5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a gloomy day where you want to be cheered up!
Published on 8 Oct 2007 by J. SCARROTT

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work properly when it arrived
I was so excited to see that the CD had arrived, because I absoloutely love the musical, I pop it in e CD player and notice on the first song it skips parts of the song, and skips the rest of the song, this also happens on a couple of the other songs, very upset :L take caution
Published 8 months ago by Sam Bayfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a gloomy day where you want to be cheered up!, 8 Oct 2007
J. SCARROTT "me" (uk) - See all my reviews
Quite simply, Hairspray is in my opinion, one of the best films to have been on at the cinema this year. However, what makes it so successful is its fantastic soundtrack. Opening number 'Good Morning Baltimore' is a great feel good tune and other classic tracks such as 'Without Love' with lyrics such as 'I never looked inside myself but on the outside I looked good' and 'It's like getting my big break and laryingitus'(apologies for spelling!),you know you are onto a winner! As for the singing, all in all very good although I thought Nikki Blonsky's voice started to grate after a while, despite it being amazing compared to my own voice! All I can say is that we need more fantastic soundtracks and films like this as it is practically impossible to not smile when listening. Great stuff all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now That's What You Call Music!, 21 July 2007
Katrina-UK (Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fantastic film - made fabulous by the superb music and the superb acting & dancing. Fabulous rock n roll music which will make sense once you've seen the film! I can honestly say this is the first film I've ever seen at the cinema, where people watching the film have actually stood up and started dancing! Why? Because of the music....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Feel Good Album, 2 Aug 2007
Carl Spencer "Carl" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you enjoyed the film, which I'd bet good money you did, then you'll absolutely adore this soundtrack. It includes all the songs, plus a couple more [heard in the credits] and they are pretty much in their entirety, giving you the full spirit and beat of the movie. A must-have for any musical collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars is not enough!, 25 July 2007
I have just returned from the cinema watching this film and the first thing I did was to order this soundtrack! The score is awesome, thesinging is AMAZING! Who'd have thought Christopher Walken could sing?

I recommend this CD to everyone in the entire world!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can''t stop singing it!, 8 Jan 2009
L. Greensword "Work hard and play nice!" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hairspray - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (MP3 Download)
This is an awesome soundtrack. Zac Eflon has a really nice voice..if I was a director I know a great character that he could be casted as with that voice!
The whole soundtrack is an upbeat, feel happy, don't be depressed piece which is great cos thats what we need at the moment, happy cheerful songs. My favorites on the soundtrack are "run and tell that", "Big, Blonde and Beautiful" and "It takes two". Sure its 60's ish..but its fun! Especially is you wanna do some karaoke with it...gives you one great time!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, 14 Aug 2008
K. Brook "Karlene" (UK) - See all my reviews
I remember the original hairspray from when I was younger and loved it then and still love it now, even though the songs and characters are different its still amazing! the soundtrack has all the songs from the film that just make you want to be in that groovy era of the 50's/60's. I have the album in my car and can never resist a good old sing along. Definitely a feel good soundtrack to brighten up your day! love it and love Hairspray!

4.0 out of 5 stars CD, 5 Dec 2013
Good CD and also good price although the case was cracked but it still played fine so I was happy with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairtastic, 4 Jun 2013
This is a great album from the film that will have you tapping your feet and singing along to the music

4.0 out of 5 stars 1960's, 2 Aug 2009
M. G. Hatfield "trekle5" (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great soundtrack to an enjoyable movie.

The album book has all the words to every song so now you can sing along to your favourite track the soundtrack does express the feelings the America's had for blacks in the 1960's.

This soundtrack is a good gift for a fan of the film or and good CD if like music from musical.

There plenty of talent on this disc Zac Efron of High School Musical and the legend John Travolta from GREASE.

This is a great buy and a great price with Amazon prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST FILM EVER and THE BEST SONGS EVER!, 29 Oct 2007
I love every song in this album, they are all sung by different kinds of actors which makes the music varied and suprising. I bought this album on Amazon as soon as I came out of the Cinema, I still cant get these songs out of my head 4 months after it was released! The highlights of this album include.....every single song! I promise that you wont regret buying this, it will brighten up every day with a little song and dance and I am sure that you wont be able to get them out of your head either. BUY IT NOW !!! :)