4.0 out of 5 stars "My God boy,what are you listening too?"
Published on 31 Mar. 2011 by Barry

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Can Make You Ill�
I must admit I willingly bought this CD all excited about revisiting the raw appeal of the Beastie Boys which I so enjoyed years ago. I quickly discovered this isn't a timeless classic at all, it is very much music for the time, and I hate to admit it, but I've grown out of it. The crass, in your face sound of the Beastie Boys becomes too much on a whole album of...
Published on 16 Nov. 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars "My God boy,what are you listening too?", 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
Those were the immortal words of my Father when he walked into my room one afternoon back in 1986 as I listened to the cassette of Licensed to ill yet again. I have owned this album in one format or another ever since and still smile each time I play it.Maybe I like it for it's nostalgia and the fond memories of Mad Dog 20/20,Regal fags and screwdriving the badges off volkswagons(I was 14 people!) or maybe it's because it's a genuinely good slice of 80's hip hop.Either way it's a classic of the genre and a must have for anyone into rap of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars LICENCED TO THRILL, 5 Aug. 2002
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
It's hard to believe it was 16 years ago that 'Licenced To Ill' first burst onto the scenes and soon the Beastie Boys were in every paper in the country and there were even calls to ban them from coming to Britain on their first tour with Run DMC. These scenes were to be repeated 15 year later with Eminem but i doubt that he will have the longevity of the Beasties. From the opening 'Rhymin and Stealin' the menu is set for Rock/Hip Hop and corrupting every young mind in the world. Yes this albums include the now legendary 'Fight For Your Right' and 'No Sleep Til Brooklyn' but the story doesn't stop there. 'She's Crafty' is of equal brilliance and one of the great 'I can't believe they didn't releast that' songs of all time. But rocking down with air guitars isn't the full story, the album is peppered with fab hip hop tracks such as 'Brass Monkey', 'Posse In Effect' and 'Paul Revere'. Even after all this time the songs haven't dated that much and are still influencing the music of today. Yes the Beasties may have calmed down over the years but it's alway nice to take a trip back to the 'Good Ole Days' when they shook the world and taught it how to party! Incidently as a closing fact, did you know that the Beastie Boys acheived fame when they were the support act to a certain young lady called Madonna? Well now you know you call all rest easiet at nights!

5.0 out of 5 stars An all-time classic in hip-hop music, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
I'd never properly listened to the Beastie Boys prior to buying this album, and so I didn't really know what to expect when it arrived. When I put it in my CD player, though, I instantly knew that this would be an album to remember! The hip-hop-n-rock style of the Beastie Boys manifests greatly on this album; there's a great lyrical style to this album, the Beastie Boys' flows are unique and the instrumentals and hooks are both catchy and brilliant.

There's something for any hip-hop fan in this album, and I strongly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Gold, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
The best of the beastie boys! Nothing can beat these tracks, with nostalgic base tunes, like Paul Revere etc...80's blast from the past. Well worth the buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Beasties., 23 April 2014
J. Cleary "Gadget Junkie!" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (MP3 Download)
Not much of a need to write a review of the album that started the BB phenomenon. Great tracks from start to finish and it still feels fresh and raw today. A seminal album for any music collector and a master piece album cover. What more could you ask for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (MP3 Download)
Bought this many years ago when it was first released - well, in this modern day (after losing it years ago) thought it'd be worth a punt as an MP3 download. This album has definately stood the test of time. Pure classic Beastie Boys, at their best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Licensed To Ill or Check Your Head ?, 18 July 2003
Michael Tomlinson (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
Fantastic album by the masters of their genre (will Eminem still be here 16 years from now ?), don't let the hype and overplaying of 'Fight For Your Right' put you off, there are some classic moments on this CD.If you like this one, you'll be equally impressed by 'Check your Head', a later offering from the Beastie Boys, slightly slicker in parts but still loud and irreverent. Try it, you might like it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pirce of music entertainment, 2 Oct. 2000
Mr J Jasinski (Jabroniville, Pluto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Licensed to Ill [VINYL] (Vinyl)
A wonderful debut album. Shows depth of music from the group. A wonderful sound and an unusual maturity about it which makes this a must-hear album for anyone remotely interested in the hip-hop genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to being 15, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (Audio CD)
It was a good purchase and came as described. It came within the delivery estimate. I am really pleased with my purchase. I would certainly buy from the same seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars License To Ill, 16 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Licensed To Ill (MP3 Download)
Still a great album after all these years, who would have thought what they would become.
Funny lyrics, raw samples, what more do you want.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›