Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 20 March 2008
There is an expression, When you copy one persons work, it is called "plagiarism", but when you reference several sources it is called "research"

Well welcome to The Feeling's latest offering of 70's soft Rock "research" ;-) If you enjoyed 12 Stops From Home, I fail to see how you couldn't enjoy the follow up offering from one of the finest bands around.

As a 40 year old, I am hearing so many influences from the 70's here, the title track "Join With Us" stands shoulder to shoulder with Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel's "Mr. Soft" While "Don't Make Me Sad" is straight from Martin and Coulter's Bay City Roller's songbook.

So why is this a very worthy modern album, rather than just a 70's pastiche? Well the band's Ivan Novello Award is richly deserved, and their bar has not lowered with this body of work. Each tune is a melodic marvel while their lyric work is relevant and evocative, none more so than the second single to be taken from the album "Without You" which is polar opposite to the first single "I thought It Was Over", no overblown musicality here, just a lovely melody and poignant lyrics.

Each track is markedly different from the last, but it is a fantastical journey to undertake, and I can see why some people may be disappointed that the album is not 13 different versions of "I thought It Was Over", but this is a more mature work from The Feeling and if you accept that growth, you are to be rewarded with a remarkable experience.
on 21 February 2008
this is a great album these guys know how to make catchy tunes that you sing to all day long. stand out track for me is dont make me sad major guitars in there and so catchy. this band dont have a problem with the 'difficult 2nd album' keep up the good work and you'll have fans for life
on 18 March 2008
Having fallen in love with Twelve Stops and Home, I had incredibly high expectations of Join With Us, and I'm glad to say I wasn't dissapointed, on the whole the tracks are excellent with the hit single I thought it was over, their next (hit?) single Without You, Join with Us and Won't Go Away all being sublime. Most of the rest of the album is of a high standard too though there is the odd dud.

If they set out to beat Twelve Stops and Home then I believe they failed, if they just set out to release another fantastic album you can listen to over and over again however, they couldn't have succeeded any better. It's also a plus that they can actually sing all the songs live. Just make sure you get the special 2 disc edition if only to get Video Killed the Radio Star.
on 8 May 2008
Not having bought or heard any Feeling music before and based entirely on a recommendation by a friend, I bought "Join With Us" and was surprised to find proper music for a change. I'm so fed up with all the RAP and repetitive junk that is today's pop, I haven't bought anything since "Life is a Roller-coaster", so I was a bit unsure of The Feeling, but not any more. Unlike some other reviewers, I love all of the tracks, but they took a while to sink in and at different rates. The second track was the first to get to me, and still does. I can't find fault with any of the tracks. I also like the fact they have some friends and relations (including 3 yr old Sonny, who is now 4) helping out. My friend says that the first album is not to be missed, so I am just about to order it from this lovely website!
on 19 January 2009
I discovered The Feeling from radio airplay and put it on my Christmas list for 2008. First impressions are almost universally good, and to be honest I can't understand why other reviewers crow about the band's obviously derivative quality; a prime example being 'Won't Go Away', which unashamedly nicks the 'groove' of Bowie's 'Modern Love'. And the string quartet tag to 'Conor' doesn't half remind me of something, though I can't put my finger on it. The fact is we now live in an age where genuine originality is hard to come by, with the result that pilfering from the past is largely acceptable, so long as it's done in a stylish way. On that basis, The Feeling get the thumbs up from me - most of the arrangements are superb and obviously a great deal of thought has gone into them. Even their attempted magnum opus 'The Greatest Show on Earth' works, though it's a shame the album ends with the rather lightweight 'hidden track' that follows it.
on 3 August 2009
It would seem that The Feeling are trying to move on from the pop-rock vibe that they made with their first album Twelve Stops and Home. Now they've moved on with Join With Us. A poppy dance-y slightly cheesey album. As much as I wanted to enjoy this (and I did really like most songs, like "Without You" and "This Time" to name two) it just didn't really seem as original the second time round. Songs like "Won't Go Away" sound like they were whipped up in a matter of minutes. All in all, it's quite enjoyable if you're planning on listening to it for the first few songs, but if you're listening to the whole album you'll find it a bit boring. But it does bring some excellent songs for The Feeling...I would say they're not a patch on their older songs like "Sewn" and "I Love It When You Call".

Still: buy it, listen to it and like it but it's quite hard to get through.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 July 2015
The Feeling's first album ''Twelve Stops and Home' is still a real favourite of mine, but the lads' following-up, released in 2008, just isn't as good. I had to keep playing 'Join With Us' over, hoping that I'd find a strong handful of tracks I love, but it never happened. That's not to say this is a bad album, it isn't, and although the songs are well-crafted, it's just a largely-distinctive average pop record. After such an instantly infectious and solid debut, this will be seen as a disappointment.

There are several standout tracks, the very mainstream and bouncy opening 'I Thought It Was Over', the mellow 'Without You', the infectious grower 'Turn It Up', and the excellent 'The Greatest Show on Earth', which is virtually two songs mixed into one (the other is a hidden track), and ends the album out on a ridiculously catchy high. The rest of the material is either to easy to skip past, overly cheesy (the debut album had plentiful cheesy lyrics, but at least those words were good), or very repetitive.

I'd recommend that you purchase The Feeling's 2006 debut album first, and you'll probably love it. 'Join With Us' spawned just one big hit ('I Thought It Was Over'), but is worth having for the good stuff, but just don't expect another 'Twelve Stops and Home'.
on 21 May 2008
On first listen similar to 12 stops but as you listen to it more and more it just grows on you. I haven't tired of it yet and even my wife is converted. Fabulous album!!!
on 26 February 2008
If you loved 12 stops and Home, then this latest from The Feeling will do exactly the same thing to you.The best thing to happen to pop since the Beatles,The Feeling have worked their way up outside the media hype wagon and stolen Sgt Peppers tarnished crown.
on 21 May 2008
After reading lots of the reviews already posted I nearly didn't buy this CD. But as I like the two singles released from it I decided to buy it. It is excellent, a good mix of songs.