5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, guaranteed
I bought this to use with my bicycle when I take it to university. Overkill? Perhaps, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Published 14 months ago by Sacha Corazzi

1.0 out of 5 stars trap!!!
Published 6 months ago by Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, guaranteed, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 1016 Integrated Chain - 10 mm x 160 cm (Automotive)

After several months of hauling it in my backpack (along with laptop, books, toolkits, and more!), I decided to start leaving it locked up at university to save me some back trouble later in life. This is a rather heavy lock (I would weigh it if it was at home with me), and actually weighs more than my bike itself!

As for security, it's great. No one is getting through this without extreme difficulty. I only say that because any lock can be broken given enough time and patience; I'd be more worried about a potential thief destroying/stealing what the bike is actually locked to, it'd probably be easier.

If you're going to be using this lock with a bicycle that has quick release wheels like mine, I'd advise you purchase the lock alongside a cable, such as the Kryptonite Kryptoflex 7 ft Cable Lock (10 mm x 213 cm), which you can snake through your wheels and lock up to this chain.

You get 3 keys with this lock: one main key that has a blue LED inside (useful for seeing the lock in the dark, but I've not had to use it yet, personally) and 2 spares. If you do buy, remember to register your keys with Kryptonite should they get lost or stolen (they have numbers on them).

All in all, very happy with the lock. I'd gladly leave my bike all day at uni without fear of it going walkies... well, ridies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid lock, 4 Feb 2013
Bought for my sons motorbike. A really good strong lock, if you register it can get replacement key which is handy. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars peace of mind, 20 Sep 2012
great lock,peace of mind if you leave your bike anywhere even though its on the heavy side its worth its wieght! easily wrapped around the front of the frame behind the handlebars, so easy to carry too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid and heavy lock, 26 Jun 2014
This lock it's perfect and secure but its heavy. Not always you can get what you want and in this case, despite that I choose to carry this heavy lock I always know that my bike will be in the place where I leave it.

I also use this for the front wheel: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005YPK9VQ/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_5 for the front wheel

4.0 out of 5 stars Locked Down, 9 Feb 2014
Right now I use the chain for when I go on trips into London for added security and it has not let me down.

Pros: heavy duty and well made, sold secure gold
Cons: it is very heavy

Yes the chain is heavy, but it is a chain so you get what you pay for, I personally wear it around my waist or coiled on the top tube of my bike.

The lock that comes with it is nice and solid and I use it at uni outside of London with just a small kryptonite cable which does the trick, but for when I am in London both of them are on my bike and I have good piece of mind that i will be there when I return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
First rate.

1.0 out of 5 stars trap!!!, 11 Jan 2014
Bunch of morons!!!!....don't bother.....useless service as they sent me a differnt lock and not evan that, they didn't attach the keys!! As I have now sent back the lock explaining the situation that it was the wrong lock and had no keys with it which is absolutely ridiculous they are now telling me that they cannot do a refund until they have received the keys!!! Makes me laugh! Go elsewhere to buy it.