5.0 out of 5 stars Terrible 'best of'. Still great.
You won't fail to love this album. Buy it.
The track choices, I agree are ridiculous- I bought this without even checking that 'Walk Away' and 'Sandstorm' were on it and was shocked when I discovered their glaring omission.
However, with songs like 'Flying', 'Live The Dream', 'Fine Time', 'Magic...
Published on 5 Jan. 2006 by Mark Twain

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused
Published on 1 May 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 1 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
Whilst looking through the cheap CD section of Amazon, i saw this and got excited. Growing up to 90's britpop, cast along with others were part of the soundtrack of my childhood.I never bought any of their albums at the time despite likeing most of the singles, especially off 'all change'.I was therefore confused by the tracklist which this CD offers.Although some fimiliar songs are there,'flying','fine time','free me' and 'magic hour' most of their most famous are not.The 'collection' doesn't contain 'guiding star','sandstorm','walkaway' and possibly there most famous track 'alright'! I noticed that the company putting out this record is not casts original record company Polydor and this may be the reason for these key admissions.Without wasnting to put cast down and people off, i cant see how you can call this the 'collection' while missing out several key singles. This is a real disappointment for someone like me who just wants a genuine Cast 'greatest hits'.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic!, 30 Aug. 2005
S. Wellings "stoi689" (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
I totally agree with the above posters comments, this is a pathetic "greatest hits", where the hell is Guiding Star and Walkaway? Plus others...ridiculous! I got duped, i loved Guiding Star and was gutted when it didn't appear. Avoid this compilation it's weak.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least, 26 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
Theres nothing that I can really say that hasn't been already said in the above.
Obvious omissions include Walkaway, Alright, Guiding Star & Beat for your Mama.
Still this album has some great Cast album tracks and Acoustic extras such as Free Me and Never going to tell you, to keep an interest going.
The album is a con to all true fans of the band, but all that aside is a solid and fair reflection of Casts and John Powers music, and would be worth purchasing if you knew very little of the Band and were interested in finding out a little more about them.
Wouldn't recommend this album if you were a big fan of Casts best hits, you'd be better off buying the studio albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrible 'best of'. Still great., 5 Jan. 2006
Mark Twain "Sam" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
You won't fail to love this album. Buy it.
However, with songs like 'Flying', 'Live The Dream', 'Fine Time', 'Magic Hour' and an acoustic version of 'Free Me', this is still one mega collection. Even if you don't know these songs by name (I didn't), you will when you hear them.
I've fallen for the record company's trap and ordered the rest of Cast's albums. Then again, I've ordered John Power's solo album too. And The La's.
You have two options with this album: buy it, or buy all the others- but don't pass this great band by.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where have all the great songs gone?, 6 Feb. 2007
James Redman "jimmy_english" (Reading, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
What the hell is this rubbish???? No Free Me, Sandstorm, Walkaway, Guiding Star, Beat Mama and Alright. At least Live The Dream, I'm So Lonely and Flying are there otherwise I would have given it 1star. Don't buy this instead go on iTunes and download the songs I've mentioned for a true greatest hits experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast are great!!!!!!!!!, 4 Mar. 2009
Mr. J. W. Gilham (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
If you have listened to this band in the past and wanted some of the best they have ever done by this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to Cast, 7 Feb. 2008
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
Why on earth has this CD got so many bad reviews?
Yes, this certainly isn't Cast's finest collection of songs, (I can think of many additions that should have been included but for example, does `Beat Mama' really fit on an album with `Dancing On The Flames'?) but it is still a great album.

This is the first Cast album I bought. I didn't know any song names I just wanted an introduction to them. This was exactly what I got! So many fantastic melodic songs to hook you in and so many songs you recognise. And yes, I did go on to buy the rest of the albums, but this is the one I keep coming back to again and again.

I recommend this to anyone who is interested in Cast but doesn't yet own any albums.
I also recommend it to the fans that don't have it, the few quid it's going for is worth it just for the acoustic version of `Free Me' and the live version of `Never Gonna Tell You'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cast, The Collection, 19 Jan. 2007
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
A bit of a rip off really. Always liked cast, but never bought any albums. Thought this would do the trick, but no Sandstorm or Alright has left me feeling I'be been duped.

The Collection