5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut By Country's Biggest Newcomer!!!
Taylor Swift is having huge sucess in country right now with this debut no.1 album which has gone x3 Platinum-and it's easy to see why.She's a very talented girl,having co-wrote all the songs and she plays acoustic guitar.
Published on 17 Jun. 2008 by IrishCountryGal

3.0 out of 5 stars One to watch out for
Taylor Swift is enjoying relative success in the States at the moment, & I had a listen to some of her songs to see what all of the fuss was about, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Although country is a genre I have had little exposure to in the past, I immediately found myself singing along to her songs (namely Our Song) & noting that considering her...
Published on 23 July 2007 by Roxy le foxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut By Country's Biggest Newcomer!!!, 17 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
It includes her big hits Tim McGraw(love that fiddle solo)Teardrops On My Guitar,Our Song,Picture To Burn and You Should've Said No(her great kiss off song) which are all fantastic songs.There's also the lovely Stay Beautiful and the smart Tied Together With A Smile(about self worth)
She's very mature for her age(18) but she still writes songs that teens will relate to.You will also enjoy this album even if you aren't a teenager.
It's perfectly produced Pop/Country at its best.Taylor's going to go a long way in country music.You can't go wrong with this cd...

5.0 out of 5 stars Yee hah!, 16 Jan. 2014
The Old Dead Pig (northwest england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
Discovered Taylor Swift in summer 2013 when I decided to give "Red" a listen on Spotify while very drunk. I should confirm that I am a straight man aged 47, whose tastes more usually run to indie and breakbeat; however I am now a confirmed Swifty! This is the least good of her 4 full studio albums (all of which I bought within a couple of days of first listening to "Red" but I think she was only about 16 when she released it, and it's still worth 5 stars, just. If you're new to the world of Swift, get Red or Speak Now first and if it hits you like it hit me, you'll buy this and Fearless (and much else besides)...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
I love Taylor Swift and this has her earlier tracks on and they are brilliant. 'Stay Beautiful' is my favourite - it has a really nice message. I love 'Our Song' too. In fact they all make me sing along.
Taylor Swift fans need to have this in their collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars A star in the making, 12 Mar. 2007
IWFIcon - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
I listened to it and was blown away, and that was before I found out she was a mere 16 years of age when she "cut" this record. Precocious is not the word really is it!

Of course it could all be a case of "so far, so Nashville dream" but from the opening track Tim McGraw this proves to be something quite above the factory-line output that exists in Nashville in the 21st Century. Of course the lyrical trick is nothing new, least of all in Country music, but Swift manages to make it sound fresh and original.

That said there are occasions when a little too much producer sheen is added to some of the tracks, but the fact that you notice this actually proves that she's not really in need of it.

Equally adept on the slow stuff (Cold As You, Stay Beautiful) as she is on the more uptempo songs (Picture To Burn, The Outside) there is hardly a dull moment to digest. And even the songs that don't quite work aren't dreadful by any means, with the only one real disappointing moment being the rather plodding Tied Together With A Smile, which is perhaps the one track which could have done with some "producer" touches to liven it up.

By the time the album closes, however, with Our Song the overall feeling is one of stunned excitement. It's not a perfect album by any means but if she's this good at 16, just how good is she going to be with a little more time behind her? Country music may have found itself a new superstar in the making.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great listen!!, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
This was the last Taylor Swift album I bought, after being impressed by Red, Speak Now and Fearless, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much from her debut. Never have I been so wrong!!

This album is much more country-fied than her follow up albums, but every song is catchy, well put together, and sung beautifully!! The opening three tracks of Tim McGraw, Picture to Burn and Teardrops on My Guitar really set the tone for a great album, with every song leaving you craving for more!! Our Song is a lovely upbeat song, and I haven't got it out of my head for weeks!! Stay Beautiful is also brilliant, with a great melody that you can't help but tap your foot to!!

Overall, I can't recommend this album enough!! If you prefer Red to Fearless, you might be slightly disappointed, as Taylor's come a long way in style since her debut, but if, like me, you love everything's she's done, you can't help but fall in love with every strum of her guitar on this album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit special, 26 Feb. 2010
Mr. G. K. Swettenham "guy-s" (stranraer scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
Well, if you are expecting another album from the interminable stream of pop-tarts that go na na - na na na and rely on bum wiggling to sell their music this album is not for you.
Taylor Swift is a seriously talented young lady. If you listen to this album, the first time you hear it you will think 'yes that was ok' but by the fifth time you will be addicted. Mind you you need to listen to the lyrics, they all tell true stories.
(And no, this is not purely for teen girls, i am 52 and male.)
As an aside if you have a contact in the states have them go to Wallmart and get a copy of 'Crossroads - Taylor Swift and Def Leppard' for an absolutely amazing live performance together with a set of interviews that explain much about her songs - hearing her sing 'When Love and Hate Collide' makes you stop and think - who wrote this? Taylor Swift or Def Leppard? (Amazon.com will not ship it to the UK)
(My copy played straight off on my nominally region 2 DVD player)

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Perfect!, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
I live in Hungary, and I don't listen to country music, (except for "Country Strong" soundtrack with Gwyneth Paltrow), but: I have seen Taylor on TV in 2013, and I bought her Red album (Deluxe Edition). Next came the Speak Now World Tour Live DVD and she enchanted me!

Taylor's debut album is flawless the first to the last track. Wonderful songs, talented presentation from the young beauty who shows unexpected intelligence in the lyrics and conveys sincere emotions. Every songs great: The hits like Picture to Burn, Should've Said No, and the formidable Our Song! My personal favourites in this album: Cold As You - I adore Taylor's romantic ballads - and the Teardrops On My Guitar (Pop Version). Sweet but frantic good country music for everyone who opens his heart!

Finally the most important message: Taylor is true!! Listen Now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Feb. 2014
Really good here's a sneak peak of Tim McGraw. For y'all
1: Tim McGraw. = He said the way my blue eyes shined put those Georgia stars to shame at night i said that's a lie just a boy in a Chevy truck that had a tendency of getting stuck on back roads at night and i was right there beside him all summer long and then the time we woke up to find that summer gone, but
Chorus
When you think Tim McGraw....

Theys a sneak peak try learn that bit then Yav'e got less to learn. BUT the Cd's fantastic first album for Swiftie's. 3 songs also on Fearless.
Look out for her over 3 Albums Fearless, Speak Now and Red x
Taylor Swift also has books naw y'all now

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
This album is far more 'countrified' than 'Fearless', so if you're not into that music this may not be the album for you. However, I've never really listened to much country before, but I love this album. If you like 'Fearless' you more than likely to enjoy this. The only difference is 'Fearless' is slight more pop orientated. There's honestly not a single song I don't like. Some of the songs are also on 'Fearless' but with different music. However, I prefer the versions on 'Taylor Swift'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Taylor Swift (Audio CD)
Excellent cd. I would definitely recommend it to all modern country fans. Of course, i simply adore Taylor's voice, and i would probably have commended it positively even if she was reading the phone-book, but truly it's lovely. Taylor's lyrics are meaningful to all us "hopeless romantic" -as she put it in her "speak now" tour- and though she obviously refers to personal experiences, i think she can really touch your soul. She definitely touched my soul- and i 'm not a 16 year old girl.
Looking forward for her next album - PLEASE TAYLOR, if you ever read this, include "safe and sound" in it! It's the best song EVER!

Taylor Swift