on 1 January 2010
After reading reviews of the other night lights I thought I would give this one a go. I am very happy with it so far. It has a warm orange/yellow light that is made brighter in the hallway by the clear plastic board that seems to refract the light up against the wall it is plugged into to spread the light over a larger area than the low powered LED would otherwise cover. At 0.5 watts and with automatic turn on and turn off when it is dark and light in the room I just plug it in a forget about it. Very happy with the purchase and now I just hope it continues to work reliably for years to come.
Because we have glass above our bedroom doors leaving the corridor light on at night is not an option so I needed to find a night light that would make it safe for the last person to navigate their way to bed.

I have been really pleased with this set of night lights. They come as a pack of two so you can either use both together and perhaps space them down the corridor, you can use them in two different areas of the house or you can just keep the second as a replacement for the day when the original finally stops working.

The unit comes as one piece which directly plugs into the mains. The light part is made from what looks like clear perspex with a pattern running through it. I was surprised at just how thin this lighting section is. Even in the daylight when these are left plugged in you don't really notice them.

What I particularly liked about these night lights is that they are driven by a sensor. So when it gets dark they automatically switch on and then turn themselves off again once the light levels rise. I wanted something I could plug in and forget and these fit the bill perfectly.

In the video I show them plugged in at night. Although you can see the orange light something about the video camera meant that it didn't really show the quality of the light and how much you could see down the corridor. They obviously aren't anywhere near as bright as a standard light but they do give off a warm orange glow that enables you to see safely where you are walking. I don't think that you can really tell this from the video.

If you are looking for a plug in and forget night light then you won't go far wrong with this one.
22 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 September 2013
Bought for my children who have decided (all of a sudden) that they're afraid of
the dark.

The unit consists of 3 super-bright orange LEDs housed at the bottom of a clear
acrylic grooved panel. Light distribution is good and one light will illuminate an
average sized landing or bedroom sufficiently for one to see where one is going.

The unit has a small light sensor mounted into the lower half of the unit enabling
automatic switching on and off at dusk and dawn. I have found that the room
needs a reasonable amount of bright light before switching off. Yesterday was
sunny and the light switched off; today it is cloudy and raining and the lights are
on.

Overall I'm quite happy with the light output and low power consumption (1/2 a
Watt) so I'm not too fussed about the lights staying on longer than the should. I'd
say that unless you can locate the unit near a window it's likely to stay on longer
than one might wish for considering that it's an automatic night light.

Incidentally, I also have two of these which I leave on all the time and they are
rated at 5 Watts. Of course the reason I purchased the automatic lights was so
they switched off by themselves ... or not!
on 28 March 2010
I have purchased a few different night lights and never been happy, they either dont work, fail after a short while or are not bright enough.
These are great, just enough light to see by for night time toilet trips or bed hopping, my son is now happy to sleep with all lights off apart from these little plug ins only having one in his room and one on the landing.
They look good and the sensor on them is excellent, wont be without them now. Highly recommended.
Update.... June 2016. Had these lights since 2010 and they are still going strong, I used for my son n now my daughter who's 5 she won't be without them.. Excellent value.
on 28 August 2011
Perfect amount of light for breast feeding in bed. We co-sleep at the moment and it's great to have one in our bedroom and one in nursery (if I need to change his nappy in the night). There is enough light to check he is breathing(!), find his comforter but you can still sleep. I would highly recommend this product. We had been leaving the landing light on with our door open and as well as it being expensive it also meant our little one had a bright light to deal with on the way to getting his nappy changed. Now we can keep him in sleep mode by using these night lights. I would highly recommend this to all parents - don't bother about buying a different night light (Jo Jo Maman ones are expensive).These ones are all you need.Lifemax Automatic Led Night Light 678.1t Light Sensitive Night Light, 2 Pack
on 18 December 2009
Being elderly, my husband and I are sometimes up in the night. Having these night lights in strategic places gives a warm safe glow for safe moving around without putting on the main lights. Guests and grandchildren also appreciate the warm safety they give.
on 28 June 2010
I chose these over the Ecozone Moonlight ones after reading mixed reviews of those (including various reports of units failing after a little as one week, and the fact they give off green light). I've been using 2 Lifemax nightlights for several weeks now, they give a perfect low level of warm, orange light. Bright enough to see your way around, yet low enough so as not to disrupt sleep. And you really do just plug in, turn on & forget about them, due to the light sensors and tiny power usage. They are very small & compact, and perfectly cool to touch. My 3 year old daugher loves having the one in her room, and likes how it turns on all by itself when we shut her curtains.
on 13 December 2011
Not a bad product, but you might assume (like I did) that the light emitted would be white. It is definitely very yellow/orange. This is not clear from the pictures because it is set against a red background and the light appears orangy. This is not something to do the background in the picture...that is how it is.

Also one of the lights doesn't seem to realise that it is daytime, and perhaps the daylight is just not strong enough. So the light stays on all the time. Not too much of a problem. The other one works fine.
on 3 October 2011
I liked this product, I work nights a lot and certainly adds to the protection of my home.However i don't believe the lights alone would do the trick as i didn't find them bright enough. If you are using them as a subtle lighting change they would do the trick.
on 16 December 2009
low running costs, good "nightlight" to avoid breaking your neck in the dark if you have to get up during the night - recommended

See one answered question