Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 31 May 2004
I remember my Father buying me this on vinyl in 1982, so it will always be special.
One of the main reasons was to have Going Underground on a LP.
The Jam simply generated energy whenever they played live, lots of great feedback from Paul's Rickenbacker, Bruce's always solid Bass covering the lack of another guitar on stage and the other part of the great rythmn section is Rick's understated Drums.
I would even go far to say that the tracklisting on this album which rather than going for all the commercial singles, goes for some of those great album tracks, Sound Affects 'Set the house ablaze' I think is better live than on that great album.
'Standard's' from Modern World is another with the simply lovely crowd participation on 'Ghosts' from The Gift is another gem.
A hidden gem here is the great cover 'Big Bird' which is the only Jam album to find this track on.
Sadly I never got to see the Jam Live, but this goes some way in having a momento of how great they were.
on 19 May 2005
me and my brother bought this on vinyl back in 82 and we shared the same bedroom!we both had to have it!this is pure electric by one of the best live acts of the last 30 years,this cd is to be played loud..very loud..stand out tracks in the city,mod cons,its to bad and standards,no one bettered this band for playin live...no one ever will,no more to say...buy it,pure electric.
on 22 February 2015
Excellent as "live" albums go - really captures what The Jam were like as a live band. Much rougher than their so-called "mod" sound of the studio, this album proves how tight the 3-piece were as live performers. No real weak tracks - includes rousing renditions of "In The City" and "Going Underground" but the best song on the album is "Set The House Ablaze" - a surge of chaotic feedback and wrenching Rickenbacker's that never lets up from the first chord. No matter that Weller has "mod" tattooed on his heart - this album is a testament to the fact that The Jam were always a "punk" band playing live.
If you love The Jam as I do (since I was a naïve 11 year old) then you'll appreciate this album. If you're not a fan (yet) then buy it anyway and it will show why The Jam are feted as (probably) one of the best bands in British music in the last 35 years.
on 10 July 2015
Now here's an album I only had on cassette.....untill now. Being a collector of everything Weller has done over the years I'm so pleased I purchased this album on CD. 'Ghost' has always haunted me ever since I played it on my little Hitachi Cassette Player back in 1980something. Though it is hard to find on any other album of The Jam. All the live tracks on this album takes you back to an amazing time when beer was cheap and a youth cult was taking a stronghold for the second time. If only Paul, Bruce and Rick would get together and play Brighton Centre again. But then it would never sound as amazing as they do on this album. My favourite on this album have to be Big Bird, Set The House Ablaze and Ghost.
on 23 May 2013
Played this on vinyl every christmas since 1982. Got it now on cd and can play it anytime!!..So many fab memories.
on 3 January 2016
The best of The Jam live, great album, dig the new breed and dig the songs can't complain a must have for any Jam or Weller fan's
on 12 June 2007
The Jam were without doubt one of the best if not the best band I have ever seen live. They played with an intensity which was by turns enthralling and shocking. I saw them live 5 times and I always came out the concert buzzing even when I was assaulted by a group of idiots (I left 2 worse off than me!) who were groping my girlfriend.

The music is played louder and badder than you will hear on the Jam's albums and this is evident in tracks such "Start" "Set the house ablaze" "Going Underground" and "Private Hell" but I like all the tracks on this album and it is refreshing that some of the tracks are not just single releases but in a way representative of the Jam as an albums band.

Great album and if I remember what those other 2 idiots look like they will get it one day even if we are all using Zimmer frames!
on 12 November 2014
was at the concert 3 of the tracks were done, brings back great memories
on 19 January 2016
The Greatest Band in the world live,nothing more to say really..
on 28 January 2015
Have been after this on cd for a while . Not disappointed !!