Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 5 August 2012
Unfortunately, I am old enough to have an original American Pie LP and have always rated Don Maclean's music. This is a good collection of his songs and some covers. Some of these a bit dated now, like Birthday Song and Fools Paradise, sounding very 60's, but there are some great classics.
on 8 June 2012
I had forgotten just how good a singer and songwriter Don is and was,you will fall in love with his voice all over again and
be back with the band of people called the Troubadors,none of the present crop of performers compare to this man
on 10 October 2015
Something of a trip down memory lane for this artist who we sang along to on the way to family holidays in Cornwall! These well crafted songs ahve stood the test of time and should continue to delight a range of listeners both old and young
on 29 January 2011
As I am over 13 and pushing 75 I was pleased to locate and purchase this CD from Amazon. American Pie of course for it's verve and snappy presentation, a sort of 'grab you by the arm' presentation. It seems tireless and as fresh now as when I first heard it so many years ago. STARRY STARRY NIGHT although much shorter is very emotive for anyone else who like myself is aware, if only vaguely, of the biography of Vincent Van Gogh and how his brother Theodore helped him to stay alive with gifts of cash and food parcels. The remainder of this CD is pleasant and acceptable, some new to me and some well known.
on 2 April 2014
Don McLean at his best. The original "American Pie" album is the original classic, but with I think 7 tracks from there on this compilation it's all good.

"Empty Chairs" and "Vincent". Need I say more?
on 9 June 2014
Many moons ago, I had the vinyl of American Pie and wanted to have the best bits of that Album as well as some other hits: this is just perfect! Do be sure to listen to Crossroads...surely the best song McLean has ever written?
on 17 June 2013
I BOUGHT THIS C.D FOR MYSELF AND THOUGHT IT WAS SUPERB, THE SOUND QUALITY OF THE C.D IS EXCELLENT, IT CAME ON TIME AND WELL PACKAGED, GOOD QUALITY C.D AT A FAIR PRICE, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS C.C TO ALL MUSIC LOVERS.
on 2 February 2016
It was hard to choose between the many CDs available from Don McLean. This one's got lots of tracks you'll already know from the Radio, but also excellent choice of lesser known tracks. We love it.
on 14 September 2013
Don McLean has a wonderfully melodic voice. His songs bring back many happy memories for me and I've also enjoyed listening to some of his songs I hadn't heard before.
on 8 January 2014
So glad we've finally got this CD! Wanted to introduce my son to the delights of Don McLean's music .. sweet and sometimes very sad lyrics, but always beautiful.