5.0 out of 5 stars The Jam Live, unbeatable
I remember my Father buying me this on vinyl in 1982, so it will always be special.
One of the main reasons was to have Going Underground on a LP.
Published on 31 May 2004 by Gawain Morris

- nothing special, just a good digital version of the Jam's worst album - not that its bad just a valiant if failed attempt to capture the awesome Jam live.
If you loved the Jam you've probably already got this and if you didn't then you are not going to buy it now.
Published 10 months ago by Jeremy Pawley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jam Live, unbeatable, 31 May 2004
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
One of the main reasons was to have Going Underground on a LP.
The Jam simply generated energy whenever they played live, lots of great feedback from Paul's Rickenbacker, Bruce's always solid Bass covering the lack of another guitar on stage and the other part of the great rythmn section is Rick's understated Drums.
I would even go far to say that the tracklisting on this album which rather than going for all the commercial singles, goes for some of those great album tracks, Sound Affects 'Set the house ablaze' I think is better live than on that great album.
'Standard's' from Modern World is another with the simply lovely crowd participation on 'Ghosts' from The Gift is another gem.
A hidden gem here is the great cover 'Big Bird' which is the only Jam album to find this track on.
Sadly I never got to see the Jam Live, but this goes some way in having a momento of how great they were.

5.0 out of 5 stars "PURE ELECTRIC ENERGY", 19 May 2005
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
me and my brother bought this on vinyl back in 82 and we shared the same bedroom!we both had to have it!this is pure electric by one of the best live acts of the last 30 years,this cd is to be played loud..very loud..stand out tracks in the city,mod cons,its to bad and standards,no one bettered this band for playin live...no one ever will,no more to say...buy it,pure electric.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIG THE NEW CD., 23 May 2013
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
Played this on vinyl every christmas since 1982. Got it now on cd and can play it anytime!!..So many fab memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it Dig it, 12 Jun 2007
A. J. Rabet "Rabs" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
The Jam were without doubt one of the best if not the best band I have ever seen live. They played with an intensity which was by turns enthralling and shocking. I saw them live 5 times and I always came out the concert buzzing even when I was assaulted by a group of idiots (I left 2 worse off than me!) who were groping my girlfriend.

The music is played louder and badder than you will hear on the Jam's albums and this is evident in tracks such "Start" "Set the house ablaze" "Going Underground" and "Private Hell" but I like all the tracks on this album and it is refreshing that some of the tracks are not just single releases but in a way representative of the Jam as an albums band.

Great album and if I remember what those other 2 idiots look like they will get it one day even if we are all using Zimmer frames!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was there, 24 Jun 2010
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
This is a super combination of live Jam songs. A mixture of singles and classic album tracks. I have the CD and the Vinyl. I still find that the vinyl has the edge. The album is very special to me as I was "In the Crowd" at the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1982. My favourite Jam song recorded at a gig that I rate as one of the best ever. I joined a tour from Belfast with three mates. Met all three members in the bar after the gig and they signed the whole programme. Buy this record.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to the 'Standard' of being 'in the Crowd' but a digital version of an attempt to capture the best 80's live band., 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
If you saw the Jam live you will not forget what that felt like - and this album whilst not able to capture that essence will bring those memories flooding back.
Worth every penny to re-visit some of the best nights of my young life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dig a Big Pit, 16 Dec 2008
This review is from: Dig the New Breed (Audio CD)
At last a Jam album to pretty much avoid: 'Dig the New Breed' is horror versions of your favourite Jam songs played lacklustre fashion in venues like Hammersmith Palais and Edinburgh Playhouse.

Imagine listening to fuzzy, out of tune interpretations; with a bit of muffled crowd roar and an aeroplane starting up in the back of the hangar, and you've got 'Dig the New Breed' off pat.

An appallingly condescending selection: singles, couple tracks from each album, one 'exclusive' song - a cover version of 'Big Bird' (No? Me neither) so the completists need buy it.
All bases covered in relentlessly avaricious and insultingly contrived fashion.

So how about it pop-kids - come and get your souvenir live Jam album to commemorate the lousy farewell tour.
Sound much like Weller?

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst CD I've bought in years., 5 Aug 2012
Sound quality - rubbish
Song quality - rubbish
Mixing, production and tonal balance - rubbish

I have a growing CD back catalogue and I have some albums that I don't really listen to very often for completeness, but this one went straight in the bin. That's a first for me! Totally pants in every way, worst of all is the sound quality - unbearable.

Don't buy it, you'll hate it.

ARRAY(0xb156424c)