5.0 out of 5 stars beurer heat pad
This heat pad performs extremely well, when instructions are followed. There is a timed safety cut off point if you have a senior moment and forget to switch it off. The cover is attractive and washable. I can recommend this to anyone who needs heat to reduce pain. I have had one of these pads for several years, with no problems.
Published on 16 July 2010 by browl

1.0 out of 5 stars Something seriously wrong with this product!
Published on 30 April 2010 by K. E. Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars beurer heat pad, 16 July 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Beurer HK35 Heat Pad, 20 July 2012
Dr. M. Naish "MGyJ" (Berkshire. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
This is a wonderful product. It is of a good size and I have found that the heat settings work fine. I normally use the highest setting and although at first it does not feel hot after some moments the feeling is of comfort and it did help to relieve pain for the length of the neuralgia which lasted about one month. Now I use it at nigh for warmth sometimes or if there is a touch of stiffness around the shoulder. I do recommend this little gem. There is also a nice feeling to the cover and it being washable is another good point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beurer heat pad, 23 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
I had the one of Beurer heat pad for probably 8 years and was very happy with it. Unfortunately nothing last forever and I had to buy a new one. I am using Beurer HK35 heat pad for 6 month now and it's working properly. Only one disappointment that the max temperature is not so hot anymore, not like it was in the old one, because of the EU regulations but this apply to all pads now.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 23 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
Bad backs are a real pain aren't they!? I bought this for my wife and she is happy with it. The heating element is 100 watts and my wife finds this quite adequate; sometimes having it on level 3 and sometimes (when it gets too hot) putting it down to level 2. A 100 watt light bulb is a pretty hot bulb though clearly the heat through a pad isn't so localised as a bulb. However, 100watts is not cool by any means. The control button is very positive, is clear to read and easy to operate. This web site (amongst others) explains the help afforded by heating a back which is giving pain and our GP also recommended heat treatment:

[...]

There is a thermal safety cut out and there is advice about not over-smothering the blanket with bedding and such like. Unfortunately it would appear that if the blanket cuts out it needs to be sent away to have it re-set but so far we have had no problem. I suppose it's a question of taking care not to completely cover the thing. This is a difficult issue to judge correctly because the whole purpose of the pad is to have it placed against the body at the same time as keeping it in place. My wife sits in an arm chair and places the pad at her lower back. It is sandwiched between her back and a cushion but we try to make sure the pad is exposed at the edges. I would guess that the cut out is somewhere near the electrical gadgetry at the entry point. My wife thought it would have been nicer to have a fleecy cover but the provided cover may be more robust in use and help prevent over-heating for the safety cut out. The electric lead is a little over 2 metres and we found that an extension lead was needed but that's a minor issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
If you're buying this item in order to treat muscular pain ( back pain in my case) then you may, initially be disappointed in the heat output of this item. Especially if you were previously using a hot water bottle and had become accustomed to its intense heat radiating 2 or 3 inches into your body. This heat pad will not do that, nor is it designed to.

I was, I have to admit, initially disappointed in the heat output of what is, (lets face it) , just a small electric blanket. But what I have found is that it gives a warm glow to the affected areas. This is on heat setting "3", I have no idea why they have settings 1 and 2 as their heat output seems very low indeed. It's easy to see why this has come about; The manufacturer has gone to great lengths to ensure the safety of the user, to the extent of prioritising safety above usefulness. Great emphasis is also placed on its ability to switch off after 90 minutes- another safety feature. On setting 3 the surface of the pad sits in the region of 35 to 38 degrees centigrade. Which sounds OK until you realise the normal temperature of human skin is in the region of 33 degrees centigrade.

In use, it does give a very pleasant glow and ( surprisingly?) I find it is just as useful in relieving back pain as a hot water bottle. And a lot more convenient to use. It is thin, which means you can place it beneath your back whilst sleeping; something which is more difficult to do with a hot water bottle.

It's a well made item, it has a natty washable fabric cover which is just as well, because it does gets a bit sweaty. The control switch has a nice , chunky "retro" feel to it. The cable is 1.5 metres long ( from the plug to the control switch) which is, I think just the right length.

Good value , well made item, it is nowhere near as hot as a Hot Water Bottle but it does, in my experience relieve muscular lower back pain successfully. I'd happily buy another.

1.0 out of 5 stars Something seriously wrong with this product!, 30 April 2010
K. E. Johnston "catladyk" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
I bought this heatpad, thinking because it was not the cheapest available on Amazon, that it would be a superior product. What a mistake! Withing 2 weeks the heatpad just stopped working. I contacted Amazon, who I have to say, were fantastic, they immediately sent me a replacement (the same heatpad, before I had even returned the one which had stopped working) and issued a prepaid returns docket, and I have to say I was delighted with their customer service and would have no hesitation in continuing to shop with Amazon because of this. However, my replacement heatpad has now stopped working, again after 2 weeks so I believe that their must be a problem with this batch of heatpads. I am very disappointed and will be phoning Amazon today to arrange the return of this second heatpad. Needless to say, I will not be accepting a replacement this time and will be asking for a refund so I can choose another heatpad, which will be by another maker, I have totally lost trust in Beurer products, which are supposed to be quality products and are certainly not the cheapest!

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS ITEM CUTS OUT PERMANENTLY IF LEANED ON! DO NOT BUY IT, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
This item is not fit for use by anyone who needs to put it behind them in a chair to warm back muscles.
The instructions say that you must only place it over your body (over the shoulders) and if you even have a pillow over it in error it will not ever work again!

I am very grateful to Amazon for returning my money, but I also feel that they should stop selling it. It may be that European Safety Rules are in force, hence the extreme safety measures, but if this was bought for anyone needing warmth in bed etc then it would be an expensive waste of money.

It might be why a number of customers have said that it cut out and had to be replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warms up quickly, 8 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
It does what it says and warms up quickly to a decent heat. It works well but doesn't feel as nice as my old heat pad therefore only 4 stars. My old one had a nice fleece cover on it. This is a much thinner cotton cover which makes the pad feel firmer because of the plastic on the inner pad. However, the heat comes through well. The 90 minute switch-off is a good feature as I have frequently forgotten to turn it off. I have now had it several months and still going strong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but cover is destroyed by washing., 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
The operation of the pad is fine - works as described. It is, however, not as comfortable as it should be. The edges of the pad are rough and anyone with sensitive skin may find it uncomfortable, as I have.

But the worst part is that the claim that cover is washable is a farce. Technically, it may be true - but the fabric is cheap and frays badly and there is so little excess at the seam that it falls apart on the first washing, making the entire product next to useless, since the pad itself is plastic and would be miserable against the skin. By the way, I have two of these things, and both covers came apart on washing.

Though the heating pad works as it should, which is what resulted in the two stars given, the product as a whole does not perform because of the cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for lower back ache, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad (Personal Care)
I have now bought two of these, one for myself about four months ago, which really helps with my continuing lower back pain, especially when I come in from walking around. Its so soothing to lean back against this heated pad as it covers my whole lower back. Unlike a microwaveable heat pack that I can't get to stay in the right place, it is also better as it has constant heat for 90 minutes which is enough to take the edge of the pain, rather than the microwave packs where I have to keep getting up to reheat them. Its so good I bought one for my friend too when she hurt her back. Its 18 inch by 12 inch. Basically if you have lower back pain, you should have one of these.

Beurer HK35 Electronic Heat Pad