5.0 out of 5 stars Heather is back!!, 29 July 2006
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
Little fuss has been made of Heather Small's return to the music scene after 6 years, that little infact, that even the die hard fan could be excused for not noticing her return!! However, when you realise this album is infact out - you must get it!! It shows musical growth in an extremly talented woman. Upbeat pop is mixed with soulful ballads to make this an album anyone should have in there collection. It contains the infectious single "Radio On" and 11 other brilliant new tracks. There is not a track on this CD that I don't like. I was extremly impressed to say the least. In my opinion though, the best is saved till last, with "Don't Give Up On Love", a slow classy sexy number. It is a song which reminds me of much older songs, however, I am a very young music fan and loved this song to bits. So, to conclude, this album is the best of 2006 so far in my opinion, and if you know Heather Small, M People or not, make "Close to a Miracle" the album you buy this summer - I assure you, you won't be dissapointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful!!!!, 2 Aug 2006
Mr. S. Ryzhenok "Music lover" (Derby UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
This album is amazing! Produced to the highest standards and filled with great songs - it's a must for any real music lover.

All the songs are good, there is no filler material at all, it's one of those rare CDs that I can listen to from start to finish without skipping annoying songs ( because there are no annoying songs), which was a bit of a shock as every album I bought recently contained just a couple of decent songs and the rest was just a pile of rubbish.

It took Heather Small nearly 6 years to come up with such a wonderful piece of work, her voice is stunning, vocals are perfect as always, such a pleasure to listen to...

My fav tracks are 2,3,4,5,7,9,11 and 12.

"Don't give up on love" should be released as a single - it's a very special and very powerful song.

"Finally found a way", "Love is always there" and "Crazy for you" are absolute classics, Im sure they will appear on the albums of young and up-coming artists in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heather Small: Vocal Phenom, Feminist, Vegan Activist, 1 Aug 2006
Brien Comerford (Glenview, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
Heather Small's booming and uplifting vocals soar on this exemplary CD that mixes soul, gospel, rock and even some jazz and dance. Her nonpareil voice continues to improve as Heather Small ages. In addition to this exemplary new CD it is a must to purchase Heather Small's "Proud" CD and the m people's "Fresco" CD which as always featured Heather on lead vocals. Heather Small has her own style but she has ascended into greatness akin to Joan Armatrading. In addition to having supreme vocal virtuosity, Heather Small is also a proud feminist and compassionate vegan. Close To A Miracle is an apt title for this wonderful CD. Thank God Heather Small has resurfaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars close to a miracle, 9 Nov 2007
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
Incredible what a voice. All tracks amazing. No cd fillers exeptional talent and ablity. A musician, and to team up with Snake Davis, well the very best .You wont be disapointed.Dont have the time for reviews, but had to on this CD.
. Paul lincolnshire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Private Glory, 30 Oct 2006
LAsongGUY "LSG" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
I love this song! We all need our personal success...our 15 minutes...Heather captures it perfectly with just one song. Private Glory...good job! The whole CD is great...but I would buy it again for just the one song.

4.0 out of 5 stars Close to a Miracle CD Heather Small, 2 Oct 2010
R. Shaw "Rufus" (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
I have always liked listening to Heather Small sing, so there are no surprises, I like this CD too!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 7 Aug 2006
R. Litchfield "Roy Litchfield" (Walsall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
I can't stop playing this in the car, Rise Up is terrific. This album is so well produced from gospel sounding to pop and MOR, great selection - buy it and enjoy quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Heather Small!!!!!!, 15 Nov 2006
E. E. Graham "ell2005" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
WOW. Not as good as 'Proud' but then I have only just bought this, so think it might grow on me more and more. Proud though, really was unbeatable, there were so many songs on there that were wrote for me!!

On this album, Heather kindly wrote one song for me and my partner, its called "Finally found my way" and is just great!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Know if it is like the first solo than this will b even better, 18 July 2006
Jason D. Rayner "JASON" (Portsmouth, ME USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Close to a Miracle (Audio CD)
I LOVE Heather Small's first solo album...I Heard her First single though her web site and I lived it. I live in Maine In USA and have a very hard time to be able to get anything for her or the M-People.....So this is the closest thing that i can get. I ahve to order it on line...well that is the States always behind on the good music....Anyway I love the single and am looking forward to recieving the intire album......

Close To A MIracle