Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 8 August 2004
A tight album of ten songs which deliver a consistent and enjoyable Aerosmith listening experience. Openers 'Young Lust' and 'F.I.N.E.' start things off at break-neck speed, before the immortal words 'Goin' Down' are uttered and anthem 'Love In An Elevator' kicks in. Only by track five does the pace lessen slightly with fan's favourite 'Janie's Got A Gun'.
For me the two most enjoyable tracks on the album are 'Don't Get Mad, Get Even' (which I believe is the only Aerosmith song to feature a didgeridoo!) and 'Voodoo Medicine Man' where Steve Tyler gets his hoodoo on. Closer 'What It Takes' and 'My Girl' are the only songs which could be accused of being weak, but the album itself has more than stood the test of time.
on 22 September 2007
There is no doubt that Aerosmith's golden years were in the 70's with gems such as Toys In The Attic, Rocks, Draw The Line and the underrrated Night In The Ruts. Then the decline into drugs began along with the decline in sales.

Whilst Pump's predecessor Permanaent Vacation has some excellent songs, it is far more FM friendly, MTV orientated and commercial.

Pump is back to basics Aerosmith. It's starts Young Lust. Joey Kramer plays those drums as if his life depended on it and Tom Hamilton's bass thunders away, and Perry and Whitford are in brilliant form. Tyler sings with his usual innuendo laden way.

FINE is also a strong song and is followed up with Love In An Elevator; probably the best well known song on an album and brings back memories of Aerosmith's brilliant performance in Hyde Park in July this year.

Monkey On My Back is about Aerosmith's well known battle with drugs and is hard hitting, without preaching.

Janie's Got A Gun is probably one of Aerosmith's finest moments. Mr Hamilton's briliant bass intro and Tyler's hard hitting lyrics about child abuse easily make this the best song on the album.

The next song is the funky The Other Side folowed by the upbeat, sixties sounding, My Girl.

I love the song Don't Get Mad Get Even,(my mantra and something we should all aspire to)

The African laden Whitford/Tyler comes next and Pump closes off with the most FM sounding song on the album, What It Takes.

What I love about this album is that Aerosmith sound so ALIVE and forgive the pun, PUMPed up. The whole group are on top form and a clearly having a fantastic time.

You will too if you buy this.
on 20 February 2011
Great Album! what a rock album should be - tight instruments, great vocals, and most of all, fun! it sounds like a bunch of blokes having fun. I love the first 4 tracks - doesn't let off for a second, rest of the album is great to - theres just something i really enjoy about the sequence of the first 4 tracks
on 17 July 2015
My favourite Aerosmit album, this must also be the best albums ever made by anyone.
The songs speak for themselves and the power of the record is immense - you just cannot feel down after listening to this...
on 3 July 2003
The album pump by Aerosmith is a masterpiece. 10 tracks of pure brilliance. catchy lyrics and spot on guitar/percussion throughout the entire album. I feel the best track on this album is 'The other side' in which Joe Perry delivers fantastic riffs, which when put along-side the great bass effects of Tom Hamilton and the legendary voice of Steven Tyler creates the ultimate stadium rock and roll hit. You will not be dissapointed by this album
on 9 January 2012
I first heard Aerosmith when Permanent Vacation was released, being around 16 years old I was still finding my way into music I really liked. Therefore while I can't confess to being a fan, I have of late been buying Aerosmiths' other albums.

Like most Aerosmith albums it is all about the energy, and this starts off with bucket loads, with the opening song having a great tempo and decent guitar work.

The next few songs are solid but didn't really blow me away, then we get to Shela which I really liked and that theme continued to the end of the album, with a different variation of song showing with Gypsy Boots and Darkness, the latter possibly being my favourite of the album.

You get a feel with this album that you can see where Permanent Vacation and Pump came from, and after only 2 hearings of this album is is a solid 4 star, possibly with more listening to that could change for a stronger rating.
on 3 June 2011
Late eighties and leaving school when this come out. It simply blew me away and changed the music I listened too forever. Its just sex drugs and rock n roll which is pretty exciting stuff at 15-16. The whole album gels into a single entity with the help of some neat intros, a perfect running order and 10 tracks leave no room for fillers.
If you buy one aerosmith album then buy this - it hits the sweet spot between 70s rockin' and 80's MTV hits (and beyond).

I love the open 2 tracks but personal favourite has already been monkey on my back (the first track I owned as a B side to dude looks like a lady when re-released - that B side got more plays).
on 21 April 2011
A while ago I came across Aerosmith's Nine Lives in my music collection having not listened to it for a few years. I really got into some of it, so I decided to go on an Aerosmith binge. Pump is a classic album and archetypal Aerosmith; for such a low price, it'd be silly not to buy it.

Every single track on here is somewhere between good and great. My favourite is probably Voodoo Medicine Man. The final song (What it Takes) is, in my opinion, the weakest song on there, but it's still not bad.
on 17 July 2005
Fabulous swan song for America's greatest rock'n'roll band... it was all downhill from here. This, however, is slick, stompin', rude and funny. Imagine... a 'slick' Aerosmith! Maybe a tad over-produced but still using some great tunes with the addition of some unusual instrumentation, the old Tyler swagger still in evidence. Where on earth did that go? Think of Back In The Saddle, then imagine Angel. Eugh! Don't Wanna Miss A Thing? Miss that!
Witness F.I.N.E. their sexiest, rudest, catchiest song in a long time, matched latterly only by the single PINK. This is the last Aerosmith album you should have in your collection, unless you're a sucker for a slushy, over-produced ballad. Just who is the average Aerosmith fan these days - Barbara Cartland?
on 27 December 2015
This picture disc version is horrendous. As soon a the needle hot the grooves, a wall of scraping noise pervaded. I can't imagine the damage it might've done to my stylus in the few seconds of play. Avoid!