on 2 October 2009
I always loved the Invaders when I was a kid. Seeing it all this time later is great and it still holds up today. For the 60's it was 'serious sci fi'. Season 2 expands on the first season with David Vincent joining a group of people who also know of the alien threat which takes the series in another direction than Vincent running around trying to convince everyone of the problem.
The effects for the day are very good and the desolving alien effect is still very believable.
This was the final season of the series and although it could have come back for another series, the finale of the season does also act as a close.

An excelent show.
on 2 April 2009
I just can remember this being aired when I was a kid, but it's great to be able to sit down and watch it complete and in running order, though stories were loosely linked due to syndication in the US. This was one of the inspiration/forerunners of X-Files and even 40 years on, the stories still hold up well. (It was sort of re-made in the a few years back as First Wave.) Shame it only ran the 2 seasons, but that just adds to the cult status.
on 19 December 2010
The "Invaders" was a program I enjoyed many years ago and to see it again made me realise why , it was definately before it's time and still makes for good viewing. No sex and no unecessary violence here just good family entertainment a must for any science fiction fan and I would recommend the Invaders Series to any young person that enjoys using their imagination.
on 21 April 2012
I was 10-12 years old when the Invaders starring Roy Thinnes was on Belgian TV in Black & White. I now acquired both seasons on DVD and saw it in colour which was really nice. As a boy I got into SciFi through such productions and Invaders was one of my favourites. One can tell it is dated but it is so well made that did not bother me at all. Image quality is very good and the scenario's are pretty creative. Although one might ask why invaders with such powerful arms did not go for a total occupation and submission of Earth and are discouraged by the actions of one man who is not believed by the authorities.For the rest : I watched all episodes within one month time and I was sorry when it was over.
on 19 January 2009
When I saw the first season I asked myself; How does the show hold after watching the pilot and the start of episode 2, the experiment?

Extremely well, Roy Thinnes gives the show just class, the show is perhaps just as good or even better then I remember it, as if I was watching the show as a teenager in the 90s, then as a adult, I'm picking up on things that I appreciate even more.

And horror fans, look out for Roddy McDowall, yes Fright Night's Peter Vincent, in episode The Experiment , season one episode 2, I'm about to watch it, just stopped to write this post. The guest cast is excellent, the acting is classic hollywood melded with a xfiles type paranoyia, I love it. The pilot had heaps of atmosphere, and David Vincent is for the 60s, what Sonny Crockett was for Miami Vice in the 80s, and Fox Mulder for X files in the 90s, and Jack Bauer for 24 this decade, great stuff.

I hope the dvd release gives the show more awareness for countless sci fi fans who may have missed what this show had to offer, and still offers. A quality production that stands to the test of time, a Quinn Martin production is forever!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2011
I remember when this first came out in 1968 or whenever. Nobody had seen anything like it at the time, although it's dated now. I used to watch it and I seem to remember my parents did as well because the special effects were 'cutting edge' at the time. The two series were repeated a coule of times and it's nice to have them on DVD. Although I've missed one star off for some of the episodes being edited from the original TV broadcasts.

Plots full of holes, I man how much junk did the Invaders leave lying around. Pity they didn't develop the plot more quickly in season two but enoyale nevertheless.
on 10 May 2009
I enjoyed this season very much, a few of the episodes I had not seen before so was extra cool. This box set was only spoiled by the last disc, the last two episodes did not play right, the disc has a scoring ring on it which I would not have expected a new disc to have. I will try to contact Amazon about it and see if I get a replacement, would be nice to have it all perfect, I hope that no one else has the same problem, we'll see. Thanks.
on 10 February 2013
Good stories. Well made. Roy Thinnes carries each episode very well. The alternative world where beings from other planets are enemies of the Earth. Human stories are in the episodes and human attributes are given to the Aliens, presupposing that beings from other worlds want to conquer this world. David Vincent manages to thwart their ambitions during each episode. Good for general viewer not just Scifi fans
on 24 March 2012
i like both invaders seasons 1&2 from the 60s, these are amongst the greatest sci-fi series ever in my opinion, Roy Thinnies is perfect as the lead role - david vincent i have just watched "the innocent" from season 1 which was superb 10/10. First class sound & picture quality a brief synopsis can be found on the inside case of each box set, no extras i have bought a lot of box sets and these are nop notch.
on 12 March 2011
loved this show as a kid but can someone tell me did it have an end or did the axe fall on it thanks steve