on 12 December 2011
This is a haunting and poignant song. Absolutely brilliant. Heard Leona Lewis cover it on the X Factor at Wembley yesterday - a very good version, and easily the best song on the night by a very long way, but nowhere near as good as Johnny Cash's rendition, especially when you watch the video and see and hear the context of someone in their twilight years, just before the darkness, musing on what has been...
on 21 March 2015
I heard this on the radio and it struck a real cord . A song originally by nine inch nails . This recording by the late Johnny Cash is as moving and powerful as I have ever heard.You can feel the pain and helplessness as the song builds. It is not depressing but it let's you know that whatever the age at certain times we all have moments when we reflect on our life. I have now started to listen to Johnny Cash with new ears someone I thought was another country and western singer.How wrong I was If you have read this far I would recommend that you l listen to this track and see what you make of it.
Cattonlad.
on 2 June 2013
What a song to bow out with, absolutely brilliant track that means so much to his fans and to Johnny
on 10 March 2012
Heard this song a lot recently so wanted to download it. It is a fantastic, moody song. A must for anyone. Only thing I would say is that it's a shame that you have to pay a bit more for Amazon downloads than itunes store.
on 26 January 2013
A fantastic experience, taking the NIne Inch Nails classic to a new level. This song should be an anthem for all those who are excluded and estranged from society and though it amplifies themes of hurt there is still hope
on 31 January 2013
This song suits Johnny's voice and tone perfectly. You feel you are there with him sharing emotion of the song. Amazing cover version. very pleased with purchase.
on 27 February 2012
Johnny Cash's Cover of Hurt has got to be one of my all time favourite songs, and for a 90's kid, that should speak quite a lot for the power of this song...
on 22 March 2013
As cover versions go this has got to be one of the best there is. There is so much feeling in this song, I love it. Johnny Cash, a true master.
on 13 January 2013
This is a very profound song, sung by Cash as only he can .Very moving and provocative. One of his best songs in my opinion.
on 6 May 2012
fantastic ;)love this song fast download the best song ever not more i can say really. download now so worth the money.