5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Published on 27 Mar 2005 by soulja4life

3.0 out of 5 stars Grows on you
I got this album for "Locked Up" which had firmly lodged in my musical memory since its release. At first listening I didn't think much of the rest of the album, but in fact it grows on you. i can't say I think much about the people favourite Bananza, but a lot of other tracks have interesting elements, such as: Trouble Nobody, Gangsta (with a really cool simulated...
Published on 5 April 2008 by x iLeon

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 27 Mar 2005
Now i bought this album literally because i had money and i wanted to buy something, so i went in to HMV had a look around and there wasnt much that i wanted/needed. I took a glance at this Akon album and thought that 'locked up' is quite a strong track and i have listened to it for months but i thought that the album may not be so great, however i took a chance and i cashed my money in for this and all i can say is wow!! I am actually really suprised! I thought maybe this album would be mediocre but it isnt its great! Packed with hits like Locked Up and all of its 3 remixes, Ghetto, Lonely, Dont Let Up, When The Times Right, Easy Road, Show Out and Journey well ever single song is good!! It has a really nice feel to it and he speaks with, i feel, maturity and understanding at what he is singing about in his songs. I strongly recomend this album to people who like R&B and Hip Hop, well anyone who likes good music! Anyway a solid album and well worth both your money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really hot album !!, 23 Jun 2005
This longplay is glamorus.Akon is just like mix of Houston and Mario. At first I had a feeling that his first single was dull, but then I heard "Bananza". This song made me buy the album! I wasn't disappointed when I lisened the album!
All cd is very interestin'. If U luv r'n'b U should try it now!
The best songs on the album are:
- Lonely (it's an old song but really cool one - it has about 40 years - Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely)
- Trouble (an engrossing song ;D)
- Bananza (some fun)
- Ghetto (...slow down...)
- Show Out (ok)
- Gangsta (hh song)
- Trouble Nobody
This album is a good first effort, and if you pick it up you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Showing his roots, 5 Jun 2005
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Like most people, I got my first Akon experience with Bananza (Belly Dancer), a fresh, original dance track with an infectious beat. The next track that grabbed my attention was the unusual sampling of Bobby Vinton's hit on "Lonely".
Originally from Senegal, Akon (formerly Aliaune Thiam) blends his heritage, his inherited musical talent and the experiences of a troubled youth, into an exciting debut album of hip hop and R&B.
His strength is in the soulful R&B songs, his unique accent giving the lyrics an extra edge, but his rapping isn't too bad either.
Despite the x-rated lyrics on Gangsta (featuring Daddy T. Picklehead and Devyne), it has a compelling driving beat, and is one of the better songs on the album. Other picks are "Locked Up", "Ghetto", "Pot of Gold", "Show Out" and "Trouble Nobody".
The version I have has 15 tracks, corresponding to the listing on the UK album. There are two extra versions of "Locked Up" and the bonus song "Gunshot", which has a catchy Caribbean style chorus.
An excellent debut album from a young man finally on the right side of the tracks.
Amanda Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic album!!!!!!!!!!!!, 2 Oct 2006
i loved the singles lonely and locked up and it seems these days the artists bring out a decent single but the rest of the album is disapointing but i definetly cant say this for akons debut album. there is not one song on this album that is weak. this guy is a major talent with a brilliant voice, im still listening to the album from start to finish without skipping a single track and i bought this 4months ago. there is not many albums that i have listened to without skipping a track apart from eminems marshall mathers lp. this album is def worth buying. my fave tracks apart from lonely and locked up are ghetto,journey and easy road.

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 9 May 2005
this is a great album,
the standout tracks for me were trouble, ghetto, journey, locked up.
the rest of the tracks are ok but overall a great debut album by Akon

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good but could be better..., 8 Feb 2005
By A Customer
Don't get me wrong this album is good and is worth the buy, however it's quite typical these days to have one banging track on the album (locked up, if you hadn't already guessed) and not many others to follow it up. Ghetto is also a good track.
if your into your R&B with some hip-hop you'll love it. but its nothing special, however i do expect akon to produce a couple of albums in future that may be quality, if he gets the right vocals with the beat, just like locked up and ghetto.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Album Akon!!!, 3 Feb 2005
Jme Greatorex (lincs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Oh my god, locked up was such a big hit and still is. This album is just amazing, look out for specific tracks such as lonely which is bound to be another massive hit for Akon. It has a sort of Kanye West tone about the song. If you love R&B and Hip-Hop this is a must have!! Buy now, you will not be disapointed, I promise!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This album kicks ass!, 3 April 2005
I have NEVER liked hip/hop music or rap music but when I heard/saw the Ghetto video on MTV I was stunned! The music was smooth and the
lyrics were touching, I immediately checked the album out and found that it's jawdropping good! Like I said I've never liked this kind of music before so I'm no expert in hip/hop and rap but I can tell you that you don't have to be into the latter to like this album because it's just genuinly great! This album has it all and I advise you to check it out even if you're not into hip/hop or rap...It's extremely good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Sep 2013
Good service good shipping and brillant service . . . . . . . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 16 Aug 2013
Love akon and love his music. Don't think there is a song I don't listen to. Great album and its always being played

Trouble