Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 2 April 2008
This CD is a grower and pretty good, however i feel the first album was better in melodic terms.

The 2nd cd is definitely for fans as it has reworkings from the first album and 2 covers
on 6 July 2008
As a fan of there first album I bought this album when it first came out, listened to it once and said "What is this? It sounds like ELO on crack. RUBBISH!!" And so didn't listen to it for ages. However i found it again the other day so listened to it once again. My reaction this time was "What is this? It sounds like ELO on crack. GREAT!!" I always find the things that take a while to like usually stay with you for longer. Good Album!
on 6 May 2008
After the first albumn, I wasn't sure on the first play about all the tracks, but I've always found that these are the tracks that last rather than tracks that you like immediately, but soon tire of.
Fantastic follow up to the first excellent first albumn. The tracks range in style, but still retain that 'feeling' Feeling.
Try it, you won't be disappointed if you liked the first albumn.
on 4 March 2008
brilliant album well worth buying! one of fav albums can listen to it over and over again!
on 27 February 2008
If asked to describe this album in one word I would say "fun".

One thing clearer than anything is that the band had tremendous fun throwing all kinds all kinds of musical styles and influences into this delightful little mix.

It's done in such a merry and uninhibited way that you can't help but smile.

Take the Celtic-infused Connor, Turn It Up's Status Quo-esque instrumental section, the 50s rock'n'roll swagger of Don't Make Me Sad with its ragtime outro and the song that will draw the strongest ELO comparisons yet: Join With Us.

It was never going to be as good as Twelve Stops And Home. Not as far as I was concerned anyway. Nevertheless, on first listen it sounds pretty darn good and improves with each listen.

Their ability to make incredibly infectious songs you'll be humming all day is intact. The melodies are strong and satisfying. The lyrics could be better and Dan's voice is sometimes lacking emotion.

Don't go looking for the melancholic beauty of Rose or Strange on here. You'll find it to an extent in This Time but it is otherwise absent.

On the plus side if you prefer The Feeling at their foot-tapping best you're spoilt for choice.

Overall, here is a band who have stuck two fingers up to the difficult second album stigma and delved child-like into their musical toybox, resulting in a lively, eclectic but most importantly fun album.
on 3 March 2013
After listening to the album a couple of times I thought it was great. However, over the past few listenings I've come to dislike it to some extent. The sound is very 'cacophonic' at times and becomes annoying.
Still OK but no longer on my regular listening list.
on 19 February 2008
This is one of those records that just grabs you straight away. Like their debut, it's light and enjoyable, full of easy, radio-friendly tunes. The Feeling are showing a knack for creating catchy, original melodies and after no more than 4 listens, I'd recommend this to anybody who enjoyed the bands first album.
I Thought It Was over hinted at a new direction, but the rest of the songs on this album definitely sound like The Feeling as we know them. "join with us" for example is full of lush harmonies and displays an energy that persists throughout the album. "The Greatest show on earth" is overly long at around 8minutes, but for the first half at least is as compelling as anything that the band have written.
Some critics have dismissed the band as a guilty pleasure (just as they praised the band as a wonderfully guilty pleasure in the past [does anything a critic writes really matter?]). The only way to find out is to buy the record and see for yourself, there is nobody else around making music as shamelessly enjoyable as this. Recommended.
on 16 June 2008
An album probably isn't a masterpiece when you keep playing it to convince yourself it's good, but I didn't think a lot of 'Twelve Stops and Home' the first time I heard it and a month later I loved every track. However I'm listening to this on repeat and so far my initial opinion remains the same. It's nice easy listening, but there are no 'Blue Picadilly' or 'Helicopter's on here. In fact, at least two songs don't actually progress. Their chorus sounds like a verse and when it returns toward the end of the song you realise you didn't care if it came back or not. Songs like 'Everyone' sound like they came from the first album and more of that vibe would have been welcome. Another problem is that almost every tack reminded me of something else. 'I Thought It Was Over' contains riffs similar to 70's Genesis, 'Without You' is essentially a Wings track and 'Won't Go Away's resemblance to David Bowie's 'Modern Love' is blatant.

I'm not ruling out that it may yet grow on me to the point I consider it a four star album, but I see it as The Feeling getting their difficult second album out of the way so that they can make a third that picks up on the fun and catchiness of their debut.
on 20 February 2008
If like me you loved 'Twelve Stops and Home' and were wondering if this album could be anywhere near as good then you will not be disappointed. This album is full of yet more great catchy songs, both fast and slow. Make sure you get yourself the special edition to get the great bonus CD full of alternative versions of their previous singles. Plus the packaging is great too. Well worth the extra pennies!
on 25 August 2013
I bought this on the recommendations of other reviewers and I am happy to endorse the positive nature of this product.