Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 11 February 2010
As if anyone can criticise "Miss. Ross" ... I love listening to the songs featured by Chic like the hit songs "Upside Down" AND "I'm Comin' Out" which feature here amongst the oldies and goodies !
on 21 January 2001
For those of you who prefer Diana's music from the beginning of the seventies onwards this is one of the best compilations around. Although Motown have now put out Diana Ross and The Supremes 40 Greatest, it confuses the buyer as we tend to think it's just that, Diana with The Supreme's. The truth is the latter half of it is Diana at her best in the early 70's. This compilation feature's hits from the 70's leading into the 80's and show's a number of sides to Diana's music. The ballads and blues are covered by the sublime "Endless Love" and "Goodmorning Heartache", "Touch Me In The Morning", and "Theme From Mahogany". But what comes out great in this album for me is the "funky" side to Diana. The brilliant "My Old Piano", hear the piano and guitar playing off each other.....followed by "The Boss", what a combination! The latter was described by Diana on Oprah Winfrey's show as her favourite track at that time, circa 1986, but how many compilation cd and records is it on? Hardly any. Together with "Upside Down", "I'm Coming Out" and "Tenderness", we get the best of Diana being funky from the Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers camp and you don't get much funkier than that!! All Diana fans and 'would be' Diana fans should add this to their collection.
I saw this album and must admit that I ignored it at first, predominantly as I have so many albums now that I rarely buy sounds from my past; I know its sad, but after 40 years of collecting music in one form or another, there is a limit as to how much I can store.

I looked down the list of songs and soon started to remember the nights that I spent listening to these tracks whilst in the Army and drifting around dance floors invariably seeking with some girl brave enough to dance slowly with a young man invariably half cut; it was ever thus. I decided to listen to the sound bites of the tracks and before 2 minutes had passed I had combined this album with the Paloma Faith album sat in my basket. Paloma is very good and a delight to listen to but Diana awakened the memories of sultry nights in Nicosia, Episkopi and the not so sultry nights in Hollywood, Lisburn, Blackdown, Tidworth and Osnabruck. What surprised me is that with a collection of over 2000 albums on CD, I only had one track on a compilation from Dian, but a check of my vinyl revealed 6 albums, so it just confirms how long has passed since I regularly listened to her.

So apart from the memories what is the album like? Well at the knock down price of £3.99, "touch me in the morning" was worth it alone, so I paid for one track and got 15 for free and of those, what memories were stirred by "reach and touch", "love hangover" and "aint no mountain high enough". Sadly my wife does not like Diana Ross and so it looks like mainly Diana, me and my headphones; oh well.................could be worse.
on 5 July 2009
This is a good quality recording, easy to listen to. We have it in the car great to have in the background.
on 2 April 2016
Good collection of Diana's well known hits. I didn't notice while purchasing this, that some of Diana's hits from her Supremes era are missing, and so bought the other collection "40 Motown greats" which covers both Diana's hits as a solo artist and her hits as part of the Supremes. Both collections are great, depaeding on what you're looking for.
on 31 October 2011
The most comprehensive collection up to that point. Coming 4 years after her first greatest hits compilation, "All the Great Hits" was immediately certified gold and platinum. It even features the makeshift Supremes medley that became a Hit from a local dj's ingenuity.
on 6 July 2014
Ok! Great album, but since I also own the original on vinyl I couldn't help but notice medley with the Supremes has been deleted from this cd version! Can anyone tell me why?! I was considering purchasing this album not I'm feeling a little short changed!
on 19 February 2014
All the hits I remember hearing growing up.. I was however disappointed that my favourite 'I'm Still Waiting' was not on this compilation, and had to download that separately. But still a great album especially for the price.
on 18 March 2014
A change from other music, including Classical, which I love.
The backing could be a little better, but, then; it is Diana's voice that makes this album one that stands out from the croud.
on 24 March 2013
Great album full of memorable Diana Ross hits , brings back many happy memories. Easy to download, no problems what so ever...even my mum could do it, (sorry Mum).