4.0 out of 5 stars We can't all swan round like we're David Essex......., 21 July 2007
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
An enjoyable bugdget priced CD of David Essex tracks, some memorable nostalgia at a decent price.
Worth it just for "Oh What A Circus","Winter's Tale", "Hot Love" (no it's not a T.Rex cover) & "Me & My Girl (Nightclubbing)".
You can try to knock David Essex but to be fair the bloke has produced some enjoyable pop songs over the years - I'm not a massive fan but just fancied a bit of Dave in my CD collection & this does the job just fine.
As Steve Coogan's character Paul Calf said, "we can't all swan round like we're David Essex" - but you can enjoy some pretty good quality pop performances on this CD (plus one or two dodgy songs from musicals too)
- there's also a cracking "Best Of" Dave collection availbale on Amazon for next to nothing, which concentrates on the 70s part of his career - the two compliment each other, like cheese & wine !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant CD from a wonderful man, 25 Sept. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
I am a very big fan of David Essex, although saying that, there have in the past been a few tracks that I have not really enjoyed as much as so many others, this CD though is great, all the tracks are well worth a listen to. I am sure that music lovers everywhere would enjoy this CD whatever their choice in music. Another very good purchase I have made.

4.0 out of 5 stars David Essex, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
Nice photo of David on the cover. Includes the original version of the hit single "Oh What A Circus". However, it is NOT a complete Collection. Mysteriously, several of his biggest hits are missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars David Essex Collection, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
I brought this collection mainly for a couple of songs, Oh What a Circus, A Winter's Tale and Silver Dream Machine, as they were the only songs I'd heard from this collection. I am so glad that I did buy it, because there are some wonderful songs on here that I would not otherwise not have got to hear. David Essex is in fine voice, with his raspy voice.
I just love it.