on 7 February 2013
After owning my P2 for a couple of years I thought it about time I wrote a review. I actually have two of these torches (gave one to my girlfriend), one advertised as an LED Lenser and this one which is a Ledco. They are actually both identical even down to the engraved text on the body. The Ledco did come in a nice presentation box though. A minor point to mention is that the presentation boxed version is better because the pocket clip is detached rather than fitted as it was in the tester packed version. If like me you don't want to use the clip, there is a risk of scratching the paint finish when removing it. So how good is it. Well I have to say that I was immediately impressed by the amount of light it gave out. You have to remember that this is not a three D cell 'mega torch', but for something having just one AAA battery it is quite amazing. The run time is excellent having not had to replace the battery yet, though it is used more as an emergency standby than an everyday torch. It's seen us through bonfire night and some late night walks! I also have a P3 which is similar apart from the fatter lens assembly. The P3 is slightly brighter than the P2 but this is only noticeable when side by side with the P2. The P3 also has a distinct ring of light around its beam footprint, the P2 having a nicer beam shape. The P3 focusing is by pulling the front lens back and forth, the P2 is by rotation which although requires a bit more effort, has a more sure feel. I prefer this P2 over the P3 because it is less bulky, has a nicer light and just feels right. This makes it one of my favourite gadgets. It may seem expensive for such a tiny thing but it is worth it.
on 24 August 2010
This is a great little torch. I've been able to throw out two other torches kept in special places because I have this one in my pocket.

I knocked off a mark because the key ring mounting clip is made from very thin wire and fell off
within two days of attaching it to my key ring.

So I have to remember to pick it up as well as the keys in the morning and I have to be sure I have removed it from my pocket in addition to my keys before washing the trousers.
on 11 May 2013
I bought this to go in a 'survival tin'. It is small and light but very effective. Not sure it needs the focus adjustment (it expands a small amount like a telescope) but I would recommend this for anyone needing an emergency torch which can be carried anywhere.
on 27 November 2013
I bought a P3BM for myself the other day and was so impressed with it I bought one of these for a friend of mine as I thought it would be a lot smaller. In actuality it's the same length as the P3M, just svelter. I personally prefer the P3M as the front element doesn't come away from the main unit when you focus the beam, but that's just my preference over them both, it doesn't mean this is any worse. Not at all.

Any torch that can be that bright from a single AAA battery and as well made deserves a 5-star review. As simple as that. If you don't mind the little extra bulk I'd go with the P3M, but if you want something a little bit more discreet this is an excellent torch and you won't be disappointed.
on 6 March 2014
As I have said in a previous review on another LED Lenser product, I have always been a Maglite advocate. Nothing wrong with Maglite but, if you can afford the extra few quid, then the LED Lenser really does the job at another level. This penlight has a great beam and focus, and is really helped by the 'end of barrel' button (personal preference, but definitely better for me than the usual 'on the side' buttons on most torches of this size).
on 4 January 2010
Excellent torch. Made a great gift. Well made and superb for its size.
Highly recommended.
on 3 July 2010
may be expensive, but an excellent torch with a lovely bright light that lasts for a long time. Bought them as Christmas presents and all good comments back. One star off because of price.
on 11 March 2010
I bought this torch for my wife. It is excellent. You not gonna be disappointed. Highly recommended. Many thanks!!!
on 13 April 2014
Of the many to choose from this one stands out for me.The quality of the metal barrel and the brightness of the light is exceptional. A quality gift box too! You adjust the end of the barrel to control the amount of light wanted. A smart and robust on/off switch. Lightweight and with a quality key-ring attached. 10/10 .
on 14 February 2016
Good make. Good quality materials used. Robust. Good amount of light; spotlight to flood by twisting the top. 4"/10cm long. Half inch/1.5cm diameter.This is the fifth torch of this make I have bought (given as presents & for personal use) and I have never been disappointed. Would recommend.