on 19 January 2014
Bought this as a Christmas gift for my Brother-in-Law. He is delighted with it. good price and a fast delivery.
on 30 October 2010
Every bit as good as you remember and maybe even better - and if you weren't there to remember it in the first place all the more reason to buy it. Glad of the significant interval when I haven't been listening to this album as I'm coming to it fresh and love it. Perhaps occasionally it could do with a little reining in and paring down - Into the Fourth Dimension comes to mind - but when it's on song - as it usually is - any flaws are easily forgiven. As the sample goes: "I've been waiting for music like this all my life."
Just to add, having given UF Orb also another listen, Ultraworld is very much the crowning glory - UF Orb's beats more synthetic and at times auto-pilotically jarring; the spirit and density of feeling not quite there compared to Ultraworld.
To add, Rainbow Dome Musick by Steve Hillage is probably the album I'd pick as a genuine precursor to this, made I think in 1979, well worth checking out - very blissed out and no coincidence Hillage guests on The Orb's Ultraworld album.
on 27 December 2012
A quality album, worth buying. its just mind bendingly good and will stay in the car for a very long time.
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2007
From the first few moments of "Little Fluffy Clouds" I was hooked. The bonus was that my guitar hero/zero Steve Hillage was involved...

I played this a lot in the nineties, my huge "pro" speakers bringing this music to life. I also loved the BBC sessions, particulary the Under Water Deep Space mix of "Backside Of The Moon."

Now, both releases are together with the awsome rare tracks too, sounding better than ever.

Trust me, you owe it to yourself to have this in your collection. As said by another reviewer, listen LOUD and with your favourite tipple in hand.

RECOMMENDED by a VERY happy bunny!!!
on 24 February 2007
Why anyone consigned the Orb to that dreaful moniker 'chill out', I'll never know. This was AND IS music to dance to if you have an ounce of soul in your body. As a techno head I was blown away when this album came out and can still remember dancing beyond dawn on a Wednesday morning in some North London club (work only minutes away!)to the very tracks that ended up on these discs. As others have said, this beautiful music can still take you to some wonderful places - so give it a listen. Two things.. it should be quite dark and it should be very loud! The remastered verison - unbelievably - is an improvement. Shame they can't capture the laser show on CD! Enjoy.
on 26 November 2014
Brilliant - good price, high quality, arrived in good time.
on 10 January 2015
Brought for my boyfriend good cd.
on 9 October 2014
Fast delivery and all in order.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2009
This album formed the backbone of many a hazy, late night in student halls. It's great to hear it again
on 25 August 2014
FLAWLESS! DELIGHTED WITH MY PURCHASE - GR8 VALUE - PROMPT DELIVERY - 5 STAR!!