5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Cat's pop music
Born Steven Georgiou, he adopted the name Cat Stevens for his musical career but subsequently became a Muslim, quitting his musical career and changing his name again, this time to Yusuf Islam. This compilation of his music as Cat Stevens is as good as any you are likely to find.
Cat had a minor UK hit in 1966 (I love my dog) but established himself as a songwriter...
Published on 2 Mar 2005 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the album I wanted as it turned out.
Not bad but the original albums had some interesting stuff on em, this is a bit sort of , sterile. I love the sound of that Gibson Everly though. every time I played it, no matter how hard you hit those strings, 6 clear notes rang out as clear as you like.. It is ok for a cheap album, but I don't think it did him any favours.
Published 2 months ago by Roger Dutton

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
fab Cd,,brings back many memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE GOODS

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 9 Jun 2014
really happy with this contained more tracks than I thought. My children have been singing some of the songs in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the fans, 17 May 2014
When I was young, Cat Setevens was young. I like his songs - a lot. These are the best of those songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a wide world., 10 May 2014
What a singer songwriter. This is the album to drive to - if you want a lift from the monotony of life, stick this on and your outlook will become positive. Great songwriters only appear once or twice a decade, Cat Stevens is one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely singer, 8 May 2014
Mrs. Mary E. Owen "A parents guide" (United Kingdon) - See all my reviews
I love Cat Stevens music and this CD doesn't disappoint. Most of my favourites were included. He is one of the best easy listening singers about.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 8 May 2014
If you like Cat Stephens, this is a good selection of his great songs. I bought this as a present and the recipient was very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been blown away by how much i love this, 6 May 2014
I've been blown away by how much i love this gorgeous Cat Stevens album. It is musically rich - a true singer/songwriter treasure that takes the listener through a whole spectrum of emotional experiences. The sound quality is fab and though only recently ordered, i've played it lots. I'm in in my 50s but i think this music should be case-studied as part of a music curriculum in schools. Fantastic. Mrs D.B., Kent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Best of Cat Stevens, 6 May 2014
As the description says, this is a good selection of Cat Stevens' songs including several that were new to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says., 30 April 2014
Bookie (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Bought this as a 1.99 mp3 download and it's a bargain. Some great storytelling wrapped in easygoing lyrics and relatively stripped sound. Some tracks, well over 40 years since first performed, remain fresh sounding and relevant. Puts all the popular stuff in one place.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›