exciting Phil Collins solo LP. After a tentative start with Face Value, Collins found his feet and his inner confidence and fired off in all sorts of interesting directions. The song writing is much tighter, the lyrics astonishing (providing you aren't on the receiving end of some of them - ouch) and most of all the drum sound is one of the biggest ever committed to vinyl / CD. This LP counts as one of the great lost Genesis LPs in the same way that Steve hackett's 'Voyage of the Acolyte' did in 1975.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let your ears decide, 8 May 2005
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (Audio CD)
You don't have to be a fan of Phil Collins to appreciate this album. Your ears will tell you that it is very far away from the saccharine housewives' choice wallpaper formula of 'Another Day in Paradise' and its partners in crime. It is a very enjoyable listen and the brass section really is razor sharp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paulski, 16 July 2009
P. Aldam "Spike" (Harrogate, England) - See all my reviews
Its probably his best album and there isn't a bad track on it. Plenty of drums, plenty of brass and some great lyrics. Some of the tracks have quite long intros that focus on the drumming and almost feel like two songs in one. If you like Genesis then you will probably like this album although it is distinctly Phil Collins. I loved it when it came out and I'm glad I bought it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going! (Audio CD)
Having embarked on a memory lane trip of Phil Collins material I worked my way through his albums, only for this one to somehow slip under the radar. Once discovered I have found that this is probably the best of the bunch (personal taste), even though I recall as a youngster I preferred No Jacket Required, this actually is one better. The lively music and Phil's unique vocals lift you up and force you to bounce out of the seat and bop along.
This is a fantastic album and will have you listening on loop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello , I must be going By Phil Collins, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going! (Audio CD)
I purchased this Cd to replace my old tape cassette, It one of his best solo albums that he has produced of his solo work.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you think Phil Collins is middle of the road..., 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going! (Audio CD)
I've not heard this in years, then the other day got the drums from the opening track into my head and couldn't shake them so I thought I'd have a listen. It's aged very well with most (though not all) the sings sounding fresh. 'I don't care any more' and 'Don't let him steal your heart away' are classics. But what struck me most was how DARK this album is. I can't imagine a mainstream artist being allowed to release something so full of rage these days. To that extent, it's worth listening to almost as a museum piece about how the music business has changed. Falling that, listen to it for some damn good songs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 19 Mar 2007
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (Audio CD)
If you want a good introduction to Phil Collins, this album is probably not for you. I would recommend either No Jacket Required or But Seriously. This doesn't mean that this album is bad, (it's quite the opposite) it just doesn't have very many of his hits on it.

It is however an enjoyable album to listen to and one that I'd recommend to all Phil Collins and Collin's Era Genesis fans. This album is a massive improvement over it's predecessor, being far more upbeat and more catchy to the ear. One song that sticks out in my mind is "It Don't Matter To Me," because of how the chorus grabs my attention, though I'd admit that as far as songwriting goes, it isn't Phil's best.

Overall a very good album to listen to. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 11 Sep 2007
This review is from: Hello, I Must Be Going (Audio CD)
The tone of this album varies enormously, with some of the songs sounding quite dark, for example 'Do You Know, Do You Care?', whilst other songs are much more light-hearted, in particular the cover of 'You Can't Hurry Love'. The brass arrangements in some of the songs add an interesting element, and overall I think this album is very listenable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›