Format: MP3 DownloadChange

on 26 November 1999
Chris de Burgh is the master of mixing up-tempo rock with slow well produced ballads. This album personifies his talent. I usually feel that on most albums from Chris there is at least one weak song, which could have easily, been left off. However on this album every song has been expertly written and produced and in fact leaves you craving for more. Chris has taken a great deal of time with the lyrics and this has paid off. They are written in such a tender way that they can not fail to touch the heart of everybody listening. I would like to stay away from the usual comment 'his best yet' but on this occasion the phrase is true.
on 19 February 2000
Chris De Burgh realy has excelled himself this time , his style goes from a russian folky song Natasha dance for me , right to a romantic my lover is, He is a master of words , and every song tells a story, I have played my C.D every day since I got it and know any one else would too. Thank you again Chris for another brilliant album !
on 15 September 2000
Yes, its true! This is undoubtedly his best work yet. Not a bad track in sight. Lots of different influences. My wife is seriously unimpressed at me liking C de B, and his general unfashionableness at the moment only adds to her ammunition against me. I don't care, this is EXCELLENT!
VINE VOICEon 19 July 2006
This album is a great return to the form that he's been known for over the years. I would probably think that the songs on this album reflect his changing mood on the world and how he sees things.

For example, on the song 'Nothing Ever Happens Round Here', there's a sentiment saying that a film man looking for a star in a local bar is stunned when this attractive beauty walks in and everybody is asking "who is she?" and then the film man says "she's exactly what we're looking for" and whisks her away from just an ordinary town where nothing seems to happen.

On the opening track 'When I Think Of You', a man is at work in the office and he's lost concentration cause all he can think about is his woman who's good looking and so he spends the day day-dreaming about her and has to make do with that. Whenever he's thinking of her, it makes him happy and looking forward to meeting up with her.

I think that my favourite track on this exciting and very nicely produced album is 'Saint Peter's Gate'. Basically telling a story of a man who is lost in a forest at night-time feeling fear in his heart and sees a sudden flash of light appear in the forest's opening and sees it's the gate of Saint Peter. Going towards it, the gate opens and Saint Peter says "I've been expecting you" and shows him to his room past another room occupied by the Devil. Early in the morning, he sees an angel appear at his bedroom door and tells him to leave quickly. He does this using the screams of the Devil to drown out his footsteps on the ground as he makes it to the safety of the forest. An excellent track and possibly the most inventive on the album.

'Natasha Dance' is also inventive using a Russian style to the music as this song is about a Russian girl who has an affair with a man and the song is taken from his perspective of this delightful young woman and the one night of high passion.

The title track of the album closes it out in grand style. It tells of old friends and new ones looking at a world where things are all right "talking with a new light inside" and "talking with a brightness in their eyes". There's hope and redemption in the world for us to leave our young ones. There's a passage in the song which I find to have sincere meaning "To see the whole world waking from a dream". I'm guessing this dream is for a world without bombings and wars and that all of us lived in a time of peace.

This album is a lot of fun to listen to and yes there are a lot of songs on here but don't let that dampen your mood. There's a lot of good stuff here and any CdeB fan should own a copy. One of his best by far since 'Spanish Train' and 'Crusader'.
on 28 January 2000
I thought this was a wonderful album masterly put together. The songs are unique and were a joy to listen to. Any Chris de Burgh fan would be proud to have this in their collection. I know I am. A big thumbs up then. This clearly shows Chris de Burgh back at his best.
on 23 August 2013
I've just spent a great hour listening again to Quiet Revolution which brings back happy memories as it was constantly on in the car when I lived in Jerusalem at the end of the 90s, but is one that for inexplicable reasons I haven't listened to for a few years. By 1999 Chris knew what he did well and was producing consistently strong records. And on this album he is on top form; there isn't a bad track here, but particular stand-out tracks are Natasha Dance and once of the best songs Chris has ever written in Love of the Heart Divine.
on 28 October 1999
This is the best CD Chris de Burgh has done so far. I have been a fan of Chris de Burgh for 11 years and haven't heard any of his CD's sound as good. His voice sounds much better than his last CD, Beautiful Dreams. The music and lyrics are wonderful. This album uses a backup band instead of the orchestra used on the last CD. I LOVE the backup band vs. orchestra. It's TOTALLY worth the money.
on 9 October 2010
Here we have an absolute classic from this great songwriter. All the songs are great. There are a few that will take your breath away like St. Peter`s gate, Natasha dance or The last moments of the dawn. I love this record.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2015
It doesn't really do it for me. Wee bit too fluffy for my taste. Not like CDB of old.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The rating above is not for the music, but for the disc. This was sold by Amazon as a standard CD - no indication on the website that it was anything else. However, it has just arrived and I am horrified by what I have received.

The disc is a burned CD-R, not a pressed CD, with generic label artwork. The front cover is clearly a poor-quality scan and inkjet print, with a large black border around the original artwork. The back cover is a generic print with just a track list - no artwork at all, and the "booklet" is a single folder piece of paper, blank on the inside with a track list on the back; no lyrics, no credits, nothing.

The barcode on the back states "manufactured by" - this is clearly some form of on-demand production, resulting in a low-quality product. It cannot be legal to sell this without a clear warning that what you are getting is not an original CD copy of this album - mine will be going back for a refund.