on 28 December 2003
Coming from the family that he does, it was inevitable that Enrique Iglesias would become a singer. What is surprising is the fact that he's so good at it. From the opening track 'Rhythm Divine' it's pretty clear that this album is going to be a feast of latin rhythms and party tunes, and while none of them are quite as loud as say Ricky Martin's 'Livin' La Vida Loca' they are all done with a lot more style. 'Be With You' is my favourite track from the album. Another up-beat latin dance track with spanish guitar playing throughout and Enrique's voice just soaring on the chorus. 'I Have Always Loved You' is one of the slower songs on the album and is wrought with emotion yet it never seems to come across as false and seems like the person he's singing it about is the person he has always loved.
Even the duet with Witney Houston 'Could I Have This Kiss Forever' seems to work and fit in perfectly with the surroundings with both voices complementing each other very well.
Of course, the best known track on this album is going to be 'Bailamos' a UK top 5 single and a #1 in the US it was the single that bought Enrique to the attention of the British music audience and is easily one of the best tracks on the album. Similar in style and beats to 'Rhythm Divine', the chorus is big, catchy and easy to sing along to and closes the english section of the album perfectly.
Without a doubt this is one of the best albums to have on a hot summer's night, play the album, enjoy the rhythms and dance the night away.
on 15 April 2001
This is a FANTASTIC album! All my friends laughed at me when i bought it, they thought gorgeous Enrique only had old women as fans, and now they're fighting each other to borrow it! The best tracks are Rhythm Divine, Could I Have This Kiss Forever and I Have Always Loved You. The fabulous hit Bailamos is outshone a bit because it is well known. Overall, great upbeat Latino sounding beats and haunting ballads on one album! The Spanish tracks at the end top the treasure of an album. Only let down is the pants remix of Rhythm Divine at the end. Five star material definately - BUY IT!
on 18 July 2002
Having recently discovered the excellent Escape album which has worn out my CD player I decided to go in search of this album. I searched every record shop in Belfast to no avail but thanks to Amazon I was able to get my hands on a copy of this superb album. From the opening track of Rhythmn Divine, Enrique hits the spot with a album full of passion and superb vocals. The excellent I'm Your Man is one of the strongest tracks on the album followed by Be With You and Balaimos. If like me you've seen him in concert, bought his recent album and want more, don't wait any longer, order this CD today and you will be 100% satisfied!
on 2 November 2000
Cannot agree with previous reviewer - 10 songs in English and only 4 in Spanish - if you like the Latin sound you just gotta like the songs sung in their native language, otherwise you just aint got the vibe. Absolutely loved the album just fantastic, more sophisticated version of Ricky Martin. Haven't stopped playing "Enrique" since he arrived. (In my dreams...) Fabulous! Enrique, you deserve to go far. Long may you reign!
on 3 December 1999
Enrique is like a more mature Ricky Martin and this album focusses on the more deep romantic latin sounds rather than just pop songs. Great tunes to listen to again and again, my particular favourite being "Bailamos". There are also some really cool up-tempo songs to watch out for, especially "Rhythm Devine" On a whole, an excellent album that i definately reccomend!!!
on 11 March 2001
This is one of the best albums i've bought featuring the wonderful romantic ballad.Could I have this kiss forever.Thers not one bad song on this album. It doesn't only feature ballads it features pop with a latin sound.Listen out for the Alabao. The sounds takes you to heaven his sexy voice,and the words as true meaning! So go out and buy this album!
on 2 February 2001
I waited a while before purchasing this album - having done so it is one of the best albums that I have recently purchased. An exotic mixture of Spanish and English lyrics enabling the listener to feel the passion within and enjoy each track - even if you do not speak spanish. Excellent - don't think about buying just do it.
on 23 June 2000
Not only is he ever so gorgeous, he has also got a gorgeous album. Every song makes you know that Enrique feels what he sings. From the hot "Bailamos" to the lonely feeling of "Be with you" and back to the romantic tones of "Could I have this kiss forever ?". Oh, Enrique, you have truly got a rhythm divine!
on 7 April 2000
I bought this CD on the strength of one song (Bailamos). I was totally absorbed from the beginning to the end and loved every song from the offset - which is unusual for me as I normally have to get to know an album before I get to that stage. I love the different styles along with the Spanish flavour - I have always loved Spanish style music and this is a definite plus for my collection. More please.
on 24 August 2000
This is an exceptional album. Enrique Iglesias makes the listener indulge in his music. Words are not meaning full enough to describe his album. It's that great.