5.0 out of 5 stars UV mad to miss this one!
What a great value product! The three filters come in a superb little carrying case and do their job perfectly adequately, the adjustable Polarizing filter is particularly helpful for longer exposures and water glare and the UV provides cheap insurance against accidental lense damage.
Why pay this much for just one UV when you can get a selection of three and a...
Published on 23 Oct 2010 by STENSDEN

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure about the "professional" coating
These filters look well made, fit perfectly and are supplied in a nice little case so they would appear to be a bargain when compared to more popular brands.

After a couple of months use though I am not so convinced about the coatings on the UV filter as I seem to get a lot more reflected glare across the lens than without it. Also I haven't noticed much...
Published on 2 July 2011 by Tekmar

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Zeikos ZE-FLK52 52mm Professional MULTI-COATED Glass Filter Kit UV Polarizer Flourescent (Electronics)
Arrived very promptly. I was surprised by the great quality for such a low price. Fits perfectly on my Panasonic Lumix FZ45. Would definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 18 May 2011
These filters are great for kit lenses or budget lenses, but you get what you pay for, I got a couple of minor defects on the glass, but nothing serious that might affect your pictures. I'm very happy with this buy, but if you have more expensive lenses, I'd recommend spending a few extra £. But again, very happy with what I got for such a low price.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., 10 Aug 2010
I have a Lumix G1 (It's excellent by the way..if you're thinking of buying a dSLR, you won't go far wrong with this), and I'm new to photography, so have been reading up on the subject on various sites etc. It seems that a good UV filter, and a good polarizing filter are a 'must' in any photographer's kit bag, and the UV filter can be left on the lens as a protective cover, as it only blocks UV, (funnily enough). I bought this kit of filters for £3.85 (Strange how the price of things change from one day to the next...), as I thought I could afford to loose a few quid if they were rubbish. As it turns out, their construction is quite good considering their cheap price - how a company can make stuff like this and sell it for just over a quid a filter is a mystery. The fact that they appear to come from Japan further gives the impression that they must be reasonable. However, I can't see any evidence from my photographs that they actually do much at all. The UV filter fits onto the front of my lens via the 52mm filter thread, and I can't quite make up my mind whether or not it is in contact with the top of the lens. I assume that these filters are a standard size, so I must assume that it's just very close to the lens! I took 100 pictures with it on at Twycross Zoo, and 100 with it off, and I'm sure some of the ones with it fitted are slightly out of focus. If you assume that the lens is a precision piece of optics, and I'm sticking a piece of glass over the front of it, worth less than a quid, I wouldn't be surprised if I'd altered the lens's focusing capabilities.
I also tried the polarizing filter at different angles to photograph a pond displaying a fair amount of glare. The ploarizing filter made no difference what-so-ever. Am I surprised? Not really, as a 'decent' polarizing filter for my G1 is at least £50! I've ditched the UV filter and bought a professional one from Hoya. At least you can be sure that their filters are going to do what they say 'on the tin'. I haven't tried the fluorescent filter, as I have White Balance on the camera which can compensate for for fluorescent lighting.
Soooo, if you want to give these a go, be prepared to throw away a fiver. You may have more luck with them, as the other reviewers seem to have done, but when it comes to putting things over the expensive lens of your expensive camera, you might want to buy something a little less cheap. They do come in a nice little case though, which can be used to house your more expensive filters, as you get them. The case is worth the money on its own!

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for chromatic aberations on the UV lens (night), 5 Feb 2012
James Kent (London) - See all my reviews
Whilst this is great value, partly I got it (perhaps it's just me) to fix the UV on my 50mm as a protector. It's great during the day, but at night bright light sources introduce aberrations and lens flare (if those are the right terms). It's annoying - definitely the UV filter as without it the problems disappeared on the same shot.

Circular polariser does its job pretty well.

Don't regret buying, as it's cheap. Will be ordering a better UV filter ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Zeikos Filters, 10 Feb 2011
Great value for the price. Clearly not in the same specification as the filters in the £40-£50 per filter bracket. Ideal for the novice, amateur. Filters come in handy pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 17 Sep 2014
This item is great value, great quality and delivered promptly. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zeikos Filters., 2 Mar 2012
I purchased this product a few weeks ago it arrived on time and appears to work well. I have no complaints a good purchase and filters come a case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 21 Dec 2011
These are really high quality and to a great a finish. My friend has a Canon 7D and he only got the filters whereas these come in a great High Quality luxury case. When I saw the price I thought they'd be bog-standard and I took a risk but that risk has paid off and I'm really impressed with this product. Would recommend it to anyone. I got my filters for the Lumix g2

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Sony A-290, 23 April 2011
A good set of filters which fit perfectly on the 18-55mm lens for my Sony A-290. You get a great case to keep them safe in and the good thing is you can also put the lens cap on with the filter so you don't have to constantly change it if you tend to use the filter a lot.
Great for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zeikos Lens, 3 Feb 2011
I'm using these lenses on my Lumix fz-100...and these three lenses come in a well-packed box. All of these lenses are really good...and help to take brilliant more vivid pictures...and protects the original camera lenses as well...

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›