5.0 out of 5 stars Yet ANOTHER CLASSIC by the best band in the world
I love The Wailers, but even i'm almost getting tired of giving them 5 star reviews! In many people's eyes Kaya was seen as a drop in form after the collosal achievement that was Exodus. Let's not forget that Time magazine voted Exodus as the most important album of the 20th century. But despite not matching Exodus, Kaya is still great. Just like Dennis Brown and...
Published on 5 Mar. 2009 by Rudy

1.0 out of 5 stars scottishtony
Kaya is a great album 10 out of 10,but island records are taking the total piss and greed on the Marley catalogue with this deluxe version,the live disc is total crap,its like a bad bootleg, bad sound is an understatment.I am sure if Bob Marley and his press officer Rob Partridge were still with us this would never have made the street,as all honest reviews would have...
Published 22 months ago by anthony richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
Music from Bob Marley's early years singing with the wailers. A true classic with songs that reflect his true genius. Full of meaning and inspiration Kaya is an album and songs that speak to me in the most profound way, relating to human suffering and the ability to overcome against all odds. Small Axe is a song that is particularly moving in which Bob Marley expresses his sadness at being rejected by his biological father. So sad but so true. Love the lyrics.

3.0 out of 5 stars Record company rip off, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Kaya - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
Music = 5 stars
Content = 1 star

Blatant evidence of a record company ripping off fans

Disc 1 gives us the original album plus ONE bonus track (which is the same as the 2001 re-release) with a total of (just over) 42 minutes of music.
So there is 37 minutes of missed opportunity on disc 1 where the record company could have given the fans something new.

Disc 2 gives us an INCOMPLETE concert (crisis and running away/crazy baldhead were performed before i shot the sheriff).
Why could they have not given us the complete concert by using the empty space on disc 1?

At least when they released the Rastaman Vibration deluxe edition they gave us TEN new tracks (and an incomplete concert later released in full - Live at the Roxy)

Does this mean there is a 2CD set with the full live concert around the corner?
(Though if they put the opening set by Steel Pulse on it as well - and there is enough room for it - they might just redeem themselves!!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Album - Nothing New, 4 May 2013
D. G. Rojo "DoD Marley" (Barcelona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaya - Deluxe Edition (Audio CD)
I was really excited when I first heard about this album's deluxe edition, it is one of my favorites and I was expecting something new as the other Deluxe editions have, but big disappointment this time.

If you do not have the regular Kaya version and you do not have any live concert do not spend a minute and buy it right now, the songs are wonderful, but, if on the contrary, which is my case, you are looking for something new or rare save your money for some other albums that will bring you different points of vision of the greatest musician ever, like Songs of Freedom.

Love Kaya - Disappointed with this edition which it is not exactly as the other Deluxe editions, the package isn't as good.

Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars I looked forward to owning this cd., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
long ago when I was in secondary School I loved it. So when it arrived and I started playing it, it took my memory many years back. I miss Bob greatly. His music speaks for who he is and his philosophy. I've been playing it ever since. I had the pirated one but wanted this original. I will ever remain his fan. Long live Bob Marley. May his soul RIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars SuperB, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Kaya [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Although I can listen to kayak online.theres somthing about pulling the album out the cover,and putting the stylus on the record..it sounds better....

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Bob Marley, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Kaya (MP3 Download)
I have had a hard copy of this, on CD but it disappeared. Now I have on my tablet and on a cloud somewhere so hopefully I will never lose it again. It's a great album from a great artist. It makes me happy, it makes me sad. It is an album I will always want to own

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGENDARY MAN & SONGS, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
One of the best songs ever recorded. I listened to this very album when I was in high school growing up. I loved it back then and it still sounds great today. REST IN PEACE BOB. And thank you for your beautiful voice you gave the world

5.0 out of 5 stars A total masterpiece (I'm not exaggerating), 31 July 2000
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
Although in my opinion Marley never wrote a bad song, Kaya has got to be one of his best albums. The whole package is incredibly upbeat and you cannot listen to it without smiling and feeling great.The songs are all excellent, particularly Time Will Tell which is my favourite Marley song ever.Tracks like Easy Skanking and Is This Love will keep any reggae fan happy. The title song too has that rare mix of being mellow and uplifting. People who only buy the best of Maley albums really do miss out on a lot! If you like Bob, and/or reggae, buy it!... go on trust me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good Album, 10 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
This is an excellent album, containing brilliant songs such as Kaya, Easy Skanking etc. It is a very easy listening album and worth the buy. I would also check out his Greatest Hits ablum if I were You!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 19 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Kaya (Audio CD)
I was only thirteen when I bought this incredible album and have held it high in my top five albums of all time ever since. It is more mellow than Marley's previous masterpiece's and includes one of the wailer's greatest songs ever 'Is This Love'. Buy all of Bob Marley's albums and you will be able to listen to the greatest musician of all time any time you want. R.I.P Bob Marley.

Kaya