4.0 out of 5 stars A Mike and the mechanics must buy.
The living years is in my humble opinion, Mike and the mechanics best album so far. Paul Young and Paul Carrack have great voices, combined with fine mellow pop tunes to create a great old style singable pop album.
Published on 21 Aug. 2001 by Mr. Stephen Lee

I bought the Deluxe Version to obtain the live tracks on the second CD and as a long time fan of Mike and the Mechanics I was really looking forward to hearing them. However, the quality of the recording is a bit of a disappointment. I'm not sure what they recorded the tracks with, but some of it sounds bit like a cassette...

It's a real shame because I...
Published 14 months ago by Percy Bowler

4.0 out of 5 stars A Mike and the mechanics must buy., 21 Aug. 2001
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
The living years is a classic track, proved by its popularity upon release as a single. It's a ballad about the cold relationship between a father and son (or daughter?). Worth buying the album for this alone.
Nobody's perfect is another hit, used in adverts in that era, Guinness I think. A darker pop track thats instantly memorable.
The other tracks hold up just as well, telling different stories, and proving that pop doesn't just have to be about love. It can actually be intelligent.
A fine effort for a Mike Rutherford side project and a great display for the talents of Paul Carrack and Paul Young (the less famous Paul Young). I'd say buy it now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great album, but slightly disappointing sound on live tracks., 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)

It's a real shame because I remember seeing them live on the same tour as the recording, and they were amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 31 Jan. 2015
john hughes (Muro de Alcoy, Alicante, ES) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
I found this CD a little boring on the whole, I loved the single 'In the Living Years' but apart from that it left me a bit cold, I love a lot of what Genesis have done in the past, and this is similar work to the later Genesis work but in my opinion not as good, The first one of these I ordered got lost in the post, I almost wish I had not re ordered it, There is nothing wrong with the musicians, production but as I said it left me Cold, I am also a big fan of Paul Carrick but even his great voice could not save this, it is also a pity that the deluxe version of this earlier release only contain live tracks many of which are the same tracks as the studio album, pity but this one will be put up for sale as soon as I can, sorry Mike + The Mechanics fans, I am sure you will disagree!

5.0 out of 5 stars living years, 7 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
bought this CD for myself i love the song in the living years it reminds me a lot of my dad "Brilliant"

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER CLASSIC..!!, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
THE LIVING YEARS ALONE IS WORTH THE COST OF THIS WONDERFUL "C.D".THE LYRICS ARE SO TRUE ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FATHER,I AM VERY SAD TO SAY ..!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Briiliant, 21 Mar. 2014
Helena Gray "fun lady" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
I love this whole of this compilation but the title track has a good message for us all - don't harbour long grudges with family and talk to each other regularly - you never know when it will be too late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living years, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
Bought this. DVD after my daughter was listening to living years on the car radio. Words of song living years very appropriate as my husband died a few weeks ago and there were a few family issues

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic........, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
Had this on tape for years and always meant to replace on CD now got nothing to play tapes on! It's no great work but brings back lots of memories (especially Living Years track)

5.0 out of 5 stars Liveing Years, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
A great all time record. Sent in record time, I have play it several times and it still souns great. In fact I will have it played at my funeral service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living Years., 8 Sept. 2014
brendan s (Co. Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Years (Audio CD)
Like Cats in the Cradle every parent should listen to the lyrics of The Living Years while their child is young. Before it's too late.

Living Years