5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic follow up to a brilliant debut
Alter Bridge caught my attention after I heard about Creed's split, a band who I had never really valued, but recognised that there was a lot of potential in the sound they were making.

Alter Bridge's first album was a perfectly crafted, pure rock n roll gem, and this follow-up delivers more of the same soaring vocals, chugging riffs and widdly guitar work that...
Published on 20 April 2008 by Master J. M. Heyes

1.0 out of 5 stars new or used ?
Usually when I buy new I expect packaging to show it's been sealed and not used. This came with none of this. This was for a gift
Published 5 months ago by Victoria T.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future Of Rock And Roll!!!, 28 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
I Wont write alot, as people have already given a good track by track review.

All i will say is, before this CD "One Day Remains" the bands debut album, was my favorite CD of all time.. After listening to this CD for about 3 weeks or so, i think this one has beaten it

THE SONG BLACKBIRD MAKES THIS CD WORTH THE PRICE OF THE ALBUM ALONE!!!

Truly a masterpiece. I reccomend it, and "One Day Remains" if you dont own it yet!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackbird is excellent, 2 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
I think Alter Bridge are fantastic probably my fav band from across the pond at the moment. This album takes off where One Day Remains finished with the band produceing fantastic music. When I first heard Alter bridge with One Day Remains I was really impressed and I loved the album and I think this album is just as good as one day remains and the band have really kept to the high level they started with.

The album starts in a fantastic with Track one Ties That Bind which is an excellent track that sets the stage for an excellent album, along with Ties That Bind, Blackbird which is track number 8 has to be my other fav track but the whole album is a brillant listen and well worth getting.

To be honest I can't think about anything negative to say about the album if you like rock music this album is well worth adding to your collection and I would also suggest getting their 1st album as well. I do believe their sound on Blackbird to be heavier than the sound on One Day Remains but I personally think that is just a good thing.

I hope you enjoy as much as I have

5.0 out of 5 stars Spreading their wings and taking flight, 24 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
American FM rock music has long been waiting for its saviours, and they appear to have come in the shape of Alter Bridge.

I really loved their first album; Kennedy's vocal capabilities and Tremonti's axework especially. Here their sound is more cohesive and far heavier, instilled with a dynamism which leaves you gaping at their musicianship. They have the songs too: from the crushing Come To Life, to the anthemic Brand New Start, and all brought together on awe-inspiring epic centrepiece Blackbird. They are not afraid to take risks in mixing it up either, whether it be the death metal crunch of Buried Alive, the uplifting positivity of Before Tomorrow Comes, or delicate sentimentality of Watch Over You.

Their prowess and strong sense of their own sound make this a vital album and milestone release that can bring true heaviness and power to the mainstream, from a band that never eschews its core melodic sensibility. It's also that rare album that showcases individual talent (especially the virtuosic Tremonti) without slipping into the self-indulgent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this album. Seriously..., 19 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
Alter Bridge are an extremely overlooked band, and they are only getting better and better. Buy this album, it will be absolutely incredible without a doubt. What I've heard so far is just the tip of the iceberg, with songs like Rise Today, Ties That Bind and Watch Over You being the most promising thing us Alter Bridge fans could wish for. Outstanding band, outstanding debut album, can't wait for this one. See you on the UK leg in January, bring your vocal chords and your dancing shoes......

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of 2007, 27 Nov. 2007
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
Loads of other reviews, many by people with more knowledge of this band than I, so suffice to say this album is a GOOD old fashioned (in the best sense of the phrase) rock and roll album, brilliantly played and sung. If you like Maiden, classic Dio, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Machine Head, Megadeth...need I go on? you'll LOVE this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
What can I say Blackbird is the best album i've ever heard an hour of heavy rock and loving ballads,deferentially the best out of the three (Ab III, Blackbird and One Day Remains). Anyone just getting into Alter Bridge has to buy this, with it's brilliant singles (Rise Today,Watch Over You,Ties That Bind and Before Tomorrow Comes)and it's amazing tittle track (Blackbird) considered to be the best Alter Bridge song ever. Pure brilliance packed into an 8 minute slot. Winner of Guitarist magazine best solo ever (voted for by readers) beating solos by Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, and David Gilmour by a wide margin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album., 18 Mar. 2012
G. Musto "gemmusto" (Tadley, West Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackbird (UK-OZ-NZ Version) (MP3 Download)
Alter Bridge have produced a really great album with Blackbird.

Myles Kennedy's vocals combined with the brilliant guitar work of Mark Tremonti is a delight to listen to. My recommended tracks are:

Brand New Start.....truly wonderful all-round song.
Rise Today..........another great balanced song.
Blackbird...........just excellent.
Before Tomorrow Comes.....strong vocals and great riffs.
One By One.........another classic.
Watch Over You.....ballad, but a good one.
Wayward One........as with Brand New Start...excellent.

That's only half the tracks.......Myles has recently teamed up with Slash for his latest tour....having listened to this album you can understand why he was chosen.

Just go and buy it.......you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!, 25 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
I'm no music expert. I have only listened to this album all the way through 20 times or so. The first time I listened I was hooked. I'm getting ready to go see them here soon in Spokane, I'm sure it will rip. Best album I've bought in the last 15 years!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Album ever made, Realy, 8 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
This Album is truly Amazing. Every track is a face melter.
guitar solos are second to none.
The Talent of this band is out of this world.

Buy this album, Alter Bridge ROCK.

For fans of good talented music, (none of this EMO, Pop, Rap Rubbish)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackbird - stunning, 11 Aug. 2008
Mr. Richard S. Cave (Stocksfield, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
Stumbled across Alter Bridge just looking for something new to listen to. Bought 'One Day Remains' first and right from the first track I knew this is the kind of music I'd missed - something of substance, class and melody. This band is complete - superb....but anyway back to Blackbird - don't care to be honest about the rest of the tracks Blackbird is absolutely, totally, stunningly captivating - and having listened to it over 30 times in the last 6 days I've still got a long way to go before I'm bored of it.....the only song to rival it this decade if Sober (my December) by Kelly Clarkson (listen to it before you judge!!!)....

Brilliant - I only hope they don't break up or fade into mediocrity

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›