5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest show on earth !,
Published on 27 Nov 2007 by Simon

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but too dull and irritating
I bought this thinking it would be so cool to have daft punk live, but if I were you I'd find some more underground sets they did, there is one from 1997 which kicks this albums BUTT.

I'd buy the first album. The main beef I have with this album is the annoying crowd noises which continue throughout as if to remind me it's a live show.
Published on 14 Jan 2011 by Hey MICKEY 5000!4xx

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest show on earth !,, 27 Nov 2007
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
Daft Punk are usually regarded as a 'dance' act but the truth is that, whilst they know how to make great house music, they long since transcended any trend or genre. I was lucky enough to witness them headline the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London as part of the Alive 2007 Tour and they ABSOLUTELY BLEW MY MIND!! I'm not just saying that for affect...I have honestly never seen such a great live show. Completely original and totally brilliant.

This live set consists of snatches of HOMEWORK, DISCOVERY and the under-rated HUMAN AFTER ALL (Daft Punk's three classic and ground-breaking studio albums) mixed and mashed up almost like a DJ set but better than any DJ set you could begin to imagine. And arguably, some of the tracks sound better live than recorded - more bass, more energy.

And by some stroke of crazy genius, this recording (of the show at Bercy in Paris in June 2007) truly manages to capture the noise, ferocious energy and sheer massiveness of the Daft Punk live experience. You just have to hear it and hear it loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Harder Better Faster Stronger, 28 Jun 2008
Craig Mcilravey "Skrogs" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
Although I would never have declared myself a Daft Punk fan I have always been aware of them and their more popular tracks. Then one day a friend of mine told me this was the best album he had heard for an age - much septisism followed - then another friend heaped much of the same praise upon it too; so I bought it.

I had to agree with them.

From start to finish it is simply flows from killer tune, to irresistable hook back to another amazing tune. If you want people up and dancing in any situation this is the album for you.

Even the slower, less strong portions feel as if they are simply giving you a rest from the manic bouncing and shape pulling you will have shamed yourself with.

This album is the majority of DP's better tracks mashed, cut and fused together - doing a better job than any supposed best of - to make arguably the best dance record of all time.

Due to this album Daft Punk are a priorty "Must See" band. Simply, if you like good tunes, a bit of bass and want to step away from the overplayed indie scene - then this is the alum for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest show on earth !, 27 Nov 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Immense!, 11 Feb 2008
Mr. Neil Horner "Northern Muse" (Cheshire,UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
This is not my typical current listening but it is fantastic, better even as a live document than Kraftwerk's Minimum Maximum, better than the studio originals and mixed together in a totally innovative way. I am already on my second copy having given the first away to a deserving friend - like a previous reviewer said "Play loud!".

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't normally buy live albums but..., 10 May 2011
Mr. S. Gordon (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
...in this case I make an exception because Daft Punk are so much different live than they are on record. Well worth a listen whether you've seen them live or not. All their best known songs are on here, mixed altogether of course.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS DAFT PUNK!!!!, 5 Mar 2008
Mr. J. D. Hebron (Tyneside) - See all my reviews
Simply the best!

I have every CD & DVD released by Daft Punk & this is by far the best ever (why it got deleted & then re-issued in such a short space of time I don't know?).
What makes this extra special is the fact that it's recorded in the artist's home town of Bercy (near Paris) in June 2007 so they've really pulled out all the stops to make this fantastic!
Please be aware when you listen that this is NOT a DJ set where Daft Punk are simply mixing a few of their own songs together. They actually somehow reconstructed all the tracks as they are performing with each song sounding very similar to the original recording but completely different.

Even if you've already got Homework, Discovery etc you'll absolutely love this live performance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft Punk...Alive 2007!!!!!!!!!!, 26 Nov 2007
M. QUINN (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
If you like dance music you will love Alive 2007! I was at the O2 gig in Leeds 3 days after this was recorded and it was the best thing i have ever seen or heard!!!!!

Amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 8 Nov 2007
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
just like to say that this gig at wireless was the best live performance ive ever seen! a must have cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate live albums but this... this is Superb., 20 May 2010
Russell (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alive 2007 (MP3 Download)
I'll admit it: I'm a live album luddite, a hater if you will.

I can't bear how the live albums consist of songs that have already been released, mangled by a new arrangement, muddied by bad acoustics and knackered musicians and sullied by a chanting mob whooping out the greatest hits in a toe-curlingly out of tune manner. To quote a stand up comedian my attitude could best be described as "make it sound like it does on the album.... no tricks!".

I am also a big Daft Punk fan, they have done great things and their space in my album collection is virtually hallowed ground. I can only point you to the infectious optimistic delight that is Discovery as proof.

Imagine my surprise when I found that the Daft Punk live album that I listened to with such trepidation was actually possibly the pinnacle of their recorded career.
They have taken tracks from Homework, Discovery and Human After All ripped them apart and put them back together as a sprawling beast of compelling driving beats lifted up and given focus and direction by fantastic tunes from all over their previous work.

Make no mistake, this is much more than the sum of its parts and a truly great album, live or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing!, 10 Mar 2008
This review is from: Alive 2007 (Audio CD)
I've always been more into bands like The Cure and Pink Floyd but every now and then i'll try a random cd from the dance section in a hope that one day i'll build up a nice collection. After discovering Gabriel & Dresden, Digitalism and SMD i thought i'd check out Daft Punk last week for the first time. Picked up 'Alive 2007' and stuck in on in car on the journey home. Let's just say my 20minute journey home ended up 45minutes as i didn't want to turn it off!
The first track is perfect to get you in the mood, and having now listened to the album versions i can say that these live mixes are seemless and perfect. Each song just rolls into the next and the vocals are let lose with perfect timing.
Highlights: usually i'd pick some..but the whole cd is amazing. It's is one of those rare cds you can play from start to finish with no fast forwarding and no track skipping.
A fantastic advertisement for this type of music...if people who did not like anything dance related heard this instead of all the rubbish that you often hear then they would likely have a change of heart!
It's just jumped straight into the top 5 cds in my collection!

Alive 2007