5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Grant - A Great British Talent!
What a fabulous singer and performance! Surely it can't be too long until Peter Grant is received and embraced by the UK audience. Great vocal intensity and interpretation with well produced arrangements another aural delight from this great talent. But all three of his CDs they are worth every penny.
Published 19 months ago by Michael Paul Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing follow-up to a Brilliant Debut Album.
Peter performs "Traditional" very well, but it is a poor lyric by any standard. He sings of wanting his love to be traditional..."the old school traditional". What on earth does that mean? To make matters worse we are given this gibberish again as a bonus track at the end.

Published on 21 Nov 2007 by P. J. Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing follow-up to a Brilliant Debut Album., 21 Nov 2007
P. J. Wallace "Peter Wallace" (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)

"Happy Together" is good apart from the orchestra trying its best to drown out the vocal - the balance is wrong. "That's Life" and "Never Too Far Away From A Song" are similarly over orchestrated - and I don't much care for the orchestra both in terms of overall sound and style.

"This Guy's In Love With You" is quite dreadful. The tempo is wrong, the arrangement is tuneless and it is, at best, a dirge.

"Until You Come Back To Me" is a lovely track and more attractive to those of us who greatly admired Peter's debut album "New Vintage". I also liked "On The Beach", "September Song"; and "Edge of Blue" - admittedly not the most memorable selection of songs, but Peter's voice can be heard in sympathetic settings. At least he gets the chance to show his vocal abilities in these numbers.

This CD is a rag bag of styles and moods and it just doesn't gel. There has been a marked change in direction since "New Vintage" and not for the better. It is clear that this album is attempting to broaden Peter's appeal by trying to be more cutting edge. This is not an unworthy aim, but a questionable choice of material and unimpressive orchestrations have left me with a feeling of disappointment. I do hope Peter's next album will be worthy of his talent; we know he has it in him!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected More, 26 Nov 2007
Jose Moura Santos "Jose Moura dos Santos" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
When I bought his first album I didn't know who he was and never have heard of him. It was a wonderful surprise!!! What a voice and a great singer he is! Still has to grow but the essencial is there. The choice of the songs was perfect. Now I was expecting something equal or better. His voice is still there and I think it'll improved as the years go by, but the choice of the songs wasn't the best one, apart from the swing/jazzy This Guy is Love", lovely way to sing it, all the rest is so so. We can't hear his powerful voice in all the cd. I think all his fans were expecting something in the line of Buble, Cincotti, Connick JR and so on, the standards or powerfull songs like Joana.Let's hope next time we can find Grant like we was in the first one - a wonderful surprise for the those who don't know him! I'm still a fan...

2.0 out of 5 stars What a backward step, 22 Sep 2007
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
After "New Vintage" which was absolutely superb,"Traditional" is now the usual run in the mill stuff presumably, aimed at the younger generation. Being a member of the old brigade (getting on for 80) I thought this young man was at last catering for those of us who remember what good music used to be. Just think of Matt Monro,Frank Sinatra,Tony Bennett,Vic Damone,Etc.Etc. Peter Grant gave us hope that The Good Times were coming back.Where were the renderings of tunes like Joanna-Walk Away and all the other tracks as on New Vintage.There are countless hundreds of standards which he could have used. May I suggest that his next album includes tunes that are remembered and loved by us oldies.We may be old but we still appreciate good music and not this hard to understand stuff of today, which I can never visualise being remembered in 40 or 50 years time. Peter Grant is a very talented young man and a pleasure to listen to but he must not forget that even the elderly still buy C.D's

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Grant - A Great British Talent!, 7 Feb 2013
Michael Paul Richards (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Grant - Traditional, 17 Feb 2012
Andrew M. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
This item was delivered on time and was well packaged. Peter Grant is a young singer who sings traditional songs on this CD. As we already have other Peter Grant CD's this adds to our collection. I would recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Cullum - Grant is the one to watch, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
If you're sick of artists covering Frank Sinatra and being pale immitations, you need to check out this chap. He has a superb voice and a very personal iterpretation of some old classics. His original material is a delight - Traditional is one of my absolute favourites adn I defy you to get bored of listening to it. He's just a youngster, so can only develop and immprove so definitely one to watch, and hopefully we'll get to see more of him playing live. Not sure how he's been kept under the radar for so long!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 22 Sep 2007
Colin R. Holmes (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
An excellant new singer who is young, british, and extremly talented.I found the album enchanting. A mixture of big band with a slight touch of jazz and some intersting warm ballads. His previous album covered a few Matt Munroe songs and I enjoyed that tremendously,a good first album. I feel this is a step forwards covering what he himself likes and that comes over on this his second album. TRADITIONAL, the title track is wonderful but then so is THAT'S LIFE{not the Sinatra song} YOU'RE WORTH IT,of course HAPPY TOGETHER and especially YOU DON'T KNOW ( HOW GLAD I AM) .There is going to be a lot more to come I hope and if you like an easy listening album that is right up to date then you won't be dissapointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better choice of songs next time..., 1 Oct 2007
Efthivoulos E. Nielsen (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
Peter Grant is a talented young man and I have enjoyed his new album. However, I still think there is something missing from this new offering. Perhaps a better choice of songs next time?

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional - Peter Grant, 14 Nov 2007
C. E. Grafton (Mortehoe, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
Having seen Peter live I bought this album having seen the songs being performed on stage. He has a huge talent and this selection of songs is just great - especially 'The Beach' and 'You're Worth It'. It is so refreshing to be able to hear the words of the songs clearly - he has settled into his unique style on this album - I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Streamer, 11 Sep 2007
This review is from: Traditional (Audio CD)
Great version of "Happy Together" which I believe is on the new Twix ad. Good for him, great album, great voice he deserves to be in everyones front room.

Traditional