on 16 July 2010
This heat pad performs extremely well, when instructions are followed. There is a timed safety cut off point if you have a senior moment and forget to switch it off. The cover is attractive and washable. I can recommend this to anyone who needs heat to reduce pain. I have had one of these pads for several years, with no problems.
0Comment63 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2012
This is a wonderful product. It is of a good size and I have found that the heat settings work fine. I normally use the highest setting and although at first it does not feel hot after some moments the feeling is of comfort and it did help to relieve pain for the length of the neuralgia which lasted about one month. Now I use it at nigh for warmth sometimes or if there is a touch of stiffness around the shoulder. I do recommend this little gem. There is also a nice feeling to the cover and it being washable is another good point.
0Comment44 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2010
I had the one of Beurer heat pad for probably 8 years and was very happy with it. Unfortunately nothing last forever and I had to buy a new one. I am using Beurer HK35 heat pad for 6 month now and it's working properly. Only one disappointment that the max temperature is not so hot anymore, not like it was in the old one, because of the EU regulations but this apply to all pads now.
11 comment60 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2013
If you're buying this item in order to treat muscular pain ( back pain in my case) then you may, initially be disappointed in the heat output of this item. Especially if you were previously using a hot water bottle and had become accustomed to its intense heat radiating 2 or 3 inches into your body. This heat pad will not do that, nor is it designed to.

I was, I have to admit, initially disappointed in the heat output of what is, (lets face it) , just a small electric blanket. But what I have found is that it gives a warm glow to the affected areas. This is on heat setting "3", I have no idea why they have settings 1 and 2 as their heat output seems very low indeed. It's easy to see why this has come about; The manufacturer has gone to great lengths to ensure the safety of the user, to the extent of prioritising safety above usefulness. Great emphasis is also placed on its ability to switch off after 90 minutes- another safety feature. On setting 3 the surface of the pad sits in the region of 35 to 38 degrees centigrade. Which sounds OK until you realise the normal temperature of human skin is in the region of 33 degrees centigrade.

In use, it does give a very pleasant glow and ( surprisingly?) I find it is just as useful in relieving back pain as a hot water bottle. And a lot more convenient to use. It is thin, which means you can place it beneath your back whilst sleeping; something which is more difficult to do with a hot water bottle.

It's a well made item, it has a natty washable fabric cover which is just as well, because it does gets a bit sweaty. The control switch has a nice , chunky "retro" feel to it. The cable is 1.5 metres long ( from the plug to the control switch) which is, I think just the right length.

Good value , well made item, it is nowhere near as hot as a Hot Water Bottle but it does, in my experience relieve muscular lower back pain successfully. I'd happily buy another.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I deliberately didn't review this when I bought it to make sure what I write here is accurate. And now, as I had it for more then four months, I can say, "Yes, it is a good purchase!"! Whether menstrual pains, or back aches, or kidney stone/gall stone attacks.. it's good to have it at hand and does a very nice job of warming up your feet too after a cold day's venture.

It came in a nice box, with instructions in various languages and other papers. It has a cable you can unplug for easy storage. Mine came with a UK-type plug.

Pictures for details! Do recommend!
review image review image review image review image review image
on 5 February 2013
This item is not fit for use by anyone who needs to put it behind them in a chair to warm back muscles.
The instructions say that you must only place it over your body (over the shoulders) and if you even have a pillow over it in error it will not ever work again!

I am very grateful to Amazon for returning my money, but I also feel that they should stop selling it. It may be that European Safety Rules are in force, hence the extreme safety measures, but if this was bought for anyone needing warmth in bed etc then it would be an expensive waste of money.

It might be why a number of customers have said that it cut out and had to be replaced.
0Comment37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2010
I bought this heatpad, thinking because it was not the cheapest available on Amazon, that it would be a superior product. What a mistake! Withing 2 weeks the heatpad just stopped working. I contacted Amazon, who I have to say, were fantastic, they immediately sent me a replacement (the same heatpad, before I had even returned the one which had stopped working) and issued a prepaid returns docket, and I have to say I was delighted with their customer service and would have no hesitation in continuing to shop with Amazon because of this. However, my replacement heatpad has now stopped working, again after 2 weeks so I believe that their must be a problem with this batch of heatpads. I am very disappointed and will be phoning Amazon today to arrange the return of this second heatpad. Needless to say, I will not be accepting a replacement this time and will be asking for a refund so I can choose another heatpad, which will be by another maker, I have totally lost trust in Beurer products, which are supposed to be quality products and are certainly not the cheapest!
33 comments54 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2012
Bad backs are a real pain aren't they!? I bought this for my wife and she is happy with it. The heating element is 100 watts and my wife finds this quite adequate; sometimes having it on level 3 and sometimes (when it gets too hot) putting it down to level 2. A 100 watt light bulb is a pretty hot bulb though clearly the heat through a pad isn't so localised as a bulb. However, 100watts is not cool by any means. The control button is very positive, is clear to read and easy to operate. This web site (amongst others) explains the help afforded by heating a back which is giving pain and our GP also recommended heat treatment:

[...]

There is a thermal safety cut out and there is advice about not over-smothering the blanket with bedding and such like. Unfortunately it would appear that if the blanket cuts out it needs to be sent away to have it re-set but so far we have had no problem. I suppose it's a question of taking care not to completely cover the thing. This is a difficult issue to judge correctly because the whole purpose of the pad is to have it placed against the body at the same time as keeping it in place. My wife sits in an arm chair and places the pad at her lower back. It is sandwiched between her back and a cushion but we try to make sure the pad is exposed at the edges. I would guess that the cut out is somewhere near the electrical gadgetry at the entry point. My wife thought it would have been nicer to have a fleecy cover but the provided cover may be more robust in use and help prevent over-heating for the safety cut out. The electric lead is a little over 2 metres and we found that an extension lead was needed but that's a minor issue.
22 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 October 2012
It does what it says and warms up quickly to a decent heat. It works well but doesn't feel as nice as my old heat pad therefore only 4 stars. My old one had a nice fleece cover on it. This is a much thinner cotton cover which makes the pad feel firmer because of the plastic on the inner pad. However, the heat comes through well. The 90 minute switch-off is a good feature as I have frequently forgotten to turn it off. I have now had it several months and still going strong.
on 17 January 2015
This product worked fine for 2 years but then suddenly developed electric fault and singed sheets. I cannot recommend it.
review image review image