4.0 out of 5 stars Minor gripes only at this price
Given the incredibly modest price point for a motorised screen of decent size, I was half expecting to have to send this back or add it to my collection of dust gathering 'good idea at the time' purchases!

It is, instead, happily mounted on my wall delighting me with the knowledge that I paid no more elsewhere.

I have a fairly high end 1080p...
Published on 15 July 2011 by Thirdrael

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable starter screen
I bought this screen in February 2013, so I have had it for approximately 10 months, easily long enough to give it a fair review.

Initially I was very happy with my purchase; under £90 delivered for a motorised 106" screen isn't too shabby!
Published 19 months ago by DougyS

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable starter screen, 17 Dec. 2013

It was delivered soon after purchase; it did take the help of my brother to install it, as it is a big beast. There was a bit of a smell after unboxing, but it didn't last too long and wasn't that bad as I remember.
I bought it to use with my new BenQ W1070, so I wasn't prepared to spend too much money to pair it with a budget projector.

I have been a home cinema geek for a couple of decades and have owned a fair number of AV units and large screen TVs in that time, but I have never ever really got close to creating the cinema experience in my living room. This was my first foray into the projection world and wasn't really sure just how much I needed to spend to get something half decent. In total with my screen, projector and leads it cost under £1000, far less than some of the TVs I have owned.

As I said I was very happy with the picture quality. It certainly is an impressive looking bright screen which may be a problem in a bat-cave, but it does have its advantages if you want to watch Sky soccer Sunday in the summer with curtains which aren't the greatest at blocking out sunlight.

Ok I'm rambling... let's sum up its good points:

1 Cheap, giant, bright screen
2 Good Picture
3 Motorised
4 Well made for the money

The motor is pretty quick and not too noisy. I have found though that it can be a little temperamental, on at least half a dozen times in the first week or so the screen came down or went up all by itself. I was going to return it because of this problem/fault, but then it settled down and this has only happened maybe a couple of times since. I have an inkling that because it is an RF unit, it may be possible that it could have been triggered by a neighbour's car remote! All of these screens seem to be controlled by RF, personally I would have preferred IR so I could program my Logitech Harmony One remote to control it.

After owning one of these screens, I now know why serious home cinema screens costs a lot of money. After a while these cheaper non tab-tensioned screens start to ripple and bow. This is exactly what happened to mine, it wasn't too noticeable at first but after maybe 5 to 6 months I could see a substantial amount of curl at both outward edges. My wife doesn't notice it and to be honest even now it doesn't detract too much from the viewing experience.
I can see it if the camera pans across the screen slowly but because I know the problem I am always on the lookout for it.

Bad points:
1 Temperamental motorisation (I may be just unlucky)
2 Curling at the edges
3 Bright screen (may be too bright for some set-ups)

In conclusion this is a well-made CHEAP screen which was ideal for me to dip my toes into the world of home projection. I know I made the right choice in getting a screen and projector. I use it every day and watch almost everything on it (my 60" Plasma TV is feeling a little neglected), Movies and Sport in particular look out of this world and finally at last I have managed to bring the cinema into my living room... I think the only person not too impressed with it, is my neighbour, as she is now hearing the full effect of my AV every evening!

Because of the curling issue, I am thinking of upgrading sometime in the near future, possibly to the Allcam 120" tab-tensioned screen sold here for £149. It does sound very cheap for a GOOD tab-tensioned screen and also the small amount of reviews are a little mixed. I just don't want to spend more than it cost for my projector on a screen!

4.0 out of 5 stars Minor gripes only at this price, 15 July 2011
This review is from: PCW92ME 92" HD Projector Screen 16:9 Widescreen Matte White Electric Motorised w/ Remote Control (Electronics)

I have a fairly high end 1080p projector, so if the screen was lacking I suspect the image would expose it.

No issue here, in terms of picture quality, 5 stars awarded.

My minor gripes are:
1) On the aesthetic: about an inch exposed at either end for the mounting bracket is not the most elegant design, would have been better if the screen casing had fully covered on hanging and the power cable protrudes somewhat too.
2) Limited cable: You can only power from the right hand side and, thanks to the attached control box, the cable is not long enough to run discreetly to the other end if that is where your preferred power outlet is. Until I get a friendly sparky to extend the cable I am therefore stuck with 'cable drape'!

Other reviews have commented on noisy motor. I do not find this an issue, not least given I only drop and raise before / after a film so no big deal even if was loud (which I don't think it is).

Arguably could do with a little more weight on the base to ensure rigid flat screen, but no material distortion or swaying on my set up so again just fine.

These very minor gripes result in the loss of one star, but I challenge you to find an alternative that delivers so well for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 1 April 2010
Installed in one of our spare rooms it almost fills the back wall at close to 9 feet. The screen drop is just right for a normal size room too and it stops automatically at just the right spot for me. It's a fairly basic build, a bit utilitarian, and I imagine you can get something of better quality but you'd pay a lot more. The motorised mechanism is relatively quiet and shuts off automatically on full extension/closing. The remote control is a nice addition. My particular example was a little tatty and had to be cleaned in some areas (not the screen though). On the black borders of the screen, it looks a little washed out and touching in the black with a marker or something helps the overall appearance. Maybe this was just mine. Watching Blu Ray films through my Optoma HD200X, the contrast and colour are superb and the "brightness" of the screen is just right for home theatre.
All in all, I feel this is value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant screen - once it's fitted, 5 Dec. 2011
D Jones (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
The screen itself is excellent - it really is a high quality product for the money and the quality of images projected onto it is fantastic. It's surprisingly inconspicuous when the screen is in its casing but has a real 'wow' factor when used in a home cinema setup.

Another big plus point is that there's quite a large amount of 'extra' black border above the screen itself so that the top of the screen can either sit directly under the housing, or a good foot or so lower down - great for fine-tuning the best set-up for your projector.

Also the operation of the motor is very smooth and quieter than I'd been led to expect from some of the other reviews.

All in all a fantastic screen for the money - BUT be prepared for some heartache getting it up in the first place, which is why I've only given it four stars and not five.

There are no instructions included on how to fit it to the wall, and some of the fixings included in the pack didn't seem to be the right size. We spent a frustrating afternoon trying and failing to fit the screen using the parts provided, and ended up having to resort to using our own screws and Rawl plugs for two of the holes.

But if you're comfortable with a little DIY, you shouldn't let that get in the way of what's still probably the best screen of this size that you can get for this money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic- I've bought 5 so far, 17 May 2014
I have purchased 5 of these screens over the past 2 years- not because they break, but because they are so good. I have a building company and when we are refurbishing clients houses, if it will fit I always recommend one of these screens.

I first had a 120" version myself and was very happy with it, I have since purchased the 92" version as well.

I have been so impressed I have even on 3 occasions installed the housing in the ceiling crated a small gap big just big enough for the bar at the bottom if the screen to pass through meaning the screen and casing is completely hidden and emerges from the ceiling when required. If you want to do this, white 15mm plastic stop beads are excellent for trimming the appeture.

There are a couple of drawbacks for basic installation, fixings, cable position is short, cable position is fixed. However, if you are half sensible this won't be an issue.

I will almost certainly be installing another one of these screens sometime soon.

Importantly think about your chosen projector and it's throw range and position , as well as your room size while deciding your screen size. I would highly recommend googling 'projector Central' and using there great calculator tool to see how your system will fit and perform.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 5 Feb. 2013
5 star - if there had been a sixth star I would have given it. absolutely fab product, fab price, fab packaging and delivery (next day) the screen is brilliant and vibrant on our blu rays, dvds and xbox games. highly recomend this screen, the motor is quick and quiet, and it hangs very easily.the only one gripe that I had was with the measurements given in description - it says that it is 300cm with casing, however it also has a 3cm cable plug that sticks out beyond this, my room is exactly 301 cm so I had to chop out a small piece of plaster. Not a real big isue but if your room is tighter you may have a problem. Otherwise, I think this is the best product that I have ever bought for price and purpose. I love it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen for Great price!, 12 Feb. 2012
Length:: 1:08 Mins

Anchor bolts that came with this are a bit generic, so I purchased my own anchor bolts at Homebase...for the price, this screen is incredible! there are no wrinkles or kinks in the screen when extended down...the metal housing was alot smaller that I anticipated..motor is not very loud, the remote is a nice addition, the glass beads make the screen brighter so you can lower output power and save bulb life:) Make sure you adjust the screen start/stop positions before you mount, as they are pretty hard to get to afterwards, if not impossible. I bought this with an Optoma HD300X...together they are a match made in HD heaven:) you cannot beat the price for the quality of this screen!

5.0 out of 5 stars widescreen footy, 13 Jun. 2011
Supplied this to a customer ( a community centre) Installation : easy, response from customer : delighted. Some members actually thought it was a large LED screen it was such a good picture. 10/10 all round. And incredible value. Motor is very quiet,very easy to adjust ( although it came set pretty much perfectly ) Very long range on wireless controller ( they have put it on the wall behind the bar over 35 feet away and don't need to move it). Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really high quality for the price, 12 Jan. 2013
I've had a projector for a few years now, and we watch films most nights on it. I had made a screen out of battening and canvas that worked really well, but when we moved my new cinema room provided me with a problem. The only place to put a screen was over a small side window. Without this window, the room (situated between the front room and the kitchen) would be a little too dark during the daytime, and I wanted to have it as a dual purpose cinema/playroom. I purchased this screen on a whim, reasoning that the price was good and it would solve a problem without any messing about making a new screen.

Even though this is definitely a budget screen, the quality is outstanding. It's thick and strong, and the metal bar that the screen retracts into is strong and well-made. All mounting bolts were included, and all I ended up having to use was two rawlplugs and long screws. Whilst this is fairly heavy, the frame mounts distribute the weight excellently, so all that is really needed is two screws to hook the whole thing on to.

My projector is an Optoma pico projector, and is a little dull at times being a low,powered LED projector. I purchased it to avoid having to buy any more bulbs, and once you get used to a source that does not light up the entire room during bright scenes, it's perfect for films and gaming. This screen makes my pico look even brighter than it has ever looked before, which is a real bonus.

I tend to buy electronic items with a vague plan of when I will upgrade them. I can see this screen being used for many years to come. It does not need upgrading- it's that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars ditto to other 5 star reviews, 22 Jan. 2014
Excellent screen. I use with a Panasonic PT6000 and results are excellent
as said before its big but other 5 star reviews are spot on with descriptions of the screen.
easy to set up and remote good

no sure how good the tab tension is going to be as it does not seem to put any force on side of screen but i have not looked at any others so do not really know with it should be like and as its not been up long enough to have a problem.

I have read on internet that the waves can be caused by not setting screen up square. not sure how much this effects the screen but it makes sense so setting up with a spirit level is a good idea

My previous screen was a manual Draper and this developed waves after.

supplier could do them selves a favour with a bit better description on screen gain etc
also if they could ask supplier to reduced the cable size. the motor must be pretty small
so the power cable could be seriously reduced in diameter.

remote works fine

I cannot say how much better than my old screen as both screen and projector are new ( old projector was a sharp unit from 10 years ago) but results are excellent.

I did not buy from Amazon as its slightly cheaper direct.

I have no idea how they make this for the money and ship it for the price.

PS

the screws are included for fixing to wall (2 x raw bolts)